The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, falkirkzombie said:
5 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:
Fucking arseholes on twitter wanting an apology from Lewis himself. Pretty cringe stuff. 

Totally, in fairness to Lewis he was only goin on what he was told, its the middle man who should be made to apologize which i think is Cieran Dunnes father.

Yep the p***k that made it up should be named and shamed. Not Lewis's fault that he was misinformed. 

6 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Fucking arseholes on twitter wanting an apology from Lewis himself. Pretty cringe stuff. 

Yeah that really doesn't sit right with me at all. The club are to blame for the way they handled it, no one else. Move on.

Seems the MSG have been defacto BOD for 15+ years.

No the MSG only existed from December 2017 you know, despite being mentioned in the club’s articles of association since 2005..............

Oh well, didn't expect the board to swallow their pride an apologise publicly.  That's good.  But the damage has already been done to our reputation.  There will be people all over the world who will remember the Falkirk name as that wee team in Scotland with racist supporters because of the board's original statement.  

Edited by Long Suffering Bairn
mistake

Not cringe at all. He was quick enough to accuse and bleet about it on social media and to the national press when there was f**k all to bleet about.

McKinnon should apologise too...
https://www.google.co.uk/amp/s/www.scotsman.com/sport/football/falkirk/falkirk-s-dennon-lewis-devastated-by-racist-abuse-from-own-fans-1-4835740/amp

I think it's very cynical to assume that Lewis and whoever accused the fan in question 'made it up' and it also sets a pretty dangerous precedent. There's a huge middle ground between actual racial abuse and fabricated allegations after all, think we have to assume it sits somewhere in there.

Having said that, it would be nice to see some acknowledgement from Dennon, given that he'll be fully aware that the club and fans were dragged through the mud for something that is found to not have happened. Especially if he didn't actually hear the abuse himself, as I believe is the case?

Emotions play for him.

Not so for the board. The ones who should know better are the board and the media.

The whole episode winds me right up. In my 35 years supporting I've never heard even a bit of racism from our fans. Never. Yet in less than a day we were tarnished and villified as the second coming of the KKK by our club, player, manager and national media. All those culpable for reacting so appallingly to a second-hand allegation should be apologising.