The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83
1 hour ago, PG.Colossus said:

Was he forced to believe a third party and bleet about it so quickly without further investigation?

Further investigation? If you were in his shoes and a teammates relative said there were racist comments coming from the crowd you would believe it. 

Lewis wasn't the guilty party in this it was the parasite that made it up in the first place. 

25 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Further investigation? If you were in his shoes and a teammates relative said there were racist comments coming from the crowd you would believe it. 

Lewis wasn't the guilty party in this it was the parasite that made it up in the first place. 

He shouldve been far more candid in his statements though. At no point did he make it known that he himself had never heard these so called racists shouts.  He needed to say that he had been informed by someone that there may have been some racist abuse from the crowd and that he hoped the club and police would be investigating the matter.  He had everyone thinking he had heard it first hand and therefore it must be true which made it ten times worse for the poor bloke involved.

If you were in his shoes and a teammates relative said there were racist comments coming from the crowd you would believe it.

Afraid not. I'd ask questions, report it and let the authorities deal with it. I wouldn't take to social media a day or so later and spout unfounded pish. He saw an opportunity to get out of dodge and took it - at the club's expense, in more ways than one.

3 minutes ago, PG.Colossus said:

Afraid not. I'd ask questions, report it and let the authorities deal with it. I wouldn't take to social media a day or so later and spout unfounded pish. He saw an opportunity to get out of dodge and took it - at the club's expense, in more ways than one.

Do we know who actually reported it to the club? Was it lewis himself or the arsehole that made it up in the first place.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Do we know who actually reported it to the club? Was it lewis himself or the arsehole that made it up in the first place.

That's the second time you've posted about an arsehole making things up. I'm guessing you know a little more than we do. 

I have no idea who it was, or what evidence they provided that obviously persuaded the Procurator Fiscal that a crime had taken place, or why it was thrown out of court on Friday. We may never find out unless the wrongly-accused chooses to speak about it. Though I suspect that everyone involved will want to forget the whole thing as quickly as possible.

However, you've strongly hinted that either a specific former player or his relatives were up to mischief. You've basically named the guy by providing his current club. Having done that, I think it's only fair that you clarify what you believe you know.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Hopefully we'll get alloa in the cup now and the arsehole that caused all this can get their come uppance.

The guys father used to post regularly on P&B. He might even respond to what you have to say about him or his son.

Thinking about the season ahead and I've been watching all the highlights of league 1 teams I can find.

Reasons to be cheerful, 1, 2, 3 (4).

Raith have looked half decent in midfield and going forward against lesser opposition so far. Here against Inverness they got a doing and looked an absolute shambles at the back. Our big lads should have a field day at set pieces if this continues into the season. The goalkeeper looks suspect and the big defender Mendy is an utter bombscare.

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Not having a go here, but is the "hard challenges in this league" a bit of an easy myth to peddle?

Anyone got injury stats for the Championship/League 1?

Not as such. Previous studies show an increase in injuries as the level of play drops in English football (i.e. more injuries in League One vs. Championship vs. Premier), but the relationship doesn't correct in any meaningful way based upon the "lower quality" pitches. Modern "Plastic Pitches: (with rubber crumb) show reduced lower extremity injuries of a significant nature, but increased upper body injuries. However, there are some possibly significant concerns about the severity of some of the lower body uinjuries. So, who knows...but given that the average League One ground has significantly less invested in it than a Championship ground...

Edited by TxRover

8 hours ago, Long Suffering Bairn said:

Oh well, didn't expect the board to swallow their pride an apologise publicly.  That's good.  But the damage has already been done to our reputation.  There will be people all over the world who will remember the Falkirk name as that wee team in Scotland with racist supporters because of the board's original statement.  

Yes, credit for at least attempting to undo the damage, but it's still too little too late. You can't go back in time, but the damage is irreparable. 

The sentiment should be recognised, even if the statement itself raises some eyebrows. 

In particular "Our intention had been to ensure that our fan base is recognised for what they are – fair, loyal, passionate and unwavering in their support for their team and totally opposed to any form of racist behaviour."

That is a lie. That was not the intention. If you're going to apologise, top tip - don't lie again in the apology about lying. 

5 hours ago, TxRover said:

Not as such. Previous studies show an increase in injuries as the level of play drops in English football (i.e. more injuries in League One vs. Championship vs. Premier), but the relationship doesn't correct in any meaningful way based upon the "lower quality" pitches. Modern "Plastic Pitches: (with rubber crumb) show reduced lower extremity injuries of a significant nature, but increased upper body injuries. However, there are some possibly significant concerns about the severity of some of the lower body uinjuries. So, who knows...but given that the average League One ground has significantly less invested in it than a Championship ground...

Appreciate it. Cheers. 

I was more meaning the patter about the more "agricultural" tackling abilities down here. 

I obviously dont want people to be looking to make their mark when our ballerz roll in to get selfies with the crowds and give diddies their Cup Final , but I am just wondering whether this is just a lazy stereotype, or is the league full of hammer throwers.

It should go without saying that you're going to suffer a number of horrible results even if you skoosh the league, probably the likes of Forfar, Peterhead and Stranraer. Some of them might happen early on.

Look like you've got a squad more than capable of doing the business though, if things aren't running fairly smoothly by end of October it's time to start asking questions.

And every shit result, take it on the chin, there's a good bunch of lads now