The Falkirk FC Thread

3 hours ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I think most folk feel the same way and it's a very fair point. The guy who runs the media side tries to space out commercial stories and I know there have occasionally been "disagreements" about how much consecutive sales stuff should go up compared to football news. 

The problem is that all the absolute shite (as you describe it)  brings in money. And apart from strip sales it's the  only revenue the club have right now. The Commercial Dept will presumably still have monthly targets to meet. 

Just skip past it. You only have to flick a screen for a few seconds. I have to spend hours every week producing it. 🥴

As for transfers, they're not inactive. I heard today about several players who knocked us back. I've no idea what the success ratio is for transfer targets, but I was told a few years back that Bob McHugh was the ninth striker we tried to sign that summer.  I imagine it's even harder now we're in League One. 

They could have made a lot more from strip sales if it was a halfway decent effort. I'm surprised at McHugh being 9th choice I always thought Houston's preferred option was all the eggs in one basket and Brian Graham I didn't realise we had a second never mind ninth choice. 

Edited by ebobsboy

13 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

The thought of Sammon wandering aimlessly about the park looking like he can't be arsed for another season is dreadful. But then who's going to be stupid enough to want him. 

Trying desperately to see any positive in this ......errrrr.............it's a shortened season !!!

13 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes and they are lucky enough to have got decent money for a player allowing them to make signings. Are we the only club not signing players at present?

Granted they have signed some guys who may be good signings but given their previous for over spending I don’t think it’s a model we want to follow.

Guest Ecosse83
2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Granted they have signed some guys who may be good signings but given their previous for over spending I don’t think it’s a model we want to follow.

Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that's why they have managed to sign players and we haven't. 

It would be silly for is to go and sign players just now and having to pay full wages when the season is still over 3 months away. 

4 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes I agree, I was just pointing out that's why they have managed to sign players and we haven't. 

It would be silly for is to go and sign players just now and having to pay full wages when the season is still over 3 months away. 

On the other hand, the clubs that have the history of over spending and lack of respect for their creditors such as Rangers, Dunfermline, Dundee, Hearts and Livvy have made some memorable signings over the years.

Guest Ecosse83
16 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Hearing a few players we’ve spoken to are content to see what comes along, so seems a bit of a gamble considering the amount of players available. Guessing M&M will be keen to sign up who’s currently being furloughed, so they know exact numbers to bring in. 

I'd be happy to keep them all apart from Telfer, it would be pointless keeping him!

9 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did the police not run an anti-racism operation in EEP a few years ago to try and rid the club of that element that had attached themselves to Dunfermline ??

A quick look in the George Floyd/BLM thread tells me this initiative wasn't particularly successful.

2 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

What’s been said on there mate ?

One of our regular Pars contributors giving it, "I'm not racist but there's an awfy lot of them on telly right now", got a few days ban & came back with ever worse patter.

I wont name names because I don't want him stinking out this thread. Brutal.

21 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

One of our regular Pars contributors giving it, "I'm not racist but there's an awfy lot of them on telly right now", got a few days ban & came back with ever worse patter.

I wont name names because I don't want him stinking out this thread. Brutal.

A few days ban ain’t going to change somebody like that I’m afraid.

From memory I think a few Pars fans were arrested at a Celtic game for racism a few years ago but I could be wrong.

1 minute ago, deano25ffc said:

Hello guys I’m back . 

Is this no longer as app ? Just a Internet forum now ? Does one f even exist anymore ? 

Not sure, I made the switch years ago....at that point one f was a flat out mental asylum, with around 8 posters. Folk migrated here or to COYB Facebook page generally in think.

Is it still 3 months away? Jeez

What dates are we playing you in the league this year?

Guest Ecosse83
3 minutes ago, lochgellyPAR said:

Is it still 3 months away? Jeez

What dates are we playing you in the league this year?

If that's meant to be humour I'd just give up mate 🤣

Edited by Ecosse83