The Falkirk FC Thread

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Definitely time for us to use any contacts we have(if any) to get some decent youngsters in on loan. Do you think Hibs fans were worrying about Liam Henderson not being their own player when he was tearing up the championship?

I think the point is not that loan signings are wrong but the amount of them now being discussed  - i.e half a team.

I agree we should use any means to get out of Div 3 but the thought of 6 loan players really depresses me.

We used to identify with our players, be proud of them. Going back to the Jeffries era every player had their own song. 

Will we singing "He's not one of our own" in seasons to come?       

.......and it brings the whole prospect of “sporting integrity” back into question. Under these rules, it now allows a “big club” to directly impact upon the outcome of other leagues in a manner not previously possible. A “big club” can now effectively pick a winner from a lower league.

It opens the door to all sorts of permutations of wrong-doing.

Any club that takes six players from any top tier club, but more specifically the Arse Cheeks, should be cancelled, and I would encouraging our players to leave the boot in throughout that particular match.

And if Gary Deans is considering approaching either club for a bulk loan arrangement he can GTF aswell. It would be such a "Falkirk of the last few years" thing to do.

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

There’s no danger we would take that number of players from anyone. However it doesn’t  shut the door on taking one or two players from them. However once Morton Dundee & a few division three clubs get their fix, not sure what will be worth taking. 

I can't get the whiff of Sevco out my nose any time we release anything to press these days, so it just gives me the fear. Of course I dont have an issue with one or two, Rudden being a standout example, but I could just see the clowns that run our club blindly thinking it was a good and groundbreaking idea. 

4 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I can't get the whiff of Sevco out my nose any time we release anything to press these days, so it just gives me the fear. Of course I dont have an issue with one or two, Rudden being a standout example, but I could just see the clowns that run our club blindly thinking it was a good and groundbreaking idea. 

I doubt any manager at our level would accept having a board decide on player recruitment. It goes back to the old "oversight" arguement that was debated on here after Hartleys shambolic summer. 

Managers have complete control over football matters. So they should, because they live or die by those decisions. Anyone from above who tries to interfere is (politely) told where to go. There have been a few stories about that over the years. 

So if we loaned 4 players off one of the OF, romped the league and played football worth the £19 a game to watch you'd be in a huff because that's not right? Come off it, i'll take us out this league in anyway possible. The rules are how they are and no other club will think twice about flouting them so why should we?

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

I doubt any manager at our level would accept having a board decide on player recruitment. It goes back to the old "oversight" arguement that was debated on here after Hartleys shambolic summer. 

Managers have complete control over football matters. So they should, because they live or die by those decisions. Anyone from above who tries to interfere is (politely) told where to go. There have been a few stories about that over the years. 

Aye, that's all fair enough. Like I say, it's just a constant feeling of mistrust towards the stewardship of the club and despite it being an extreme or unlikely example, I just dont feel any confidence in the MSG via Deans not doing more monumentally stupid things. 

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

Aye, that's all fair enough. Like I say, it's just a constant feeling of mistrust towards the stewardship of the club and despite it being an extreme or unlikely example, I just dont feel any confidence in the MSG via Deans not doing more monumentally stupid things. 

BPM will know better than me, but I'm sure the MSG were meant to be disbanding / giving up their block share. Was there not supposed to be an EGM about that this summer, at least until covid screwed everything? 

24 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

BPM will know better than me, but I'm sure the MSG were meant to be disbanding / giving up their block share. Was there not supposed to be an EGM about that this summer, at least until covid screwed everything? 

GD mentioned it in his Q&A saying the MSG want to step further back and will be doing a share issue to dilute their hold on the club. also mentioned that the board was a bit thin on the ground and they want to add to it.

36 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

So if we loaned 4 players off one of the OF, romped the league and played football worth the £19 a game to watch you'd be in a huff because that's not right? Come off it, i'll take us out this league in anyway possible. The rules are how they are and no other club will think twice about flouting them so why should we?

Like a lot of people, you'd be happy with yet another rebuild if we manage to get up. Like a lot of other people, I wouldn't. It's all about opinions though.

Any club that takes six players from any top tier club, but more specifically the Arse Cheeks, should be cancelled, and I would encouraging our players to leave the boot in throughout that particular match.

And if Gary Deans is considering approaching either club for a bulk loan arrangement he can GTF aswell. It would be such a "Falkirk of the last few years" thing to do.

Dont think we should be limiting what players we should take to help us win the league and get out of here to be honest (with the exception of the likes of Goodwillie).

This is only the case in British/UK football, but it becoming less and less in England. Especially in Europe, clubs appoint a director of football/sporting director to take charge of recruitment, with a head coach being employed rather than a manager.

The main benefit is that whilst the head coach always changes, the director of football mainly stays, and their recruitment is based on short, medium and long term thinking.

We could have certainly used that during Hartleys reign. What director of football would sign 3 left backs but no recognised right backs?

Also you’re not telling me that the likes of Celtic, Hibs, St Johnstone in particular don’t have someone overseeing transfers at board level and giving the final say.

Whilst it would be difficult to find someone at League One capable of this, and it may not fit the culture, we could have benefited from something like this.

37 minutes ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

This is the dictionary definition of a "il believe it when I see it" scenario, given the recent form book of that group includes binning the fans in favour of Mark Campbell. 

