The Falkirk FC Thread

BPM, you obviously know more about the background stuff than I do, but it's nice to get a more balanced viewpoint. On here and social media you get post after post giving it "they're all greedy b******* in it for what they can get for themselves " or claiming the board haven't done anything right and couldn't run a p*** up in a brewery. You're saying about good things we've done as a club but you see people saying I'm not going back till they are all gone and yes they've done terrible in some areas. Like I've said before, I'll go to the EGM and hopefully find out more background. 

I have never been in a place where they all want money.

There in is the issue IMO. They all want different things so can’t agree and you get the shambles as a result. IMO they seem to have some sort of pact that if one is not happy the rest allow that person to dictate. You never get anything done.

I too will be there too and hope that the debate is respectful from both sides and the shareholders and fans get a clear and honest idea where their club is heading. The Bod and MSG are duty bound to ensure that is what happens.

Anything less will ensure this club’s divisions won’t start to heal.

20 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

BPM, you obviously know more about the background stuff than I do, but it's nice to get a more balanced viewpoint. On here and social media you get post after post giving it "they're all greedy b******* in it for what they can get for themselves " or claiming the board haven't done anything right and couldn't run a p*** up in a brewery. You're saying about good things we've done as a club but you see people saying I'm not going back till they are all gone and yes they've done terrible in some areas. Like I've said before, I'll go to the EGM and hopefully find out more background. 

I spoke to someone at the Walk To Westfield thing on Saturday who described P&B as extremely harsh. I've had similar conversations with multiple folk over the years. A lot of people read the various social media platforms, but as their viewpoint appears to be a minority one they don't always express it. Sometimes fan opinions aren't always as cut and dried as they appear online.

You're one of the more balanced posters on here even though you sometimes attract abuse for it.  Some folk don't like to hear views which differ from their own.

Though having said all that, I think it's safe to say that most fans do now oppose the BOD and MSG.

4 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Anything less will ensure this club’s divisions won’t start to heal.

IMO The EGM won't heal any divisions regardless of what is said. The point of no return was passed some time ago. The last bridges were burned with the departure statement of Craig Campbell.

9 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I spoke to someone at the Walk To Westfield thing on Saturday who described P&B as extremely harsh. I've had similar conversations with multiple folk over the years. A lot of people read the various social media platforms, but as their viewpoint appears to be a minority one they don't always express it. Sometimes fan opinions aren't always as cut and dried as they appear online.

You're one of the more balanced posters on here even though you sometimes attract abuse for it.  Some folk don't like to hear views which differ from their own.

Though having said all that, I think it's safe to say that most fans do now oppose the BOD and MSG.

i would centently agree with this 'online views' are without a doubt those who shout the loudest.

When i speak to my Dad/Uncle, who aren't on twitter and don't read stuff on here, their view are definitely softened, they still want a change in ownership but see it as secondary to going to watch their team and  having a few drinks pre/post match.

I myself certainly wasn't shouting for a change until the last 12 months or so, the backtracking from what was agreed at the AGM was what done it for me and now Lex is running the show things seem to have got worse.

44 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

It's possible Houston did inquire and was quoted the figure. It's also possible that it came to him via the internal football grapevine.

With such a regular movement of players between clubs at the same level, and having maybe 20 such folk in the dressing room at the same time, footballers tend to know a great deal about what goes on at other clubs. I think Kerr & Baird had just joined us at that point.

Yes, and it's possible he plucked a figure from the air to divert attention from a smaller club doing better than his.

As already mentioned, his comments regarding Queens around then, were hardly measured and sober.

6 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, and it's possible he plucked a figure from the air to divert attention from a smaller club doing better than his.

As already mentioned, his comments regarding Queens around then, were hardly measured and sober.

There would have been a reporter from the local paper at that fan meeting. If were a journalist, I'd be asking my counterpart in Dumfries to inquire at the next press conference if QOS were really paying two grand a week. The fact that no such denial ever came out suggests to me that there was more than a grain of truth in it. 

Besides which, as ordinary football fans, we don't care if the comments were measured or sober. We just enjoyed the fact that it rattled you lot and your band of journeymen so much. 😁

BB since your on has international clearance for Robbie Leitch been secured and what are the chances your services will be required before 3pm today at the stadium 

16 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

We just enjoyed the fact that it rattled you lot and your band of journeymen so much. 😁

Rattles, BB, rattles. Rattled would give people the false impression that they were over it. ;) 

1 hour ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I think we can safely say that they couldn't run a prayer in a mosque. We're in league one, they've constantly alienated their fan base and can't even appoint a manager without it costing a fortune in fines and compensation.  Whether they are greedy or not is another thing. I'd like to think thats not the case and its just they are totally incompetent at running a football club. 

Edited by Shodwall cat

30 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

He must surely be on a decent packet even though he has obviously got genuine affection for the club.  I'm sure my wife would give me pelters if I was working somewhere on a few hundred quid a week when I could easily be earning a fortune elsewhere .

13 minutes ago, Rugster said:

Rattles, BB, rattles. Rattled would give people the false impression that they were over it. ;) 

You guys keep doing this.

How can you possibly claim some kind of victory when clearly losing out?  Obviously your relationship with Morton is the definitive example, but that Houston stuff was another one.  He behaved like a classless dick, saw his team get hammered by the one he was insulting and lost his job.  

Meanwhile the club in question had a rotten season, eclipsed only by the one which followed.

If rattled involves staying up, I'll take it.

12 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

How can you possibly claim some kind of victory when clearly losing out?  

It never stopped the Virgin. He's made an art form of glorifying defeat, simply because it's all he's ever known and he has no victories to boast about. 

He probably gets up on a Sunday morning and tells his mum about all the gorgeous girls he was with last night, while failing to mention that he was only in the same pub as them and didn't speak to any. 

We're in a similar position right now with not a lot to crow about over the last couple of years. Don't worry, the natural order will be restored soon enough. 😎

44 minutes ago, Gus2 said:

BB since your on has international clearance for Robbie Leitch been secured and what are the chances your services will be required before 3pm today at the stadium 

No idea about the first, but as the job only takes a short time once you get hold of his last club and four days have passed I imagine it's sorted. 

I won't be at the stadium before evening. 

No idea why MT is so rattled about comments made years ago by Houston. We did have relative success under him too - a Scottish Cup Final and two second place finishes to Sevco and Hibs. Obviously Hartley completely fucked us last season and our BoD are a bit of a shambles but I'm actually quite looking forward to this season and the bounce promotion should give us in 2020

26 minutes ago, NavyBlueArmy1876 said:

No idea why MT is so rattled about comments made years ago by Houston. 

"Rattled", "seething" etc.  It's all a bit silly isn't it?

Saying something stupid and being criticised for it amounts to a victory?  Is that really how it works?  I'm actually capable, as I suspect others maybe are too, of objecting, moaning, scoffing etc without wetting knickers, wringing hands or any other daft wee phrases.  

Try to be more original in your use of words.  It makes for a better read.