The Falkirk FC Thread

11 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I believe they were confident of identifying the culprit(s), though if someone's been charged they won't be able to comment further.

They can confirm someone has been charged without any prejudicial effect on the case, and I'd be expecting them to do exactly that given that they were quick enough to slaughter and tar the whole support.

1 minute ago, AGPar said:

They can confirm someone has been charged without any prejudicial effect on the case, and I'd be expecting them to do exactly that given that they were quick enough to slaughter and tar the whole support.

Exactly. As soon as they highlight any offenders the better.  

12 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Dawson Park Boy is Dixie Chicken?

I very much doubt it.

Either way, the club had fucking better follow this up.

Aye to come out all guns blazing at the whole support with their unprofessional statement and then not really give any updates 2 weeks later is pretty embarrassing however standard from our lot.

As much as this has been beaten to death, surely it was just a case of looking into the 50 or so fans details who were in the Main stand that day and taking the investigation from there.

10 minutes ago, AGPar said:

I actually went back and read the club statement after I saw your post.

They said, and I quote,  "the vast majority of Falkirk supporters have been exemplary in their behaviour".   

And yet from that you believe they "slaughter and tar the whole support"? :unsure2:

From the comments posted online I realise that I'm in the minority, but I simply don't get the level of outrage about the statement. To me it clearly reads as being aimed at the behaviour of a minority.

They said, and I quote,  "the vast majority of Falkirk supporters have been exemplary in their behaviour".   
And yet from that you believe they "slaughter and tar the whole support"? :unsure2:
From the comments posted online I realise that I'm in the minority, but I simply don't get the level of outrage about the statement. To me it clearly reads as being aimed at the behaviour of a minority.
My issue is the club opportunely mentioning other stuff. Anything deemed racial abuse should be treated as a crime and should stand alone in terms of condemnation from the club.

Lumping other shit in made it cynical for me and I find that repulsive.

10 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

By releasing such a statement on the strength of an unfounded allegation, they have left the whole support, or at least the 1500 or so Falkirk fans who went to Ochilview , open to the charge of racism. The statement should simply have said that an allegation has been received and is being investigated. Your assertion that the charging of someone would preclude the club from commenting further is utter nonsense, as anyone with even the most rudimentary grasp of law will know, otherwise no crime would be able to be reported in any form until the perpetrator has been found guilty  So again, if charges are brought, I'll be expecting a statement from the club to confirm this, which will also have the effect of exonerating the 99.99 per cent of the support who have nothing whatsoever to do with this but currently stand guilty by association. I trust at least someone in a position of authority at the club realises the importance of this. If there is only silence, supporters will be drawing their own conclusions.

14 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

My issue is the club opportunely mentioning other stuff. Anything deemed racial abuse should be treated as a crime and should stand alone in terms of condemnation from the club.

Lumping other shit in made it cynical for me and I find that repulsive.

It should also have stated it was alleged so that the police can carry out their investigation properly and the accused can get fair representation.  If someone is charged and I was their lawyer I'd be questioning whether its possible for them to get a fair trial now that the club has already come out and said to folk that they've done it.

It just wasn’t required all the rest of the stuff.

Either say nothing or simple say there has been allegations of racism at said game, anyone with information please get in touch in confidence.

It just wasn’t required all the rest of the stuff.

Either say nothing or simple say there has been allegations of racism at said game, anyone with information please get in touch in confidence.
It was indicative that this board think they are immune from criticism, and feel so strongly that way that they are willing to piggy back onto racial abuse of one of their own employees in an attempt to drive that narrative home with full effect. They effectively likened criticism of their operation to racial abuse. They shouldnt be let off lightly for that.

By releasing such a statement on the strength of an unfounded allegation, they have left the whole support, or at least the 1500 or so Falkirk fans who went to Ochilview , open to the charge of racism. The statement should simply have said that an allegation has been received and is being investigated. Your assertion that the charging of someone would preclude the club from commenting further is utter nonsense, as anyone with even the most rudimentary grasp of law will know, otherwise no crime would be able to be reported in any form until the perpetrator has been found guilty  So again, if charges are brought, I'll be expecting a statement from the club to confirm this, which will also have the effect of exonerating the 99.99 per cent of the support who have nothing whatsoever to do with this but currently stand guilty by association. I trust at least someone in a position of authority at the club realises the importance of this. If there is only silence, supporters will be drawing their own conclusions.

The other stuff outside the Racism bit was a deflection for possibly the worst performance in many many years. No one talked about the result, just as they would want.

2 hours ago, AGPar said:

It's not an unfounded allegation if it's been witnesses and reported by someone 

12 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

It's not an unfounded allegation if it's been witnesses and reported by someone 

Surely it depends on the results of the investigation.  You could have witnesses and a report who were making it all up. I'm not for once saying though that this was indeed the case .

2 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

....and yet Police are ‘investigating’ two weeks later and the club appeals for witnesses...

Do you think most investigations are done and dusted and the offender jailed within a few days? They're not- 2 weeks is a perfectly normal time to investigate. The club are appealing for witnesses in the same way the police would for an assault or car crash- the idea that asking for witnesses means it can't have happened is completely absurd.

2 minutes ago, EdiBairn said:

Do you think most investigations are done and dusted and the offender jailed within a few days? They're not- 2 weeks is a perfectly normal time to investigate. The club are appealing for witnesses in the same way the police would for an assault or car crash- the idea that asking for witnesses means it can't have happened is completely absurd.

I thought they may have charged someone by now I must admit having supposedly got the names off the club last week.

Watched Killie v Livi last night.  Scott Boyd was excellent starting for Killie so I cant see him coming unfortunately. Wee  Sibbs came on off the bench  playing in centre mid and made very little impact.