The Falkirk FC Thread

2 minutes ago, Bantabairn said:

Not sure where you are getting your information, there was no requirement for most of what you’ve posted. 

I must have imagined passing that information onto appropriate bodies, then again we are non league.  

Maybe you league boys had less documentation to provide.

9 minutes ago, HMIP said:

So if you don’t need it, why are you lot moaning about getting a smaller grant than clubs who do?  Our Inverclyde cousins can’t afford shoes FFS.

Why reward clubs that are mismanaged and have overspent . We're not in march/ April here. This is not even 3 months into the season and clubs are jettisoning managers and talking about not being able to pay the December wage. All these clubs were asked if they could afford to play this season and said yes when that was clearly never going to be the case for some. They were not forced to play.  We shouldn't be rewarding clubs that are run badly whilst others who are run well get less investment.

1 minute ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Why reward clubs that are mismanaged and have overspent . We're not in march/ April here. This is not even 3 months into the season and clubs are jettisoning managers and talking about not being able to pay the December wage. All these clubs were asked if they could afford to play this season and said yes when that was clearly never going to be the case for some. They were not forced to play.  We shouldn't be rewarding clubs that are run badly whilst others who are run well get less investment.

To be fair, i don’t think any of the clubs ever said they could survive an entire season (and therefore over a full calendar year) with no match day income.  Most of the clubs seemed to budget until the end of 2020.

19 minutes ago, HMIP said:

To be fair, i don’t think any of the clubs ever said they could survive an entire season (and therefore over a full calendar year) with no match day income.  Most of the clubs seemed to budget until the end of 2020.

Then they deserve to go under. They were told that the season was 27 games and there was no guarantee of crowds or a government bailout and all clubs agreed to play. None of them should be needing such a ridiculous sum of money to get them through the season. Christ we're in league one and managing to put a full time team out that is doing well and all that based on budgeting for no crowds and no money from the government.  Clubs should not be running out of cash 2 and a bit months into the season.

The money should've been split across the whole game far more fairly. God knows what the women's football teams are getting. A set of bibs and a bag of balls probably.  However , it's obvious that at least one championship team needs 500k simply to keep going . The govt/spfl have shat it at the publicity of a club going under but if they give that sum to one championship club and not the other 9 it will appear unfair whether they need it or not.  We've therefor ended up with a huge sum being invested in the championship.and the scraps being handed out to the rest.

Christ if I was in the hospitality business I would be going mental at seeing company's being given half a million quid in a grant whilst they're trying to exist on a pittance.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

24 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Then they deserve to go under. They were told that the season was 27 games and there was no guarantee of crowds or a government bailout and all clubs agreed to play. None of them should be needing such a ridiculous sum of money to get them through the season. Christ we're in league one and managing to put a full time team out that is doing well and all that based on budgeting for no crowds and no money from the government.  Clubs should not be running out of cash 2 and a bit months into the season.

The money should've been split across the whole game far more fairly. God knows what the women's football teams are getting. A set of bibs and a bag of balls probably.  However , it's obvious that at least one championship team needs 500k simply to keep going . The govt/spfl have shat it at the publicity of a club going under but if they give that sum to one championship club and not the other 9 it will appear unfair whether they need it or not.  We've therefor ended up with a huge sum being invested in the championship.and the scraps being handed out to the rest.

Christ if I was in the hospitality business I would be going mental at seeing company's being given half a million quid in a grant whilst they're trying to exist on a pittance.

The inside of your head must be like the Sims.

6 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Hardly mate. Maybe the Government support was determined by the number of stands you have?

Cove can at least afford a manager.

In that case Morton would've got feck all.  Dens only has two decent stands. The rest is a shithole.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

In that case Morton would've got feck all.  Dens only has two decent stands. The rest is a shithole.

Yeah the newer stands behind the goals are pretty rank. The classic Archibald Leitch main stand and the famous South Enclosure at Dens are 2 of the best stands to watch football from in the country. I make that 4 stands. Can you do that? Tin pot, diddy, seaside mob.

14 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

The delusion by some on this thread that they think Falkirk is a bigger club than Morten, is unreal.

Are you a complete and utter moron. Our average attendance is over 4000 and theirs is under 2000, you do the maths. How does it feel being the small team in your city? 

5 minutes ago, johnnydun said:

Yeah the newer stands behind the goals are pretty rank. The classic Archibald Leitch main stand and the famous South Enclosure at Dens are 2 of the best stands to watch football from in the country. I make that 4 stands. Can you do that? Tin pot, diddy, seaside mob.

I've been in.the main stand. The view is abysmal and the leg room is feckin dreadful.  The south enclosure ain't a stand it's just bucket seats nailed on to terracing. Like something from the 80s.😂

Edited by Shadwell Dog

1 minute ago, MS RR said:

Are you a complete and utter moron. Our average attendance is over 4000 and theirs is under 2000, you do the maths. How does it feel being the small team in your city? 

Is this a boast about being the biggest team in Grangemouth? 

4 minutes ago, MS RR said:

4 STANDS JEREMY! YOU WANT 4 STANDS? THAT'S INSANE!

They are older than you, more established. It doesn't just come down to attendances.

I don't know, I don't support United.

Just now, johnnydun said:

4 STANDS JEREMY! YOU WANT 4 STANDS? THAT'S INSANE!

They are older than you, more established. It doesn't just come down to attendances.

I don't know, I don't support United.

The bare minimum should be being able to afford a manager I would've thought.

12 minutes ago, MS RR said:

Your average attendance this season is 0, zip, nada. How does it feel to be a village team unable to get out the pub league? 

Edited by Mr. Alli

17 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

No club, be it one of the Arse Cheeks or Albion Rovers, should be dependent on Government hand outs to survive even in the current exceptional circumstances.

This is when club Directors have to rise to the task and if necessary take the very difficult decisions eg go into hibernation for the duration of this season or radically cut back staffing to affordable levels.

Now we are witnessing the inevitable bleating from these people that their clubs cannot survive without Government intervention.

Sorry but I really would not mourn the loss of some of these clubs though I appreciate it would be a blow not only for the communities but especially for those who would lose their jobs (I am writing this as someone newly made redundant so do appreciate what this means).

Scottish football is rotten with top down incompetence perhaps a purge would ultimately be a positive.