The Falkirk FC Thread

I think a new broom means a clean slate.  If Sneddon is under contract,then he has to be given a chance to prove himself.  Perhaps give him pre-season and then send him out on loan till Christmas.  He hardly kicked a ball last season so needs game time.

Rumour has it we are still after McCann from Airdrie. They've signed Rico Quitongo today so might be preparing to lose him. Having McCann and Dixon would give plenty of depth at left back. 

51 minutes ago, FalkirkBairn2021 said:

Yep, unpopular opinion probably but it's amateur shite. 

Whatever happened to the real commentator we paraded pre season?

Thinks that's a wee bit harsh on Lewis. Think he does a decent enough job. Maybe bit too safe questions asked in interviews

I'd also be looking at a new striker. Be interesting to see if Dowds gets punted for me he just hasn't done enough, he's never going to be prolific. I still think Keena can get goals for us if he stays fit and given the right service. 

1 minute ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Could be Lewis but with a different surname.

That's what I think. 😉

I’ve just been thinking, if only we’d signed Kingsley. If we’d signed him we’d have won the league. You know, cause left backs win you leagues, or so people on here were saying [emoji849]

1 hour ago, JustLuvinThepian said:

I do see Miller featuring regularly. If the gaffer does favour the 4-2-3-1 formation that his becoming the norm this weather, it would seem reasonable that Miller and Hetherington sit in front of the two centre backs. 

He did mention pre-contracts in the plural. If Williamson was one, who are the others? Suspect not Hetherington after Alloa did state that he decided to leave despite being offered a new contract.  With two more expected this week, are we thinking MacKay and Nesbitt? What about Liam Brown and Leon McCann?

Got a funny feeling that the backup keeper will also be the goalkeeping coach. Would therefore be looking at a veteran with a year or two left in them who can help Mutch  improve and work with the academy too. Makes more sense than another Cantley signing.

4-2-3-1. In the Scottish 3rd Division! REALLY? Just shoot me now.

Guest Peter LaFleur

You can definitely determine if a poster is over the age of 40 by their opinion of the 4-2-3-1 formation.

Edited by Peter LaFleur

10 minutes ago, Peter LaFleur said:

You can definitely determine if a poster is over the age of 40 by their opinion of the 4-2-3-1 formation.

"children of the 50's" literally pensioners having a go at designs and popular culture of this modern era is also a bit of a brass neck. 

Guest Ecosse83

Bit early for the formation talk lads 😂

Anyway doesn’t matter what you play 442, 433 or 4231 if the manager is good then it will work!  

21 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

That's your first post in almost 2 years, why would you be looking at P&B and feel the need to comment about a Lewis 🤔

Someone who actually uses the forum asked me, so I thought I would just put it to bed.  I don't need to hide behind an alias to air my views 

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Nickname Hulk by any chance?

Again, no.

1 minute ago, lewfal said:

Someone who actually uses the forum asked me, so I thought I would just put it to bed.  I don't need to hide behind an alias to air my views 

Again, no.

We know it’s not you...we know it’s Banta

We all know it should be 1x CH, 2x FB, 2x Half Backs, Right and Left wingers,Inside right and Inside left, and a big lump of a center forward at number 9

"children of the 50's" literally pensioners having a go at designs and popular culture of this modern era is also a bit of a brass neck. 

How are you guys feeling about your recruitment so far?  Fully expecting McCann to be a Falkirk player within the next week or so... could be a key signing for this season.  Think Falkirk will give us the biggest challenge next year if you get the right signings in, do you think Sheerin will deliver?  

30 minutes ago, FLDiamond said:

How are you guys feeling about your recruitment so far?  Fully expecting McCann to be a Falkirk player within the next week or so... could be a key signing for this season.  Think Falkirk will give us the biggest challenge next year if you get the right signings in, do you think Sheerin will deliver?  

Happy with Williamson as he's exactly what we need and Hetherington seems to be a good signing going off Alloa fans opinions. Aidan Nesbitt and Brad Mckay are the other two we've apparently signed on a pre contract. Mckay seems a bit of a donkey so I'm not buzzing at him but obviously i'll wait and see what he's like in a Falkirk shirt. Nesbitt has talent in there and really this will be his last real shot at full time football so he needs to show up. McCann would be a cracking signing but I just can't see it as surely someone in the championships been looking at him especially with him only being 21. How is he going forward? 

Why would you say that? What do you have against such a system? Please feel free to Back up why the league you play in defined the system you play
[emoji23][emoji1787][emoji23] Two "defensive mid's" to protect the back four against part-time 'jobbers'! Do me a favour.
Bet you're one of the goons on here that promote such arrant nonsense, at this level, then moan their tits off at making zero shots at Peterhead, Dumbarton & Cove; as the team fail to make the play offs.
Be gone, you utter imbecile.