The Falkirk FC Thread

3 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Scottish football combusting and an Airdrie fan just wants to talk about Falkirk.

Delicious.

Thought yous could do with a wee change up after obsessing over the chairman of Raith Rovers. 

4 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Exactly. 

Not saying Falkirk fans should have sympathy for Raith and flock to their fundraiser like it was fucking Live Aid, but it is unedifying to see fans salivating over their issue, claiming going bust is 'karma' for not supporting an obviously doomed reconstruction proposal. 

No its karma for telling one club that they had every sympathy for their plight and would back reconstruction  which would mean them being promoted with them before actively voting against that. Whether their vote made a difference its taking the piss.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

No its karma for telling one club that they had every sympathy for their plight and hoped that reconstruction would mean them being promoted with them before actively voting against that. Whether their vote made a difference its taking the piss.

Just so we're clear; going bust is karma for saying they'd vote for reconstruction, then not voting for it? That would be balance, in your view? Not getting pumped all season and relegated, not losing key players to a lower league side, not being demoted due to the arbitration, but going bust?

Interesting take. 

Just now, R.R.FC said:

Wait, what!? Am I reading that right? Celtic wouldn’t have complained about not winning 9 in a row despite being 13 points clear with 8 games to play? Are you sure about that? Have you ever met Old Firm fans? No way they’d let their club just accept that. Likewise Dundee United and Cove given the points they were clear, they absolutely would have all, quite rightly, kicked up a huge fuss. 

That’s before getting into the fact if you declare the season null and void the prize money for the league would shared equally which would be a huge blow to the teams at the top end of the league.

Am I right in thinking the Dutch League is the only league in Europe which was declared null and void? All others used the current standings as final or played to a finish. And even then in the Netherlands more teams voted in favour of PPG than null and void but the league took their own decision.

I know the Celtic fans would have had a meltdown over 9 in a row but declaring the league null and void would have no one gains and everyone loses out, is it shit yes it is  but if the league was called null and void then no one would be in court.

Bear in mind the whole debacle about why your in court is due to the vote and the way it was conducted with clubs being intimidated by other club chairmen over which way they intended to vote.

2 minutes ago, AndyDD said:

Just so we're clear; going bust is karma for saying they'd vote for reconstruction, then not voting for it? That would be balance, in your view? Not getting pumped all season and relegated, not losing key players to a lower league side, not being demoted due to the arbitration, but going bust?

Interesting take. 

Mate, your club only exists because you killed off Clydebank.

Just now, AndyDD said:

Interesting take. 

Frankly I don't give a feck what happens to them. I very much doubt they'll go bust. Its more than likely them trying to get away with not having to spend some of their team budget on costs than it actually meaning them going down the tubes.  Let's face it if the sums they're talking about is going to put raith or united under then they are in a real mess.

2 hours ago, roman_bairn said:

And yet, here you are, with Dunning, on the Falkirk thread, regurgitating the same old shite......

Another Falkirk fan brought McKinnon up and I addressed it. I'm happy to stick to the current matter being discussed rather than going over old ground.

So on that note, we have Falkirk fans accusing another club's chairman of being two-faced, cringeworthy, and crying more than any other club. The two-faced criticism is undeniable considering Clark said he'd support 14-10-10-10 then voted against it once he knew Raith were up regardless, and obviously your own club being guilty of something doesn't mean you can't criticise others for it too, but there's little acknowledgement here that Falkirk have also been cringeworthy, hypocritical and whinged at every opportunity your Chairman has had.

Club statement after the initial abandonment of reconstruction talks, meaning clubs in first are to be promoted ahead of clubs in second on PPG: 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/05/08/club-statement-12/

...progress has been hampered by the short sightedness and self-preservation of a small cabal within Scotland’s top division.

You will share my anger at this latest injustice, the failed promises and the general mismanagement that has occurred at the top of Scottish football for many years

The handling of this entire situation has been farcical ranging from the decisions made by the SPFL board to those clubs who have, what could only be charitably described as, misled and deceived.  The principle of ‘do no harm’ to Scottish football during the pandemic was thrown out of the window a long time ago and the decision taken today will cause harm to many clubs – Falkirk included.

I have already embarked upon discussions with other clubs who share my anger and we will be considering the next steps to take over the weekend.  I will keep you informed as matters progress but for now the club has made it clear that we cannot support this unfair decision taken by six clubs and supported by those at the SPFL.  Change is required.

As a club we must do what we’ve always done, let our performances on the pitch do the talking, and with your support press on through the leagues and take our place in the top division where we can continue to lobby for the necessary change required in Scottish football.”

Club statement after reconstruction proposal which would have promoted clubs in second ahead of clubs in third and fourth is voted down:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/15/club-statement-13/

self-interest has won the day and the voices of common sense and reform have been drowned out...

We voted for today’s proposals and there are many others with the appetite for reform but not in enough numbers to affect the change that our game so badly needs.

A solution which sees Falkirk miss out on promotion narrowly behind another club on PPG is farcical, the product of a self-interested cabal, unfair, an injustice which does harm and causes anger.

A solution which promotes Falkirk narrowly ahead of another club on PPG is common sense, the change the game so badly needs, nothing to do with self-interest.

If you want to see a club crying about the process or being cringeworthy - as if the 'do our talking on the pitch and take our place in the top division' line wasn't bad enough for a third tier club who've just done their talking with a tantrum spanning several paragraphs of a club statement - then there's this:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/26/gary-deans-interview/

‘Are Falkirk the forgotten victims in all of this? That’s how it feels,’ Deans told Sportsmail.

