The Falkirk FC Thread

Your salary figure is a bit high but other than that the story is accurate. Ray told it to some visitors last week and named the player. I was in the room at the time, hence how I know.
I don't think it would be fair to put the guy's name online. The only Scottish footballer whose wages should ever be given out is Stephen Dobbie, just because of the absolutely rage it caused the QOS fans when Houstie did it. [emoji4]

on that note, can anyone direct me to the video of Houston saying that qos are full of journeymen?

8 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

The only Scottish footballer whose wages should ever be given out is Stephen Dobbie, just because of the absolutely rage it caused the QOS fans when Houstie did it. :)

What did he claim we were paying our best journeyman?

10 hours ago, MrDust said:

How the fuk we got bigger crowds and kept them last season is a question that surely can't be answered.

Relegation, shit fitba and shit manager appointment will see drop in figures like it did last relegation.  

We had a couple of really good seasons under Houston, team playing good football in an exceptionally hard league (hearts, hibs, rangers and united) and a cup final which gave crowds a boost. We also had social media campaigns that really got people interested and created a buzz (is it connor park that does the Twitter?) even the unique strips helped. 

If I'm being consistent then I'd give the commercial team credit for their work, in the same way I'd slaughter Hartley for the football side. If 90% of posters on here are being consistent then they would have to give credit to the board for the commercial buzz in the same way they are responsible for Hartley's mess, might stick in some people's throats but you can't have it both ways.

10 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

We had a couple of really good seasons under Houston, team playing good football in an exceptionally hard league (hearts, hibs, rangers and united) 

All four were not in the League together.

The year the first three were, you finished below the journeymen, as has of course happened in the last two seasons as well.

1 minute ago, knee jerk reaction said:

I never said all 4 were in the league at the same time, just pointing out the championship was exceptionally hard for a few years. Well done to qots for finishing above us twice in a row, surely the greatest achievement in their long long history 

I think they might manage 3. Expect open top bus parades and commemorative DVDs 

I never said all 4 were in the league at the same time, just pointing out the championship was exceptionally hard for a few years. Well done to qots for finishing above us twice in a row, surely the greatest achievement in their long long history 

It will be 4 out of 5 after this season even with utter dung in the league.

4 minutes ago, knee jerk reaction said:

Come on now.  You're better than this.

Heresy!

Only a fan or an ego maniac would “ invest”. Ask any competent accountant and you will be told You would be as well digging a hole in the garden for your cash than investing in Scottish football (out with the old firm )

We had a couple of really good seasons under Houston, team playing good football in an exceptionally hard league (hearts, hibs, rangers and united) and a cup final which gave crowds a boost. We also had social media campaigns that really got people interested and created a buzz (is it connor park that does the Twitter?) even the unique strips helped. 
If I'm being consistent then I'd give the commercial team credit for their work, in the same way I'd slaughter Hartley for the football side. If 90% of posters on here are being consistent then they would have to give credit to the board for the commercial buzz in the same way they are responsible for Hartley's mess, might stick in some people's throats but you can't have it both ways.

The commercial effort has been good and KK and the Board should take credit for that. Also the Events side has done well with AT driving that supported by Ronnie Bateman and Tony Smith. There you go I said.

They have however made an absolute Horlicks of governance, the football side, youth development, managerial appointments, investment, stadium development and most importantly they have lost the confidence of most of their customers

2 minutes ago, Stainrod said:

Only a fan or an ego maniac would “ invest”. Ask any competent accountant and you will be told You would be as well digging a hole in the garden for your cash than investing in Scottish football (out with the old firm )

Eh, thanks for telling me - I'd no idea up to now.

I was suggesting it was heretical to describe Falkirk as a medium sized club.  Most posters on this thread seem to regard them as massive.

Eh, thanks for telling me - I'd no idea up to now.
I was suggesting it was heretical to describe Falkirk as a medium sized club.  Most posters on this thread seem to regard them as massive.

Most posters who really care use the term US as apprised to them when posting but I guess thats also heretical

22 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Two thousand pounds a week. It was stated at a fans forum when someone asked, I think, if we'd inquired about signing him. 

Yes, that rings a bell.

Like Houston, I've no idea whether or not that figure is accurate.

Either way though, he's worth it.

29 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The commercial effort has been good and KK and the Board should take credit for that. Also the Events side has done well with AT driving that supported by Ronnie Bateman and Tony Smith. There you go I said.

They have however made an absolute Horlicks of governance, the football side, youth development, managerial appointments, investment, stadium development and most importantly they have lost the confidence of most of their customers

BPM, you obviously know more about the background stuff than I do, but it's nice to get a more balanced viewpoint. On here and social media you get post after post giving it "they're all greedy b******* in it for what they can get for themselves " or claiming the board haven't done anything right and couldn't run a p*** up in a brewery. You're saying about good things we've done as a club but you see people saying I'm not going back till they are all gone and yes they've done terrible in some areas. Like I've said before, I'll go to the EGM and hopefully find out more background. 

25 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:

Yes, that rings a bell.

Like Houston, I've no idea whether or not that figure is accurate.

Either way though, he's worth it.

It's possible Houston did inquire and was quoted the figure. It's also possible that it came to him via the internal football grapevine.

With such a regular movement of players between clubs at the same level, and having maybe 20 such folk in the dressing room at the same time, footballers tend to know a great deal about what goes on at other clubs. I think Kerr & Baird had just joined us at that point.