The Falkirk FC Thread

Agreed, there time is up. One of the reasons why I think those boycotting home games would be as well attending is because if everything goes tits up, which it looks like they will, then we need as many people as possible putting pressure on them during and after the games.

Not convinced protests will work

22 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

The club is like a leaky bucket - folk would have found out before the decision was made probably

Aye but there must be a middle ground between stony silence and flashing our arse to the world

4 minutes ago, Bigbrbairn said:

DD was meant to take 7-10 days. We are now on the 17th day post announcement. Houston we have a problem I think!

17 days during which time we have been informed of alleged previous bad business ventures, unpaid debts and sexual harassment cases. If any of these have any truth in them, why haven't the club told him to bolt yet? It's a situation they brought on themselves by going public too early as well. The whole situation is fucked even more than it was a couple of months ago, which I didn't think was even remotely possible.

5 hours ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:
6 hours ago, Hughsie said:
Oh my god, man.

Would be fantastic if it were a pastiche also, but sadly I fear not.

Surely not?

Was the Stainrod one sincere?  I genuinely thought it was continuing the genre quite successfully.

On a separate note, why is there a bit of a widespread belief that it's got to be either Campbell or the status quo?

BtB would remain in the picture, would they not?

Surely not?
Was the Stainrod one sincere?  I genuinely thought it was continuing the genre quite successfully.

On a separate note, why is there a bit of a widespread belief that it's got to be either Campbell or the status quo?
They, and by extension we, were never in the picture.

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:
3 minutes ago, Monkey Tennis said:
Surely not?

They, and by extension we, were never in the picture.

Can you be sure of that?

Was it not just that this Campbell bloke resembled (at first glance) more of a fairy godfather and was thus preferred? 

Can't they find a new preferred bidder, or do you think it's all been nonsense, and they don't really want rid at all?

Would it not be great if our only concern was results and performances on the field of play. I got more enjoyment from the game on Saturday than I have had football wise for about two years. Okay it was only 90 mins. With all the anger at the board and the suspicions about takeover it has made me fed up all together. Just wish we had a settled ownership and a winning team on the park. Or is that just a dream

Can you be sure of that?
Was it not just that this Campbell bloke resembled (at first glance) more of a fairy godfather and was thus preferred? 
Can't they find a new preferred bidder, or do you think it's all been nonsense, and they don't really want rid at all?
Many suspect they don't want rid, although our man with connections inside reckons they do.
The feeling seems to be they'd sell to a Trump/Mussolini/Lecter consortium before letting the fans get involved.

1 hour ago, Bigbrbairn said:

DD was meant to take 7-10 days. We are now on the 17th day post announcement. Houston we have a problem I think!

It was always stated that they had hoped to conclude the deal by 31/8/19.

I'm not entirely sure how the process works, but is it normal for an announcement to be made stating that X has passed DD in the lead up to any deal being formally concluded?

17 minutes ago, champions said:

It was always stated that they had hoped to conclude the deal by 31/8/19.

I'm not entirely sure how the process works, but is it normal for an announcement to be made stating that X has passed DD in the lead up to any deal being formally concluded?

It’s not normal for any announcement at all to be made in advance of legal documents being signed

37 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

Many suspect they don't want rid, although our man with connections inside reckons they do.
The feeling seems to be they'd sell to a Trump/Mussolini/Lecter consortium before letting the fans get involved.

They’d rather sell than be diluted and not get any money out at all.  Wouldn’t you?

Gary Miller should be a decent enough signing and does give us good experienced cover for Mikey Doyle. I’d have still liked us to have signed a left-back instead. Just can’t see Lewis Moore being able to play left-back with how right-footed and lightweight he is.

Just DKD to go and we’re pretty much sorted.