The Falkirk FC Thread

51 minutes ago, Falkirkfan1985 said:

I seem to remember you coming away with some wild shouts last year...are you at it again?

He's signing for Falkirk is he not?

1 hour ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Know someone down at the stadium today for a first aid course and he's let me know he's seen a follically challenged man holding a scarf above his head. Could be absolutely nothing, could be something.

------------------

False alarm, he reckons it's Sheerin.

4EEB4CF1-1200-4CE2-A376-B5D821337252.jpeg

53 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

Sheerin met the media today and will have an interview on Falkirk TV going up later tonight.

How ma pal managed to think that a man in a v-neck jumper, shirt and tie was a new player I don't know..

Chinatoon chucking his source under a bus #SourceTroubles

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Not according the Community Stadium Company who I asked.

Apart from the council owned car park & 4 story office complex FFC own the rest. Who owns what within FFC is a different matter and generally agreed a dogs breakfast.

What the problem is you keep telling me different but it departs from reality.

This is what Martin Ritchie states and he was one of the individuals involved in the whole thing. 

'The club was given 175 year leases , at no cost, on the land for the pitch,the north and south stand and an area of land to the east of the main pitch. It also has rent free leases on all the football facilities in the west stand , access to the hospitality areas on match days , and specific access rules for the car park.'

That's it in black and white.

I'd rather take Martin Ritchie's word for it than some jobber who answers the phone for fcsl.

5 hours ago, FFC 1876 said:

Straight from the donkeys mouth. His dads, sisters, cousin's, brother's, nephew heard through his post man that he was coming here.

How many Dads has he got?

Is it just me or does it come across that Sheering is trying to let us know that the club didnt arse things up and that quote "due diligence" was done in regards to manager, to bad their due diligence on the coffee baron took them 3 months when majority of the fanbase had that one sussed in 24 hours

Quite enjoyed that interview, seems a likable sort (until the first defeat when it will be obvious how evil he was from day 1) .

Usual chat from a new manager about how #boxoffice we are and wanting to play attacking football with a good foundation. Said he knocked a couple of names off the names Holt had drawn up and that he'll have the final say on transfers but Holt and Corr will do a lot of the legwork for that, said there should be some more transfers in "imminently". Talked up the restarting of the academy too and how important that is for a club like ours.

No major red flags or anything, be interesting to see the types of players we sign. He did say that Gary Miller would be a "massive" influence on the younger players so I imagine he'll be sticking about.

2 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Quite enjoyed that interview, seems a likable sort (until the first defeat when it will be obvious how evil he was from day 1) .

Usual chat from a new manager about how #boxoffice we are and wanting to play attacking football with a good foundation. Said he knocked a couple of names off the names Holt had drawn up and that he'll have the final say on transfers but Holt and Corr will do a lot of the legwork for that, said there should be some more transfers in "imminently". Talked up the restarting of the academy too and how important that is for a club like ours.

No major red flags or anything, be interesting to see the types of players we sign. He did say that Gary Miller would be a "massive" influence on the younger players so I imagine he'll be sticking about.

Hands are tied re Miller with the mental 2 year deal - hoping his influence won't extend to being on the pitch!

Edited by Proudtobeabairn

1 minute ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

Hands are tied re Miller with the mental 2 year deal - hoping his influence won't expend to being on the pitch!

Crazy as it was clear he was finished when he was due to renew his contract. One year would've been bad enough but two was ludicrous.

Guest Peter LaFleur
2 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Crazy as it was clear he was finished when he was due to renew his contract. One year would've been bad enough but two was ludicrous.

Agreed. Hopefully he’s just seen as back-up covering a number of positions so handy to have on the bench.

Sheerin pretty well briefed for that interview by the club/board. 

Deans - “Remember and say that you are the first appointment of this board... and that we carried out our due diligence... and don’t call Corzo by his nickname” 

Also volunteers or not, when can we bin the Falkirk TV guys. Brutal stuff.