The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

Personally I think a decent manager would have the league won by now. I’d give all the players a clean slate under a new boss and see what they can do then! 

Even Morrison has went off the boil. None of them are being coached properly which is why they should be sticking to 442 it’s what most players will know best.

Nah, we could have Guardiola come in and I'd still demand all but 3 or 4 of them are gone.  For at least 5 or 6 of that squad, this will be there last full time contract in football.

10 hours ago, Stainrod said:

Holt isn’t even on a wage  - expenses only deal! -  buttons im led to believe - so basically he’s there waiting to step in once the current two fail and he’ll take the salary. Personally I don’t think Holt has much to offer but at least having only one manager makes sense .( who was the Fanny who appointed two managers in the first place )  From an operational perspective the club is in free fall disaster from the MSG down and has been for 10 years . I actually wonder if Houston Hartley McKinnon et all were actually that bad and that the real problem actually isn’t with  those who call the shots. I fear for us winning this league now as we have lost the momentum ( the one thing DM tells us every week is so critical . ) 

I think that fanny was Lex Miller.

I said at the time it was a huge risk appointing 2 untested untried rookie managers at one of the most crucial periods in our history, but I was told it's okay they have Falkirk blood.

And of course history tells us joint managers very rarely if ever work.

Just another f*ck up in a long list of them.  

I think it says it all how many of mckinnons players are still getting a game 3 transfer windows later.  7 of the 11 starters against Dumbarton for instance. And yet 7 of the 9 on the bench were dumb and dumber signings.  If they can't bring in better players than his dross then Jesus Christ no wonder we're screwed.

2 minutes ago, Hank von Hell said:

I said at the time it was a huge risk appointing 2 untested untried rookie managers at one of the most crucial periods in our history, but I was told it's okay they have Falkirk blood.

As a temporary settle the ship idea it wasn't that ridiculous.  However, you knew these guys weren't giving up wages elsewhere to come to Falkirk for a few weeks even though lex tried to pretend that was the case. Signing them up permanently and then giving them a pay rise though was simply ludicrous.

Guest Ecosse83
52 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

Nah, we could have Guardiola come in and I'd still demand all but 3 or 4 of them are gone.  For at least 5 or 6 of that squad, this will be there last full time contract in football.

I get what your saying but we’re all moaning like f**k saying how shite the managers are. Simply put the players would be playing better under a new manager. Not saying they would be great Championship level players but they would be better than they currently are. 

1 minute ago, Ecosse83 said:

I get what your saying but we’re all moaning like f**k saying how shite the managers are. Simply put the players would be playing better under a new manager. Not saying they would be great Championship level players but they would be better than they currently are. 

For some players, you probably have a point. Players like Keena and Dowds will probably perform a lot better in a different system. 

Jobbers like Leitch and Francis are not going to make a living from football though.

Guest Ecosse83
4 minutes ago, latapythelegend said:

For some players, you probably have a point. Players like Keena and Dowds will probably perform a lot better in a different system. 

Jobbers like Leitch and Francis are not going to make a living from football though.

Yes I should have said I didn’t mean all players. Some are truly awful and shouldn’t be anywhere near our club. 

Keena and Dowds are 2 good examples of players I think would do better under competent management. I just hope we get to find out!

14 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Yes I should have said I didn’t mean all players. Some are truly awful and shouldn’t be anywhere near our club. 

Keena and Dowds are 2 good examples of players I think would do better under competent management. I just hope we get to find out!

Theres a sizable list of players of the last two or three years we have emptied who are doing fine elsewhere. Maybe not setting the heather alight but enough for it to be a theme. 

Its not too difficult to pick potential examples of this from our squad. Some are just straight underachieving though. Alston should be giving us more for example

Guest Peter LaFleur

In that Dumbarton side that drew with us, you wouldn’t have one of their players ahead of ours. The managers are absolutely underperforming.

Most of our side would get a league 1 club at ease. Francis and Leitch I think are the only two who would drop down a level. Hall isn’t great but he’d walk into Dumbarton, Forfar and possibly even Airdrie. 
Even from Airdries side you are looking at Turner and McCann from Tuesday who could start for us. 

I think we need a manger like Houston, not saying it has to be Houston himself but a character like Houston. Someone who can put his arm around them when needed but give them a rocket up their arse when also needed. I get the feeling the two we have like being their pals and it’s all fun and games. Apart from the end, Houston got the best out of some mediocre players. The fact we got to a cup final with that team and then finished 2nd to Rangers the following season. 

I think we need a manger like Houston, not saying it has to be Houston himself but a character like Houston. Someone who can put his arm around them when needed but give them a rocket up their arse when also needed. I get the feeling the two we have like being their pals and it’s all fun and games. Apart from the end, Houston got the best out of some mediocre players. The fact we got to a cup final with that team and then finished 2nd to Rangers the following season. 

Cue the chat re his signing record.[emoji16]
Not that I disagree with you. I’d love to have Houstie back.

They completely shat the bed with their subs on Tuesday night. Even if we had beaten Airdrie, never mind Dumbarton, we would be 6 points clear. They blew it. Letting Keena take the penalty was a huge miss as well.

It wouldn't have taken a genius to get us 10 points clear just now. I think McKinnon would have us strolling it tbh.

Edited by Marshmallo

1 hour ago, Peter LaFleur said:

In that Dumbarton side that drew with us, you wouldn’t have one of their players ahead of ours. The managers are absolutely underperforming.

Most of our side would get a league 1 club at ease. Francis and Leitch I think are the only two who would drop down a level. Hall isn’t great but he’d walk into Dumbarton, Forfar and possibly even Airdrie. 
Even from Airdries side you are looking at Turner and McCann from Tuesday who could start for us. 

I'd take the boy frizzel before a lot of the shite we've got.  Thing is to get out this league we need better players than the rest not ones of a similar standard.  For the budget we have we've signed a bunch of players that don't look out of place in this league at all.  We should have 11 that stand out like a sore thumb in the right way when we're playing the likes of Dumbarton forfar etc. Too many one paced players or players with no pace at all when pace makes the real difference in the lower leagues.  To have two fullbacks with a combined age of 67 who are as slow as death ain't going to get you anywhere . Morrison has a bit of pace as do the youngsters that hardly get a look in. Other than that we ain't got anyone that's going to frighten anyone at this level.

30 minutes ago, roman_bairn said:

Cue the chat re his signing record.emoji16.png
Not that I disagree with you. I’d love to have Houstie back.

Hed certainly get us over the line. I'd just want to make sure that he had absolutely no influence on signings whatsoever apart from telling Holt what position he needs.

I think a point the should be laboured home as we argue about what manager could/should we get and go round in circles, is that it's becoming obvious that what we have isn't managers. 

Shit football managers can, in the majority of cases still meet the brief of basic football management. It's not for everyone, and we put ourselves in the position of gambling that it would be for M&M. But it clearly isn't. Someone who can do the basics of football management would have this squad looking better than the current impression of a ship thats lost power floating aimlessly from one game to another. 

It was Lex Miller and Andy Thomson sanctioned by the Chairman elect at the time