4 minutes ago, Trump said:

Dont think we should be limiting what players we should take to help us win the league and get out of here to be honest (with the exception of the likes of Goodwillie).

This is only the case in British/UK football, but it becoming less and less in England. Especially in Europe, clubs appoint a director of football/sporting director to take charge of recruitment, with a head coach being employed rather than a manager.

The main benefit is that whilst the head coach always changes, the director of football mainly stays, and their recruitment is based on short, medium and long term thinking.

We could have certainly used that during Hartleys reign. What director of football would sign 3 left backs but no recognised right backs?

Also you’re not telling me that the likes of Celtic, Hibs, St Johnstone in particular don’t have someone overseeing transfers at board level and giving the final say.

Whilst it would be difficult to find someone at League One capable of this, and it may not fit the culture, we could have benefited from something like this.

The rumours kicking about just now seem to indicate we are trying, and failing to recruit said DoF

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

This is the dictionary definition of a "il believe it when I see it" scenario, given the recent form book of that group includes binning the fans in favour of Mark Campbell. 

The rumours kicking about just now seem to indicate we are trying, and failing to recruit said DoF

Going back to christmas time the rumour was Craig Levein been said before but no thanks

10 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

Going back to christmas time the rumour was Craig Levein been said before but no thanks

Honestly, I dont know any specifics. I have heard two things that concern me. One is that we have been knocked back by the fourth person we have approached. 

Two is that Gary Deans media circus during the season ending fiasco (and it's totally personal whether that sort of thing is your flavour or not) has left his and therefore pur clubs reputation in the grubber. Its not a stretch to link the two things. 

I would love both to be untrue, but I didnt like the communications coming from the club at the time so for me theres an inherent bias towards believing that statements I though could damage us, have damaged us. 

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

Honestly, I dont know any specifics. I have heard two things that concern me. One is that we have been knocked back by the fourth person we have approached. 

Two is that Gary Deans media circus during the season ending fiasco (and it's totally personal whether that sort of thing is your flavour or not) has left his and therefore pur clubs reputation in the grubber. Its not a stretch to link the two things. 

I would love both to be untrue, but I didnt like the communications coming from the club at the time so for me theres an inherent bias towards believing that statements I though could damage us, have damaged us. 

I didnt really see Deans doing much different to anyone else to be honest.  Don't see how it could leave our reputation in the grubber especially when you see how some of the others have carried on.

2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

I didnt really see Deans doing much different to anyone else to be honest.  Don't see how it could leave our reputation in the grubber especially when you see how some of the others have carried on.

Yeah I also wouldn't really be worried, I thought he came across quite well especially compared to some of the statements in the past from his predecessors. Maybe shouldn't have said he wants us to pump everyteam on the pitch as we're all thinking it but it's probably better keeping that to yourself so it doesn't come back and bite you. He couldn't really win to be honest as if he said nothing we'd have had fans crying about the lack of effort and when he does actually give all his statements he gets hit with 'oh you've said too much now' 

On the subject of OF loans, the Celtic colts could have easily hammered us last time we played so if we took a few decent youngsters from them for 1 year and it got us out the league then all for it.  

re Deans doubt what he's been saying would have any impact on clubs sending us players on loan.  Much more comes into the decision than that e.g likely game time, quality of coaching, level of facilities etc.  If sending a player to league 1 I doubt any club would send to the likes of Montrose instead of us just because Deans bumped his gums a bit in the summer.  They'll do what's best for their player. 

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Personally i think everything he had said has been pretty much what most if not all Falkirk supporters were thinking, It was already said that the division within the clubs you had those willing to roll over and have their bellies tickled by Doncaster and vote for calling an end  to the season and the rest of them and you had other clubs that wanted a constructive approach and a serious one to any sort of conclusion to the end of the season  and league reconstruction.  Since its been ended we have had the Raith chairmen say he was all for reconstruction then vote against it and St Mirren come out and say they would do the same thing if St Mirren were in the same boat as Partick and Hearts, the double standards and hypocrisy of those clubs condemning clubs for taking action when they would do the same in their boat but seeing as they arent they are voting on their own self interest.

What was the last vote 16 out of the 42 clubs voted in favour of reconstruction its still a lot of clubs in a split.  Last season might be done and dusted but the fall out of it will be remembered for a long time to come especially when it comes clubs wanting to help them out (see the lets help fund Raith, Cove and Dundee Utds legal fees).  The only thing he has set out is the clubs stance on the matters, bare in mind we were part of the reconstruction talks group (it was never going to get voted through it was a con to call an end to the season with minimum fuss.

41 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

On the subject of OF loans, the Celtic colts could have easily hammered us last time we played so if we took a few decent youngsters from them for 1 year and it got us out the league then all for it.  

re Deans doubt what he's been saying would have any impact on clubs sending us players on loan.  Much more comes into the decision than that e.g likely game time, quality of coaching, level of facilities etc.  If sending a player to league 1 I doubt any club would send to the likes of Montrose instead of us just because Deans bumped his gums a bit in the summer.  They'll do what's best for their player. 

We have to work within the rules we're given. If we're allowed to get 4 loans in that are better than we can find on the free transfer market then I couldn't care less where they came from. I think it probably makes financial sense to max out those loans too (especially if we can rip up the contracts at Christmas if it's not working out) .

1 hour ago, Bairnardo said:

Complete rubbish.

Gary Deans conducted himself in an exemplary fashion which was what I expected after having met him.