The Falkirk FC Thread

Clearly made up by Lang and the rest of the BoD to deflect attention then. Get a grip.
Wind your fucking neck in. Where have I said that it didn't happen. I have stated a fact that two people I know who were in the main stand on Saturday never heard a thing.

Also being at the game I could see that it was a very small section that contained Falkirk fans and many on FB have stated that stand tickets were only sold to season ticket holders so it shouldn't be too hard to identify the fans that were there and speak to them to ascertain if they have heard anything.

Is that clear enough for you.

36 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

You talk about as much pish as Branch Ton mate.

Nobody on here thinks what was said to Dennon was acceptable. It’s bloody disgusting but to say 79% of us are like that is shocking.

It is disgusting to say 79% of Falkirk fans are scum and anyone who says such a thing should be ashamed of themselves.

I prefer "21% of Falkirk fans aren't scum"

2 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Wind your fucking neck in. Where have I said that it didn't happen. I have stated a fact that two people I know who were in the main stand on Saturday never heard a thing.

Also being at the game I could see that it was a very small section that contained Falkirk fans and many on FB have stated that stand tickets were only sold to season ticket holders so it shouldn't be too hard to identify the fans that were there and speak to them to ascertain if they have heard anything.

Is that clear enough for you.

What relevance does it have that two people "never heard a thing"? You're trying to make out it's been made up.

Pretty scummy behaviour from the person responsible. I was in the main stand and never heard a peep. There were plenty of Falkirk and Stenny fans sitting along one another, and in the hospitality. It was all very pleasant, through gritted teeth after the match, naturally. Surprised it didn't come out at the time to be honest. These kind of things are usually gossiped about after the match behind closed doors.

What relevance does it have that two people "never heard a thing"? You're trying to make out it's been made up.
Where have I said once that he made it up or even suggested that. I have stated a fact that two folk I know who were there never heard any racist abuse directed at Lewis.

There may have been others who did hear it and given the facts

1. Very few Falkirk fans in the main stand
2. Tickets only sold to season ticket holders
3. The club were recording details of fans buying tickets

This should not be too difficult for the club to identify those involved.

Just now, Hughsie said:

Those responsible - disgrace.

The board for piggy backing a “don’t give us or the players the stick they deserve” line off the back of a very serious matter is nearly as bad.

Getting close to chucking it. What a fucking shit show.

Yeah, shameful for them to try and group some folk calling Craig Campbell a w****r in the same article so that no one can push back on it. 

The board for piggy backing a “don’t give us or the players the stick they deserve” line off the back of a very serious matter is nearly as bad.

They should simply have said

“We have an allegation of one of our players being racially abused but our own fans at Stenhousemuir on Saturday. Anyone who has any information in connection with this please get in touch in full confidence”

Nothing more was needed at this stage.

3 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

They should simply have said

“We have an allegation of one of our players being racially abused but our own fans at Stenhousemuir on Saturday. Anyone who has any information in connection with this please get in touch in full confidence”

Nothing more was needed at this stage.

Campbell obviously isn’t chuffed that most of the fans (rightly) want him hunted.

I have heard nothing at games, or read anything online, that would warrant that sort of public statement. An absolute disgrace.

Really sad that some people's first instinct is to question whether the abuse actually took place.

Also really sad for you to suggest your support is not racist after the abuse multiple supporters dished out to Hippo.
The actions of this moron on Saturday is unacceptable and a life ban and criminal prosecution is needed. However the actions on Saturday in no way excuse Dunfermline’s racist vermin either and it’s ridiculous to try to link the two.

20 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Totally with you on this. No idea what's been said, but I doubt it's invented. I'm also not buying the "If people heard it they'd have MMA'd the fan instantly " line. Most folks keep their heads down to avoid confrontation. Completely unacceptable from whichever Neanderthal has gone down that road. and hopefully a lifetime ban as well as any criminal conviction. Don't ever want to share a stadium with racists.

But that club statement. Conflating a serious isolated incident around alleged racist abuse at the weekend, which is a serious police matter, with unsubstantiated insinuations of this being part of something more sinister vis a vis the squad and club officials as a whole is despicable in my view. 

Horrendous and yet another PR disaster this season, which creates a them and us mentality. I think the fans have been reasonably behaved this season given the disaster it's been. 

Edited by Bairn Necessities

In all seriousness, there already seemed to be a divide between the club, players and fans that can easily take years to fix while looking forward to years of mediocrity and despair during that period.

This incident and the subsequent board statement could be the nail in the coffin on any chance of getting through this disastrous season with your head above water at a time going in to January when everyone should be pulling together.

4 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Also really sad for you to suggest your support is not racist after the abuse multiple supporters dished out to Hippo.
The actions of this moron on Saturday is unacceptable and a life ban and criminal prosecution is needed. However the actions on Saturday in no way excuse Dunfermline’s racist vermin either and it’s ridiculous to try to link the two.

Exactly mate. As I said before that pish from us on Saturday does not excuse Poet saying racism is acceptable.

1 hour ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Really sad that some people's first instinct is to question whether the abuse actually took place.

It's classic victim blaming, exactly the same kind of mentality loads of fuckwits demonstrate on the internet constantly. 'He brings it on himself' 'What was she wearing' etc etc. 

I would like to hear more about the extent of incidents of abuse directed at the board though.
After one of the biggest board level fuckups I can ever remember, I cannot believe they expect a free ride either.....

2 minutes ago, Bairn Necessities said:

Totally with you on this. No idea what's been said, but I doubt it's invented. I'm also not buying the "If people heard it they'd have MMA'd the fan instantly " line. Most folks keep their heads down to avoid confrontation. Completely unacceptable from whichever Neanderthal has gone down that road. and hopefully a lifetime ban as well as any criminal conviction. Don't ever want to share a stadium with racists.

The stand is seven rows deep. The Stenhousemuir and Falkirk fans were sitting together. Why was this incident not being talked about in hospitality or in the wee bar after the game? Did no-one there actually hear this? I mean, look at the indignation, and quite rightly too, being shown here tonight.