The Falkirk FC Thread

29 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sounds a lotta shite but was told Dunne away to Sunderland but we are getting Nelson back, Lewis back to Watford([possibly to train till Jan window) and Rangers were trying to get Rudden back early (god knows why as I doubt he will ever play a real competitive game for them)

***trying to get back to fitba !!

Dennon Lewis is on the books at Watford? 

Edited by jagfox99

30 minutes ago, MrDust said:

Sounds a lotta shite but was told Dunne away to Sunderland but we are getting Nelson back, Lewis back to Watford([possibly to train till Jan window) and Rangers were trying to get Rudden back early (god knows why as I doubt he will ever play a real competitive game for them)

***trying to get back to fitba !!

Someone else posted the same rumours on the facebook page. The fact that the laws don't allow Rangers to bring back Rudden early without our agreement, and even then they couldn't play him, suggests to me that it's a load of shite.

Particularly as Watford would hardly be likely to take a player back that they've already deemed not good enough and released.

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You are basing that on the way Hartley fucked up. McKinnon is not Hartley. Anyway I still dont buy the need for 9 players.

McKinnon came in, put Petra up top and he looked a different player. Put Harrison in a back 3 with no Dallison, looks a different player. Likewise Paddy Brough.

IF we get say 4 ir 5 that Ray has identified as the correct level then I think we will do ok. Too many people are focused purely on individuals here but there is team dynamics to think about IE defence can play better if there is a decent keeper behind them, likewise if there is a quality midfiled battler in front of them. Strikers can be miles better with a midfileder who can link up with them etc.

Ray obviously knows best what he needs but you cant ignore that he has got points already out of what he has. I have a hard time seeing any possible scenario where we dont emerge from January with significantly a greater chance to get points in each game.

Four just isn't enough for me. Ray's obviously done a fantastic job in managing to get anything at all out of this squad, but last Saturday showed there's only so long he can paper over the cracks without making serious changes in personnel.

At least 6 or 7 of the players that started last Saturday can't be starting at the end of January if we're gong to avoid 10th IMO.

Someone else posted the same rumours on the facebook page. The fact that the laws don't allow Rangers to bring back Rudden early without our agreement, and even then they couldn't play him, suggests to me that it's a load of shite.
Particularly as Watford would hardly be likely to take a player back that they've already deemed not good enough and released.
The club are really missing a trick here. We have Marvin Bartley signed on a PCA and instead of trumpeting that we fans are scraping about for low order rumours. His signing video better be a topper.

Surely with some new players in January  we can beat the likes of Arbroath for fecks sake.

History shows the team finishing 2nd bottom doesn’t win all the time. Who would have thought Alloa or Brechin would have come up via that route.

History shows the team finishing 2nd bottom doesn’t win all the time. Who would have thought Alloa or Brechin would have come up via that route.
What are safe assumptions to make though? That we are not going to be in absolute freefall like Raith were? That arent part time perpetual escape artists like Dumbarton were?

I think if you assume that we improve from where we are now in January then we beat anyone from league 1. Its a fair assumption based on whats happened so far and whats hopefully going to happen soon that if we do end up in the playoffs it will be as an improving team who have just failed to battle up from the doldrums (The Killie who skelped us) as opposed to sliding meekly into it (The Partick who did so last season)

No one wants to face the former in a playoff. We know why.

I don't get all this pessimism tbh. We're only 3 points off 8th and that's with the current  dreadful squad. Absolutely no reason why we can't climb the table if we can get the right quality in January. We also have an outstanding manager now in post so 8th or even higher wouldn't be a shock.

Outstanding manager? Sure he has been promising but how anyone can tag as outstanding is way beyond it

But even if we do finish 9th and play Raith, it won't be with the current squad. Ray's looking to bring in 9 new players in January who should be good enough to beat Raith at least.

Why? We have no idea who he is bringing in. He maybe playing with sweeties in terms of budgets. We are favourites to go down and rightly so. When I see who he is signing I may change my judgement, until then I see no reason to be optimistic

My biggest concern is the competition in January. You’re talking about Thistle, both Dundee clubs, Morton, St. Mirren and possibly Dunfermline (the way things are going) that will have changed manager since the last window and all with managers who’ll be looking to strengthen. 

I don’t want to sound pessimistic but we’re hardly a great proposition at the moment and I really question our ability to bring in the required standard when competing with the clubs mentioned above, most of who will be offering more money than us.

My biggest concern is the competition in January. You’re talking about Thistle, both Dundee clubs, Morton, St. Mirren and possibly Dunfermline (the way things are going) that will have changed manager since the last window and all with managers who’ll be looking to strengthen. 
I don’t want to sound pessimistic but we’re hardly a great proposition at the moment and I really question our ability to bring in the required standard when competing with the clubs mentioned above, most of who will be offering more money than us.

None of the Premiership clubs will be fishing in our Market IMO. We will by and large bring in Championship Jobbers with maybe the odd bit of
Quality from the South

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:
2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

No disrespect BN, but quite remarkable comments after we just got absolutely hounded 4-2 by the team at the bottom of that division....

Or after we won away to Dunfermline?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

You are basing that on the way Hartley fucked up. McKinnon is not Hartley. Anyway I still dont buy the need for 9 players.

McKinnon came in, put Petra up top and he looked a different player. Put Harrison in a back 3 with no Dallison, looks a different player. Likewise Paddy Brough.

IF we get say 4 ir 5 that Ray has identified as the correct level then I think we will do ok. Too many people are focused purely on individuals here but there is team dynamics to think about IE defence can play better if there is a decent keeper behind them, likewise if there is a quality midfiled battler in front of them. Strikers can be miles better with a midfileder who can link up with them etc.

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

I think if you assume that we improve from where we are now in January then we beat anyone from league 1. Its a fair assumption based on whats happened so far and whats hopefully going to happen soon that if we do end up in the playoffs it will be as an improving team who have just failed to battle up from the doldrums (The Killie who skelped us) as opposed to sliding meekly into it (The Partick who did so last season)

No one wants to face the former in a playoff. We know why.

Jesus Christ here we go again with the defence of the squad of shite.

Let's see your team that would "do ok" with 4 new additions.
How can I do that when I dont know the system or anything? Not really sure what the issue is with anything I said so maybe if you elaborated rather than just your usual snide comment?

Ray has, with Hartleys piss poor squad, taken us from absolutely zero hope, to hanging in there and putting some points on the board. Since 4 quality first pick types is a huge chunk of a starting 11, it stands to reason there would be potential for significant inprovement with 4 quality signings. The topic after all was about whether we would be able to get 9, the answer I gave is that I dont think we neccesarily need 9 and trying to think of, worst case, what might be enough to scrape by.

37 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

None of the Premiership clubs will be fishing in our Market IMO. We will by and large bring in Championship Jobbers with maybe the odd bit of
Quality from the South

I can't see Dobbie moving, tbh!