The Falkirk FC Thread

Its all about motivation. If mckinnon gets him playing and hes keen to do well he'll be a great signing.  Haber was undoubtedly a better player than he showed with us. He just couldnt be arsed and was never interested in playing bottom of the league championship football.

2 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

Its all about motivation. If mckinnon gets him playing and hes keen to do well he'll be a great signing.  Haber was undoubtedly a better player than he showed with us. He just couldnt be arsed and was never interested in playing bottom of the league championship football.

I think I'd agree with that. Haber looked good in the game against ict on opening day but I reckon it dawned pretty quick how shit we were followed by his complete lack of desire to bother his arse. Hoping McKinnon has done his homework on Sammon's thoughts about playing in league one.

42 minutes ago, senorsoupe said:

Sammon is a good signing for this level but I can't help feel a bit of sadness that he didn't sign for Alloa. There is still time for you guys to bring in Alan Trouten to create the brilliant strike partnership of Trouten/Sammon

My edit would be better

Conor Sammon would be an exceptional signing at this level and a real statement of intent from Ray. Really should be no reason for us not to be looking to win every game next season. 
Sammon will probably be the last of the major signings and Ray will then look to bring in back up players.

Not a good thing being strong favourites I hope your team can't handle the pressure of playing teams who you think have no chance hard league to get out of bring it on.

7 minutes ago, Diamond legend said:

Not a good thing being strong favourites I hope your team can't handle the pressure of playing teams who you think have no chance hard league to get out of bring it on.

What the f**k is this slavering mess?  Is this the level to which we have fallen?

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's not hard to get things right at the moment. 

In the good old days when Craig Campbell was here (cue Marshmallo furiously red-dotting this post), signing info was withheld from certain people until the last very minute. Now that he's gone we have more leaks than the Titanic.

I wish someone would leak something about any sort of takeover, however i dont think it will happen.

Another good signing, Ray can't complain about getting backing, think the bookies have it right making us favourites. Be good if behind the scenes could get sorted quickly just so we can get a massive home support backing us this season.

It would be brilliant and should have been sorted back in April/May as agreed at December’s EGM. Sadly it won’t be now until next season at the earliest IMO

5 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

I am pleasantly surprised with the quality of the players we have signed so far, given we are in a bucket and spade league.  Of course we cannot expect to walk the league but the players we have will at least give us a chance of getting back up.   But after the last few seasons  who knows what's going to happen?

I hope

Signing the players is the easy bit. Getting them moulded into a team is where the coaching comes in.

McKinnon will have a formation in mind but it depends if players gel together as hoped.

Sometimes the best players available don't make the best team. Over the decades I have seen signings that should work but it doesn't. Then  someone gets the chance and suddenly it clicks, not only for the player but the whole team. 

Crawford Baptie was a good example. Came in and suddenly players around him got better. Tighter defence , more dominant midfield and more goals scored.

Hope for a passing / pressing push and run style of play played in a sporting and fair way.