The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I don't think its the fact he was poor its just for the fact we expected a proven goalscorer but when there is little being created what more than the guy do other than his best its not just the fact Lewis is poor as a collective they have failed to give him the resources in this case creativity to score goals.  I actually feel disgusted that he has been abused in such a way it doesn't matter if its only 1 person or even 2 the fact this has happened it still tars the club and support as a whole with the same brush.

No, sorry, don't buy that. He's an absolute atrocious footballer. Dreadful first touch, no goal threat. I've no idea why he was given a professional contract. 

We can't let a really horrible situation he's faced off the park cloud our judgement on his footballing ability, which isn't there 

8 hours ago, Poet of the Macabre said:

Apologies, that was actually  one of the Falkirk "fans" on Twitter, not P&B.

It was one of the idiots responding to Lewis' tweet, mentioned Latapy and Cadete.

The context of that tweet was to condemn the few and illustrate that the vast majority of supporters back him. Absolutely not the “but I’ve got black friends” type comment you’ve made it out to be.

Anyway, it doesn’t matter as there are plenty of other idiots on here and social media that have let themselves down.

Never thought I’d ever say this but I feel ashamed to be a Falkirk fan at the moment. I have previously messaged to say that players should never be abused and now this happens. The way this has been handled by the club has tarred us all. Abuse of all kinds exists in our society and should not be tolerated but surely the club could have handled it better, imagine if other like the old firm handled it in this way. I hope the culprits own up and we can all move forward and concentrate on the massive job ahead.

"Tell Me Why I Am A Racist Apologist: A Play in 3 Acts" by Bairnardo

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

What the f**k are you talking about?

Firstly, I never said it was acceptable. I said that 1) I dont know the laws re that scenario, and 2) Kelevra is correct that people (and I will happily say almost all people) say things privately that they wouldnt shout.

I have also spoken on this thread about "dragging people out" but presumably you havent bothered to read it all going by the misinformed tone of your rant here.

Please try and tell me rationally why I am a racist apologist?

23 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

No, I am agreeing that people DO say things in private that they wouldnt say in public, and asking what provisions the law has for that. At best you are wilfully misinterpreting my post. Nothing about that suggests I think racism is acceptable.

Also, show me where Kelevra stated racism is fine? The best I can see is that he is saying it exists, privately and publically and questioning what if anything can be done about privately held opinions.

22 hours ago, Andreas Kelevra said:

Those tickets were sold to older fans who couldn't stand for 90 minutes, in my experience some older people use language, which is highly inappropriate and racist. My point is should an overheard conversation be regarded the same as someone shouting racist abuse.
If it is an older fan are we to haul someone through the courts and ban them, they could have mild dementia, recently had a stroke or a change in medication?

ezgif-1-5827e750d236.gif

"Tell Me Why I Am A Racist Apologist: A Play in 3 Acts" by Bairnardo

ezgif-1-5827e750d236.gif.ccf265c5db8bd2733230e697575b1bcf.gif
Yeah good shout. Quoting something Kelevra said AFTER my posts is of course a great way to prove the point.

You can join the queue of obsessed Morton diddies, and also the queue of arseholes who have claimed I am a racist apologist despute being unable to explain in their own words why.

I'll wait on your explanation of where, at any point I have either; failed to condemn racism, or made any sort of excuse for it. No silly quotes from others though. Your own words will do fine.

3 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

Can't see us get anything Saturday

Back to football thank god.

Tough place to go although they have had a few draws recently, Ray has no other option other than to set us up not to get beat. Hopefully Saturday was a wake up call to most of them and we get a response, can't see it but stranger things have happened. Does anyone know if the Prince is back?

13 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

Hopefully we can get him in. Obviously better than we have.

No doubt about that. A return to the plodding predictBle defence, and the addition of someone capable of keeping the ball in the other half of the park for a wee while would be a welcome addition for now.

I guess McKinnon is caught between a rock and a hard place as getting us out of the Hartley mess for this season, and building something sustainable for next season might not be one and the same thing without risking another summer of signings similar to this year’s efforts.

22 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Yeah good shout. Quoting something Kelevra said AFTER my posts is of course a great way to prove the point.

You can join the queue of obsessed Morton diddies, and also the queue of arseholes who have claimed I am a racist apologist despute being unable to explain in their own words why.

I'll wait on your explanation of where, at any point I have either; failed to condemn racism, or made any sort of excuse for it. No silly quotes from others though. Your own words will do fine.

Don't be disingenuous. The post from Kelevra I quoted was merely illustrative of his contribution to this thread. 

On 27/11/2018 at 23:13, Andreas Kelevra said:

Really? Why aren’t the jails full of BNP types or even religious groups with homophobic speech, doesn’t it have to put someone in a state of fear or alarm.

Two old duffers overheard  using non pc language to discuss a player isn’t racist abuse.

It was immediately after this post that you dived in and started White Knighting for him, claiming that his dubious defence of racist behaviour was somehow a probing inquiry into privacy laws.

Per your comments above, it's not the responsibility of myself or anyone else to prove you are/aren't a racist apologist; indeed I don't know if you are a racist apologist or not.

However, surely you must be self aware enough to understand how your behaviour on this thread, coupled with your spittle flecked outrage whenever anyone has attempted to challenge you on it, could lead one towards that conclusion?