‘We’ve been left behind and I’ve told (SPFL chief executive) Neil Doncaster and others that. But to be fair, Inverness, Airdrie and Edinburgh City would probably all say the same.

My real disappointment is that when they called the season early, they also cancelled the play-offs. ‘Look at England, they are now playing the play-offs. Other countries are managing to do it as well.

‘So, without having too much of a chip on our shoulder, once again Falkirk feel like the victims.

‘I know there have been rumours of fans boycotting certain clubs and I thought maybe I’ll boycott the odd club that has said the odd thing — and I’ll not name them.

‘But then I thought: “Would I rather turn up and see them get humiliated?”. Yes, I would. If I am sitting in the stand and we are winning 5-0 then that’s going to give me a better feeling than sitting in the house and nursing my grievances.

‘I don’t want to see any team suffer financially. But I would like to see them suffer (on the park) because Falkirk are giving them a hiding.’

Gary Deans has been every bit as hypocritical and self-interested as anyone else, while having more tantrums than anyone but Ann Budge. By all means point out where other clubs have done so too, but don't deny that Falkirk have been worse than most.

Guest Ecosse83
7 minutes ago, Dunning1874 said:

Another Falkirk fan brought McKinnon up and I addressed it. I'm happy to stick to the current matter being discussed rather than going over old ground.

So on that note, we have Falkirk fans accusing another club's chairman of being two-faced, cringeworthy, and crying more than any other club. The two-faced criticism is undeniable considering Clark said he'd support 14-10-10-10 then voted against it once he knew Raith were up regardless, and obviously your own club being guilty of something doesn't mean you can't criticise others for it too, but there's little acknowledgement here that Falkirk have also been cringeworthy, hypocritical and whinged at every opportunity your Chairman has had.

Club statement after the initial abandonment of reconstruction talks, meaning clubs in first are to be promoted ahead of clubs in second on PPG: 

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/05/08/club-statement-12/

Club statement after reconstruction proposal which would have promoted clubs in second ahead of clubs in third and fourth is voted down:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/15/club-statement-13/

A solution which sees Falkirk miss out on promotion narrowly behind another club on PPG is farcical, the product of a self-interested cabal, unfair, an injustice which does harm and causes anger.

A solution which promotes Falkirk narrowly ahead of another club on PPG is common sense, the change the game so badly needs, nothing to do with self-interest.

If you want to see a club crying about the process or being cringeworthy - as if the 'do our talking on the pitch and take our place in the top division' line wasn't bad enough for a third tier club who've just done their talking with a tantrum spanning several paragraphs of a club statement - then there's this:

https://www.falkirkfc.co.uk/2020/06/26/gary-deans-interview/

Gary Deans has been every bit as hypocritical and self-interested as anyone else, while having more tantrums than anyone but Ann Budge. By all means point out where other clubs have done so too, but don't deny that Falkirk have been worse than most.

Quiet day today mate? 🙈

6 hours ago, Marshmallo said:

The reason Falkirk are in this shit heap of a league again next season is due to repeated failures by owners, board and managers of Falkirk over a period of years.

Incorrect, SFA/SPFL conspiracy that goes back years if you believe the Coyb Facebook page.

Edited by gav-ffc

So many windmills, so little time.

1 hour ago, Ludo*1 said:

It'll be a very sad day if any club goes to the wall due to this. Unless it's Cowdenbeath. f**k Cowdenbeath.

G'on, maybe just one other club?  Just one more?  I know they're only 8 years old; but really... f**k 'em.  

5 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did they not get a 6 figure sum for Bowie and £70k from their just giving page ?

Where has all that money gone ??

Theres a few of us asking the same question

£150,000 for Bowie,although unsure if was a lump sum or staggered payment

£100,000+ raised by supporter with a number of donations from opposing supporters

£50,000 from Andersons fund

£6000 monthly income from supporters fund

Find the latest plea for help cringey and embarrassing.I for one wont put my hand in my pocket and not just because its  fukin empty its just not right ,so wouldn,t expect fans of other teams to do so

Edited by Rovers_Lad

2 hours ago, AL-FFC said:

I know the Celtic fans would have had a meltdown over 9 in a row but declaring the league null and void would have no one gains and everyone loses out, is it shit yes it is  but if the league was called null and void then no one would be in court.

Bear in mind the whole debacle about why your in court is due to the vote and the way it was conducted with clubs being intimidated by other club chairmen over which way they intended to vote.

Nope, that was thoroughly debunked by multiple sources. Did you miss that or are you purposely ignoring it?

21 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Gary Deans has been trying desperately to get all chairman to put all differences and past issues to one side and to consider reconstruction for the betterment of Scottish football. Sadly apart from a small number of clubs, self/arrogance self/interest & self/preservation is more important. 

Wow. I think you actually believe that. Absolutely astonishing that anyone can be thay naive and/or stupid. 

Reconstruction of the leagues would have absolutely no difference on Scottish football incidentally. The real issues are around distribution of cash, which are fucked due to the voting rights. None of that would be fixed by having 2 extra teams in one of the leagues.

26 minutes ago, DA Baracus said:

Nope, that was thoroughly debunked by multiple sources. Did you miss that or are you purposely ignoring it?

Wow. I think you actually believe that. Absolutely astonishing that anyone can be thay naive and/or stupid. 

Reconstruction of the leagues would have absolutely no difference on Scottish football incidentally. The real issues are around distribution of cash, which are fucked due to the voting rights. None of that would be fixed by having 2 extra teams in one of the leagues.

Reconstruction wouldn't have had us in the complete shambles we're in just now for a start.