The Falkirk FC Thread

Fucking hell, you'd think after the problems Falkirk have had they'd be the last club to start digging out another for their fans. 

3 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Did the police not run an anti-racism operation in EEP a few years ago to try and rid the club of that element that had attached themselves to Dunfermline ??

Aye, their was a racist incident so they club was very forthright about it and got it nipped in the bud, made it abundantly clear how unacceptable it was. It's absolutely inevitable that every football club will have idiots who follow it, the larger the following the more likely to have those idiots. 

What separates some clubs is how they deal with such incidents, some clubs like the old firm seem to encourage the idiots, others through inaction enable them. 

5 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

Fucking hell, you'd think after the problems Falkirk have had they'd be the last club to start digging out another for their fans. 

Aye, their was a racist incident so they club was very forthright about it and got it nipped in the bud, made it abundantly clear how unacceptable it was. It's absolutely inevitable that every football club will have idiots who follow it, the larger the following the more likely to have those idiots. 

What separates some clubs is how they deal with such incidents, some clubs like the old firm seem to encourage the idiots, others through inaction enable them. 

This post is correct. Which makes it all the more puzzling that several fans including yourself have piled in here on various occasions. It's like you understand how it works, but can't help yourself, which is presumably just the football fan pettiness in all of us. The obvious exemption being the Arse cheek fans as you correctly mention, who live and breathe intolerance

As you were then.

51 minutes ago, Grant228 said:

I wasn’t digging anyone out. I’d suggested the local police had tried to help your club deal with the racist element in your support. 

Agree with you regarding the Old Firm.

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I wasn’t digging anyone out. I’d suggested the local police had tried to help your club deal with the racist element in your support. 

Agree with you regarding the Old Firm.

Dunfermline situation goes right back to the Richard Cadette days.

6 hours ago, Ecosse83 said:

I'd be happy to keep them all apart from Telfer, it would be pointless keeping him!

If the six on short term contracts get kept on then the signings should be. Back up goalkeeper. Two fullbacks. Midfielder in the box to box style with pace. Midfielder wide. Two forwards.  That gives a minimum squad of 19 which is least required for this shortened season.  All should be from their late teens to mid 20's they will be motivated to make sure they stay in the game. 

What problems have we had with racism?

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

This post is correct. Which makes it all the more puzzling that several fans including yourself have piled in here on various occasions. It's like you understand how it works, but can't help yourself, which is presumably just the football fan pettiness in all of us. The obvious exemption being the Arse cheek fans as you correctly mention, who live and breathe intolerance

As you were then.

Absolutely seething that you've replied all sensible and that, waste of my time. 

48 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Dunfermline situation goes right back to the Richard Cadette days.

Christ, what a mess of a poster. 

2 hours ago, Grant228 said:

Absolutely seething that you've replied all sensible and that, waste of my time. 

Christ, what a mess of a poster. 

Iv turned over a new leaf, which will likely last no further than minute 1 of game 1. 

In all seriousness, I have no intention of rapping football, and I suspect this might just be the absence talking,  but I do wonder how many people will return with a touch less passion  and associated rage than before. I think this whole pandemic has done a bit of number perspective wise. It will probably wear off, but I think theres a different ambience on here 

8 minutes ago, Fawkirk Wull said:

Anybody any idea if there is a share issue  happening in the near future

Its already been address with the GD Q & A, said it is happening the MSG are looking to step back and are willing to dilute their hold on the club whether it comes off or not is different thing altogether.

14 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I am going to guess at the young striker Dowd.

Chris O'Dowd would be a better option. Surely we're not thinking of replacing a 20 odd league goal striker with someone who scored 5.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

2 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Chris O'Dowd would be a better option. Surely we're not thinking of replacing a 20 odd league goal striker with someone who scored 5.

He’s wanted by championship teams so doubt we’ll get him. He would be fine with someone beside him (not Sammon). He’s young and hungry to succeed I’d imagine. 

8 hours ago, CC52 FFC said:

He’s wanted by championship teams so doubt we’ll get him. He would be fine with someone beside him (not Sammon). He’s young and hungry to succeed I’d imagine. 

I'd prefer to see us go for Agnew. Guarantees you 10 goals a season from midfield at this level something we certainly don't have at the moment.