The Falkirk FC Thread

Give up on football if you genuinely believe he isn't good enough for the top flight in Scotland just now. They'd be buying him for his potential anyway, and he looks to have all the tools for me.

On his game, he is easily good enough. He just isn't on his game enough of the time. Barring last night and Saturday, he has been pish this season, certainly not good enough to justify a 6 figure fee.

Give up on football if you genuinely believe he isn't good enough for the top flight in Scotland just now. They'd be buying him for his potential anyway, and he looks to have all the tools for me.

No pace, no strength for England

Has amazing skill in tight areas, up until Dunf game hadnt shown that side and for me has been invisible in majority of games.

He maybe good enough for SPL in spurts, but defo nowhere near good enough for England.

We will probably get as much from a development fee as to what he is worth to us for me, probably more....

On his game, he is easily good enough. He just isn't on his game enough of the time. Barring last night and Saturday, he has been pish this season, certainly not good enough to justify a 6 figure fee.

You honestly think he isnt worth a 6 figure fee? Deary me

That boy has massive potential and that's why he will go for a big fee. Depending on contract situation right enough

Flynn comes on.Concede twice in the space of minutes.

To be fair I think that is less to do with Flynn himself, and more to do with switching about centre backs. Vaulks was already having a pretty poor game and to then start fucking about with the back line was bad tactics by Holt. If Turnbull was injured, fair enough, otherwise...

To be fair I think that is less to do with Flynn himself, and more to do with switching about centre backs. Vaulks was already having a pretty poor game and to then start fucking about with the back line was bad tactics by Holt. If Turnbull was injured, fair enough, otherwise...

You have to admit though, flynn is fucking dire. He tried about 5 times to play a switch ball and not one of them worked.

You have to admit though, flynn is fucking dire. He tried about 5 times to play a switch ball and not one of them worked.

I don't think he's great, and would rather see him as backup than first choice, but don't think he was to blame today.

Flynn shouldn't be played at all, how exactly is he going to fit in to our midfield?

1. He is horseshit in defence

2. He will be one of the higher earners (and like it or not, one of the more experienced players)

3. He'd be a lot better than Sibbald and/or McGrandles would be IMHO.

4. Try him out against Raith next week and see how he goes.

It looks like we aren't getting a midfielder in so will have to use the team we have at present.

Either Holt has to go back to 1 up top and more in midfield or we need a bit of dig in the middle of the midfield. Ollie can't do it all himself with slackers around him.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed yesterday but he struggled to pass the ball. This skill in football is definitely required to play as a midfielder. Jonny Flynn as a midfielder? WTF.

Has anyone heard any rumours about another signing? We definitely require another midfielder who isn't of the child racing snake build.

I'm not sure if anyone noticed yesterday but he struggled to pass the ball. This skill in football is definitely required to play as a midfielder. Jonny Flynn as a midfielder? WTF.

Has anyone heard any rumours about another signing? We definitely require another midfielder who isn't of the child racing snake build.

As i said before, its only s suggestion. If we had the players, he wouldn't be near my team. Thing is, Holt has him in the squad before the likes of Comrie and Faulds.

You have powderpuff guys like Leahy on the bench, i know i'd prefer Flynn on before him.

1. He is horseshit in defence

2. He will be one of the higher earners (and like it or not, one of the more experienced players)

3. He'd be a lot better than Sibbald and/or McGrandles would be IMHO.

4. Try him out against Raith next week and see how he goes.

It looks like we aren't getting a midfielder in so will have to use the team we have at present.

Either Holt has to go back to 1 up top and more in midfield or we need a bit of dig in the middle of the midfield. Ollie can't do it all himself with slackers around him.

Even if we did slot him to get "a bit of dig in the midfield", I'm assuming you wouldn't stick him on the wing? That would either mean dropping Durojaiye or changing formation. With a start to the season of 6-1-1 I'm not keen on doing that to accomplish a failed defender who can't pass a ball.

As i said before, its only s suggestion. If we had the players, he wouldn't be near my team. Thing is, Holt has him in the squad before the likes of Comrie and Faulds.

You have powderpuff guys like Leahy on the bench, i know i'd prefer Flynn on before him.

He's on the bench as defensive cover, so not sure what him being there ahead of Faulds/Comrie has to do with midfield options.

Playing him in the right side of midfield might not be a bad shout. We are ridiculously narrow in midfield as things stand, and it would let him and Duffie interchange. I don't think any of our other midfielders are actually capable of playing in wide positions.