The Falkirk FC Thread

When was the last time we weren’t in the Scottish Cup 4th round? If I’m correct, this is the round we usually enter but because of our poor league position last season we ended up coming in a round earlier this season.

We've only ever entered at R3 (since it was rejigged in 2007) once before this year.

We beat Fraserburgh to go thtoughvto R4 so this is the first time we've missed out.

I hope everyone who laughs at people who suggest scouting Juniors/non-league has been watching this on BBC today.

Camelon have a 20 year old defender trialling with Livi just now. What's the betting that no one at Falkirk has been down to watch the guy play all season?

14 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

That’s the road that takes you to players like Simon Mensing. Difficult to see us coming up with a known name on the margins of a top flight squad (Haber was that very thing) who would be enthused by or committed to our predicament.

Ryan Hardie would be a great fit. Available last season, but the Launderers got there first. Don’t think he or Rangers would give us a look in now.

Id hoped ray may have been able to persuade someone like andre to come on loan giving his previous with united but i see hes ended up at accies. Kind of player that would make a real difference but i doubt lang and co would come up with the cash required anyway

At least Ayr have managed to outshine our riddy defeat against stenny today. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

17 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

I hope everyone who laughs at people who suggest scouting Juniors/non-league has been watching this on BBC today.

Camelon have a 20 year old defender trialling with Livi just now. What's the betting that no one at Falkirk has been down to watch the guy play all season?

You do realise that's the worst 90 minutes of "football" I've watched this season? And I've been to most of our games. 

Lockie by any chance? Exactly the type of player we should be looking at to fill out the reserve side.

We may well have ditched Hartley & Mitch, but the philosophy of sticking with players who are either free agents or have a “pro” history is still in place.

We won’t be signing any “one for the future” players, and we won’t be “taking a punt” or “giving an opportunity” to anyone not already in the top four league set up.

Horrible long term decisions are now forcing us into a shedload of short term ones. Everything from here on in is about immediate impact. Even when we pick up undoubted quality like McKenna, it’ll be short term whether we want it to be that way or not.

32 minutes ago, Marshmallo said:

That's the one. He's been playing in Livi's reserves so they can get a look at him.

….and it was against the Shire.

3 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

Kevin McAllister was signed from Camelon Juniors. There are gems out there and to disregard Junior football as a source of talent is just stupid. 

Our Warriors nightmare feels like a lifetime ago, and featured players we knew were going to be stuffed into the blue bin in January. Not so for today’s Championship three.

For Dunfermline Ayr and Morton, it will all feel very different. The removal of AJ has not given a dead cat bounce. The shadowy ones installing JJ at Greenock has been “meh”, and Ayr minus Shankland has seen their confidence completely evaporate.

Thing is, our own High Noon is only 7 short days away. It really does have the potential to make or break us. It’s way more important than a bit of Scottish Cup schadenfreude tonight.

Still, you’ve got to laugh.

2 hours ago, drs said:

….and it was against the Shire.

But drs you told me no juniors are good enough. 

I watched Auchinleck beat Ayr United today, Premier league team's watching players two miles from FFC. 

We could just sign 4 or 5 numpties from lower league English clubs or maybe not.