The Falkirk FC Thread

1 hour ago, qos_75 said:

Would it be that bad if you were relegated? I genuinely mean that in a good way.

The last couple of seasons have been a struggle. Sometimes a season at the seaside does you the power of good. 

The positives are you would be able to get rid of the deadwood. In addition to this you would have the budget to be certanties to win the league.

You would probably be able to attract  higher level championship standard players at that level too. The bounce from that could propel you into a promotion push to the top division, the season after. 

There is a good feeling going to a game at the seaside, knowing that more often than not (home or away)  you are going to pump the opposition.

Sometimes a step backwards for two step forwards

There would definitely be advantages to relegation. The main one being the end of Craig Campbell's reign, and hopefully Margaret Lang resigning too. 

That would almost be worth being Mortoned in itself.

11 hours ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

The Falkirk calendar having a sticker section is an absolute winner btw. The best news I’ve heard from the club for years and I can’t wait to start collecting.

First packet......'swap you?........swap you?.......swap you?........swap you?........

3 hours ago, qos_75 said:

Would it be that bad if you were relegated? I genuinely mean that in a good way.

The last couple of seasons have been a struggle. Sometimes a season at the seaside does you the power of good. 

The positives are you would be able to get rid of the deadwood. In addition to this you would have the budget to be certanties to win the league.

You would probably be able to attract  higher level championship standard players at that level too. The bounce from that could propel you into a promotion push to the top division, the season after. 

There is a good feeling going to a game at the seaside, knowing that more often than not (home or away)  you are going to pump the opposition.

Sometimes a step backwards for two step forwards

You say that, having had an absolute riot there with Nicky Clark et al a few years ago.

It could just as easily turn into an Airdrie/Dunfermline nightmare getting stuck down there for years. Or turn into a 2nd/3rd tier yoyo like Ayr have been for the last 20 years or whatever. (No disrespect to Ayr's current fantastic position intended).

Falkirk have never been below tier 2 in my time supporting them and I don't fancy it tbh. Save that shit for diddies like Morton. 
Same. Saved that one time by Airdrie... Dont currently trust the board to do what would be neccessary to romp the seaside league at the first time of asking. They would likely attempt to get by with "just enough" and make a c**t of it.

9 hours ago, AsimButtHitsASix said:

They might be concerned but they'll all agree. No-one sees Falkirk as rivals outside that triangle of beige.

Christ, a second national poll held within 24 hours. Bravo you! You will have grasped that your second sentence makes absolutely no sense whatsoever.

Tell you what. You have a wee punt at expressing just your opinion on your own. There are loads of interested parties expressing theirs and don’t really need you indulging in a wee fantasy that you are somehow representing them.

55 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I've seen us in the lower leagues. Playing in front of crap crowds, hardly any away support, no big games to look forward too.

If possible, I would prefer we avoided this pish.

Absolutely this.

Relegation to the seaside leagues is not a short term novelty it is a full on disaster, our income would fall off a cliff and I certainly don't buy into the theory that we could attract good championship quality players to enable us to skoosh the league.

Relegation is a very bad thing.