The Falkirk FC Thread

Flynn played a few times at right back for Ross County. He played pretty well there when used by us 4 or 5 times last season.

Why not give him a run out in the midfield next week against Raith. Can't do any worse than he is at the moment.

Oh fur fucksake behave......... My dog is better with a ball at it's feet.

She's a bitch.

You b*****d........ She's a lovely wee dug.

She's totally blind and can still find her way about down the park, I couldn't say the same for Johnny Flynn and as far as I'm aware he has 20/20 vision...

I'm sure Holt sees what we see and chases him to fcuk when Lord Lucan (McCracken) makes an entrance. Saying that he might not be any better. :bairn

Give up on football if you genuinely believe he isn't good enough for the top flight in Scotland just now. They'd be buying him for his potential anyway, and he looks to have all the tools for me.

All the tools apart from pace, stamina, strength, mental strength and aggression?

Jay Fulton will never play in the EPL. That doesn't mean I don't think he has ability. But EPL? Sorry not for me.

All the tools apart from pace, stamina, strength, mental strength and aggression?

Jay Fulton will never play in the EPL. That doesn't mean I don't think he has ability. But EPL? Sorry not for me.

Two EPL clubs were looking at him this summer and he's trained with Man Utd in the past. He's a youth international and must have close to 100 games under his belt now despite still being a teenager. Strength, aggresion, stamina and pace can all be developed by better coaches/sports scientists etc.

I'm not sure he will play in the EPL either, but the post you've quoted was a reply to someone saying he wasn't even good enough for the top flight in Scotland, which is complete nonsense. I don't think the suggestion that he could go on to play in the EPL is too crazy though, for me he is ahead of where Scott Arfield was at the same age and he is playing for a decent sized club in Burnley now after 100 games for Huddersfield, some of which were in the Championship.

Fulton is one of the players it seems fashionable to dislike at the moment, which is annoying me somewhat (not aiming that at you btw BPM, what you said was fair enough and is your opinion). Different players go through different phases of it, and I'm sure everyone will appreciate him more again soon enough.

Jay is a little behind what McCarthy was at that age, but with another year under his belt with a coach like Holt, i think you will see a difference in him.

The lad has real potential.

When you look at the past when everyone raved about how good Gary Smith was for us, when indeed he was a heap of shite in many peoples eyes.

Its all about opinions.

The fact that Jay Fulton never went in the window is a bonus for both Falkirk and for the lad himself.

Jay Fulton and Blair Alston together are more comfortable than any other pairing I have seen for Falkirk in the past two seasons and I believe they will both be big assets for the club this season.

Got to agree as well with Crawford Baptie a year under Holt could be exactly the boost he needs.

Holt seems to be finding his feet and slowly putting his own stamp on the club and proving that he is his own man, straight talking, hard working and not easily fooled, some players will have a rude awakening this season and others will kick on big style.

The fact that Jay Fulton never went in the window is a bonus for both Falkirk and for the lad himself.

Jay Fulton and Blair Alston together are more comfortable than any other pairing I have seen for Falkirk in the past two seasons and I believe they will both be big assets for the club this season.

Got to agree as well with Crawford Baptie a year under Holt could be exactly the boost he needs.

Holt seems to be finding his feet and slowly putting his own stamp on the club and proving that he is his own man, straight talking, hard working and not easily fooled, some players will have a rude awakening this season and others will kick on big style.

He certainly is putting his stamp on the side. We are very much back to front now, getting it forward quicker as we have pace to burn with Roberts and I would assume the new lad from Wigan. Fulton is certainly getting near where he was two years ago. Will Holt improve him? No idea what so ever. Far too early to tell what he will be like as a coach, improving individual players.

Two EPL clubs were looking at him this summer and he's trained with Man Utd in the past. He's a youth international and must have close to 100 games under his belt now despite still being a teenager. Strength, aggresion, stamina and pace can all be developed by better coaches/sports scientists etc.

I'm not sure he will play in the EPL either, but the post you've quoted was a reply to someone saying he wasn't even good enough for the top flight in Scotland, which is complete nonsense. I don't think the suggestion that he could go on to play in the EPL is too crazy though, for me he is ahead of where Scott Arfield was at the same age and he is playing for a decent sized club in Burnley now after 100 games for Huddersfield, some of which were in the Championship.

Fulton is one of the players it seems fashionable to dislike at the moment, which is annoying me somewhat (not aiming that at you btw BPM, what you said was fair enough and is your opinion). Different players go through different phases of it, and I'm sure everyone will appreciate him more again soon enough.

What I said was, on current form, he is not good enough for the SPL, and probably not good enough for us. However, I didn't state he wouldn't get back to how he has played in the past. He's clearly got talent, he just hasn't applied it at all really this season bar 1 or 2 games.

Jay is a little behind what McCarthy was at that age, but with another year under his belt with a coach like Holt, i think you will see a difference in him.The lad has real potential.When you look at the past when everyone raved about how good Gary Smith was for us, when indeed he was a heap of shite in many peoples eyes.Its all about opinions.
i
Jay is a little behind what McCarthy was at that age, but with another year under his belt with a coach like Holt, i think you will see a difference in him.The lad has real potential.When you look at the past when everyone raved about how good Gary Smith was for us, when indeed he was a heap of shite in many peoples eyes.Its all about opinions.
It's so hard to say where Any player will end up or what they will achieve . There used to be plenty of Accies fans who'd moan about McCarthy playing as a youngster and many thought it was all hype. You'll get the same with Fulton or any young player really but it's not all just about ability, Attitude and how they handle disappointment or even how they handle early success all comes into it . James McArthur is a perfect example of how hard work and atitude goes a long way I'm determining how it all pans out, he was always in McCarthys shaddow and not nearly as classy a player but he made the English premiership ahead of supposedly better younsters at SPL clubs. I hope Falkirk and Accies can continue to show Scottish football the way and that both clubs get their rewards for the excellent work they do. If any two clubs deserve success from this division it's us.

What I said was, on current form, he is not good enough for the SPL, and probably not good enough for us. However, I didn't state he wouldn't get back to how he has played in the past. He's clearly got talent, he just hasn't applied it at all really this season bar 1 or 2 games. 

That's absolutely ridiculous.

"not good enough for us" :lol: