The Falkirk FC Thread

It's not, no - I was merely contending her point that saying that most of the Pressley defenders are women is sexist, when really it's correct!

I don't think you are sexist, but if the people defending Pressley happened to be black would you have stated so?

I don't think you are sexist, but if the people defending Pressley happened to be black would you have stated so?

No, of course not. As you say it doesn't matter what demograph his defenders come from. It was meant as a throwaway comment anyway!

If all of those defending Pressley happened to be black then it would be worthy of comment, and not racist.

I know exactly what you mean Ned! He done it umpteen times against Ross County last week. He takes too long to release the ball to the wide men every time, it's especially irritating when they're in acres of space, he checks behind himself 3 times, before then punting it high to them when they're surrounded by opposition players. <_<

Come on now, he's a fantastic shot stopper and has probably earned us more points than he's cost us this season.

Tell me what he's meant to do when there's no movement from outfield players to move into space when he has the ball?? Or how our miniscule forwards are meant to win ANY high balls that come from Boaby or the midfield??

Granted his kicking was wayward at times, but I really think we will struggle to replace him, especially with Andrews going too!

Tell me what he's meant to do when there's no movement from outfield players to move into space when he has the ball?? Or how our miniscule forwards are meant to win ANY high balls that come from Boaby or the midfield??

That's my point. When the wide men, against County it was Higginbotham & Stewart, are in loads of space, with plenty to run in to as well he rarely releases the ball in time. There was 2/3 ocassions in the 2nd half of that game that he done it and Stewart was getting incredibly frustrated with him. Stewart was in so much space, he would have had a straight run at the County left back, but Olejnik put his hand up to tell Stewart to stop, he looked over his shoulder 3 times when there was no one there, then played it long to Stewart anyway, who lost out in the air. He does it every single game!

A great shot stopper he may be, but his decision making and kicking is terrible.

The thing about Olejnik is that he is a very good shot-stopper with poor decision making - however are we going to get anyone better? If a goalkeeper is a good shot-stopper, commands his box well and makes good decisions then chances are he'll be at a higher level than our division.

He is the only one of the released players that I'd have kept to be honest, but I'm guessing he was on a reasonably high wage so in a way I guess I can see the logic in releasing him.

He is the only one of the released players that I'd have kept to be honest,

Me too. I don't think he is very good, but as we know from experience, we could and have done a lot worse.

Keeper is a much underrated position I think. Too often it's assumed that you can pick up someone competent pretty easily.

No it wasn't. Not at all. This is an absolute myth. In fact, it was almost achieved at Kilmarnock, despite the fact we scored no goals from open play in the final 450 minutes of football, due to Pressley's negative tactics. All because Killie were also on a horrific run and barely won a game in the last 10.

A better manager than Pressley may very well have saved us after May left. When he took over we were 2 points behind 11th place and 3 points behind 10th place, with the same number of games played as the 2 teams above us.

We finished the league 2 points behind 11th place and 3 points behind 10th place. Pressley did no better than Eddie May had. We made no progress under him at all.

You make a decent point re Pressleys negative tactics and stats do not lie however I seem to recall sitting in horror ( as probably you were ) watching Ryan Flynn miss from 6 yards at Kilmarnock. Would keeping us up have given you a different opinion of Pressley?

My defence of the man is on the assumption he drops this 1 attacker crap and puts out a team that look like they want to play for the club.

You make a decent point re Pressleys negative tactics and stats do not lie however I seem to recall sitting in horror ( as probably you were ) watching Ryan Flynn miss from 6 yards at Kilmarnock. Would keeping us up have given you a different opinion of Pressley?

My defence of the man is on the assumption he drops this 1 attacker crap and puts out a team that look like they want to play for the club.

The one attacker crap is also a complete myth, however.

I can't honestly recall a game where we haven't started with at least two of Flynn, Compton, Stewart, McManus, Moutinho or Higgenbotham.

They may not get played as out-and-out centre forwards (arguably McManus is the only one of those who actually IS an out-and-out centre forward) but they're definitely attacking players.

Would keeping us up have given you a different opinion of Pressley?

Not really. I'd still have thought he was a cock and a dreadful manager. However, I would have accepted that he would have to have been kept for the next season.

Going by what he was saying last night Mark Stewart wont be here next season i`m pretty sure of that, if he does stay then its because of me :ph34r:

Have you decided to stop drinking so that we can use the money you save to give him a pay-rise? :D

Have you decided to stop drinking so that we can use the money you save to give him a pay-rise? :D

:rolleyes:

He is a top guy, "He`s a reject nobody wants him" talking about Chris Mitchell who was blotto.

Kept saying "See what happens over the summer" about his future.

Eddie May had to play the Old Firm more times than Pressley as well last season, making it easier for Pressley to try and keep us up yet failed to do so.

The thing about Olejnik is that he is a very good shot-stopper with poor decision making - however are we going to get anyone better? If a goalkeeper is a good shot-stopper, commands his box well and makes good decisions then chances are he'll be at a higher level than our division.

He is the only one of the released players that I'd have kept to be honest, but I'm guessing he was on a reasonably high wage so in a way I guess I can see the logic in releasing him.

His kicking leaves a lot to be desired more than his goalkeeping for me, gone are the days when it was deemed ok for a goalie not to be able to kick the ball in the park

Ive heard we are trying to keep him ala same scenario as McManus and obviously likewise on reduced terms, I dont think he will be short on offers to be honest but at probably a wage we can compete with and he may not be first choice with the clubs that maybe interested in him

For me he is probably the best keeper that was ours for more than six months (Mallo) since Glennon, we seriously have had some howlers in the goal in the last 10yr which a lot of folk forget

His kicking leaves a lot to be desired more than his goalkeeping for me, gone are the days when it was deemed ok for a goalie not to be able to kick the ball in the park

Ive heard we are trying to keep him ala same scenario as McManus and obviously likewise on reduced terms, I dont think he will be short on offers to be honest but at probably a wage we can compete with and he may not be first choice with the clubs that maybe interested in him

For me he is probably the best keeper that was ours for more than six months (Mallo) since Glennon, we seriously have had some howlers in the goal in the last 10yr which a lot of folk forget

Correct, remember Flinders :(