The Falkirk FC Thread

32 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

If we're paying him a bit more money, with the caveat of playing in a higher division then it's a no brainer for him, he's played more games for Dunfermline than he has for Falkirk so it's not like he'll have a massive emotional attachment to TFS. He's not daft aswell, if he has improved as a player then scoring 15-20 goals in the championship opens up a move to the premier, where he'll in turn get even more cash. 

It's just another shite point about being in league 1, you're not an attractive proposition and it can be a struggle to pick up the better FT players, we had it when we were in the league. 

Nothing to say he's improved as a player. Had a similar scoring record the last time he played in league one. He's just always struggled for goals at any higher level. Always runs his arse off though. O'hara is a laugh though. No mention on the pars website of the eyeball incident funnily enough or his 8 game ban which was pretty major at the time. Looks like they're trying to pretend it never happened. 

Edited by Shadwell Dog

O'Hara is a strange signing for them. He did nothing of note at us or when he left us, till he rocked up at Alloa. He's either going to grasp the opportunity or be a huge flop. I think he could be one of those that plays better when there isn't the same pressure on him, although he had a few loan spells at the likes of Stenny where he struggled to get a game. Big gamble  on a three year deal. 

4 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

O'Hara is a strange signing for them. He did nothing of note at us or when he left us, till he rocked up at Alloa. He's either going to grasp the opportunity or be a huge flop. I think he could be one of those that plays better when there isn't the same pressure on him, although he had a few loan spells at the likes of Stenny where he struggled to get a game. Big gamble  on a three year deal. 

He had a lot of chances at us but never grasped any of them and never looked like the speedy youngster that first broke into the side.  Will certainly be a lot more pressure at Dunfermline especially with that  numpty crawford in charge. Coat must be on a very shortly peg. Amazed he hasn't been punted by now.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

41 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

. O'hara is a laugh though. No mention on the pars website of the eyeball incident funnily enough or his 8 game ban which was pretty major at the time. Looks like they're trying to pretend it never happened. 

It will be addressed during the player interview. 

2 hours ago, Trump said:

Dunfermline and Falkirk are fast turning into Inverness and Ross County with the amount of times players swap between the clubs.

David Moss and Davie Nicholls to be announced later today.

10 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

It will be addressed during the player interview. 

I'm sure we'll get the young inexperienced boy pish.  Dunfermline couldnt have been stronger at condemning the whole affair and the subsequent plastic eyeball farce. For them to now happily sign him up is sheer hypocrisy on their part

12 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The boat was pushed out for McManus, and offered a great deal. Unfortunately several clubs including one SPL club were able to top. Doesn’t surprise me it’s Dum.. as seem to be able to offer higher wages. Hearing Sammon will be here one more season as contract watertight unless someone comes in for him. 

The thought of Sammon wandering aimlessly about the park looking like he can't be arsed for another season is dreadful. But then who's going to be stupid enough to want him. 

15 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

The boat was pushed out for McManus, and offered a great deal. Unfortunately several clubs including one SPL club were able to top. Doesn’t surprise me it’s Dum.. as seem to be able to offer higher wages. Hearing Sammon will be here one more season as contract watertight unless someone comes in for him. 

If the rumoured 250k for Nisbet is correct then they will have a fair bit of cash to spend especially after being able to shift the dross from last season.  Wonder what hibs players think when they're spending that kind of cash after asking them to take a pay cut.

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

The thought of Sammon wandering aimlessly about the park looking like he can't be arsed for another season is dreadful. But then who's going to be stupid enough to want him. 

He showed in flashes last season just nowhere near enough  M and M need to try and get the best out of him on a far more regular basis.

Just now, Shadwell Dog said:

If the rumoured 250k for Nisbet is correct then they will have a fair bit of cash to spend especially after being able to shift the dross from last season.  Wonder what hibs players think when they're spending that kind of cash after asking them to take a pay cut.

I don't think it will be anyway near 250k., not up front anyway. Apparently it was significantly less than what Hibs offered for him in January although still a six figure fee. 

Just now, ebobsboy said:

I don't think it will be anyway near 250k., not up front anyway. Apparently it was significantly less than what Hibs offered for him in January although still a six figure fee. 

I thought that was way to high for him but you never know these days.  Still they will have a bit of cash floating about. Christ they even paid money for o'hara.

Not sure we should be lashing out the full budget in July, but the bottom line is players and their agents will be actively seeking job security, no one is sitting on their hands waiting on the call from Gary "theres been a statement" Deans. We might not be able to play them until October, but paying them until then might just have to be the cost of assembling a decent squad. If we don't, others will.

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

It is 250k. Hibs offered 400k in January. We've got a big sell on clause too

Edited by Chubbychops