The Falkirk FC Thread

People slated Yogi for giving out one year deals to players. Given 2 year deals to some of this squad could be the doing of us for next season. The likes of Cooper, Smith and Taiwo aren't good enough even at this level to stand out and I'm led to believe are on decent money.

The young kids aren't coming through as they used to in the days of Wallace, Sibbald, Fulton, McGrandles and Kingsley.

Where do we go as a club to progress? We've got the manager that the majority of the fans wanted. What do we do for next season?

Genuine question:

Do you think there was an element of luck in so many decent young players coming through in a short space of time? If so, I suppose it's no surprise that the luck runs out after a spell.

Taiwo has been one of our better players since he returned from injury. I also don't agree with the lack of young players. They are simply not being given a chance (remember how brutal Kingsley and McGrandles were when they first appeared) due to more investment in the first team and Houstie's mainly duff signings.

Genuine question:Do you think there was an element of luck in so many decent young players coming through in a short space of time? If so, I suppose it's no surprise that the luck runs out after a spell.

Absolutely. I mean there was good work behind the scenes to help these players but we were fortunate they all came through roughly at the same time.

Genuine question:

Do you think there was an element of luck in so many decent young players coming through in a short space of time? If so, I suppose it's no surprise that the luck runs out after a spell.

Nonsense. Try telling that to the players, coaches, scouts, parents etc. who were involved with their progression. The amount of time and effort was no fluke, neither was the investment into our academy.

Houston not very happy with his team tonight during interview he publicly slates Baird for not scoring when he had 4 yards either side of the player on the line to hit and he couldn't!

Wonder how huffy Baird will take that.

Looking forward to Sunday's game now.

Seeing as we've no other strikers and he's consistently found the net since he's joined us, I very much doubt he will be on the bench. Nice try though champ.

consistently from the pen spot! Nae word on Loy or is he saving himself for Dundee next season!

Nonsense. Try telling that to the players, coaches, scouts, parents etc. who were involved with their progression. The amount of time and effort was no fluke, neither was the investment into our academy.

You know you're in trouble when Trump is the guy making sense.

People slated Yogi for giving out one year deals to players. Given 2 year deals to some of this squad could be the doing of us for next season. The likes of Cooper, Smith and Taiwo aren't good enough even at this level to stand out and I'm led to believe are on decent money.

The young kids aren't coming through as they used to in the days of Wallace, Sibbald, Fulton, McGrandles and Kingsley.

Where do we go as a club to progress? We've got the manager that the majority of the fans wanted. What do we do for next season?

I broadly agree but Taiwo is a funny one to pick out when we've had Jones, Smith, Cooper, Boulding, Morgan. Maybury was brutal but seems to be doing alright as a coach. Muirhead has barely played as he was signed while injured. It's frustrating as literally a couple of decent signings amongst that lot and we'd have strolled into the playoffs.

I don't think we're far off and it should be a slightly easier league next year, but the signing record is a concern. We're potentially looking at Loy and Sibbald going. Who will he replace them with, Dale Carrick and Scott Robinson?

I broadly agree but Taiwo is a funny one to pick out when we've had Jones, Smith, Cooper, Boulding, Morgan. Maybury was brutal but seems to be doing alright as a coach. Muirhead has barely played as he was signed while injured. It's frustrating as literally a couple of decent signings amongst that lot and we'd have strolled into the playoffs.

I don't think we're far off and it should be a slightly easier league next year, but the signing record is a concern. We're potentially looking at Loy and Sibbald going. Who will he replace them with, Dale Carrick and Scott Robinson?

Taiwo is a bit harsh considering the other players you've mentioned to be fair, I'd almost forgot about half of them. I'm led to believe he's on a bigger wage than most if not all on that list and whilst it shouldn't all be about money, it's like the BOB situation. I just feel he can do much more than what he currently does as well.

Taiwo needs to be freed up to go box to box and he's certainly not a winger either. To me it's obvious it should be Kerr sitting, Vaulks and Taiwo going box to box, and Sibbald off the front two through the middle. The width should come from your full backs with Kerr sitting to give us a back three if we're being broken against on the counter attack.

Again it comes back to signings, Loy's injury means you either play crap like Morgan or Biabi to keep that shape, or shift the formation around so Sibbald and Taiwo are on the wings where they're wasted. Brutal signings are actually limiting other players as well as leaving us short of options. The big plus with our front two is their movement to open space for midfield runners (Vaulks/Taiwo/Sibbald ideally), that's been taken away by injury due to the signing failures.

Guest Back Post Misses

Genuine question:Do you think there was an element of luck in so many decent young players coming through in a short space of time? If so, I suppose it's no surprise that the luck runs out after a spell.

It hasn't run out though.

We have a good batch coming through. Three have represented their country in recent months are yet to get to the first team. One of them has bigger clubs crawling all over him but has committed to the club.

It is about hard work not luck.

Guest Back Post Misses

Taiwo needs to be freed up to go box to box and he's certainly not a winger either. To me it's obvious it should be Kerr sitting, Vaulks and Taiwo going box to box, and Sibbald off the front two through the middle. The width should come from your full backs with Kerr sitting to give us a back three if we're being broken against on the counter attack.

Again it comes back to signings, Loy's injury means you either play crap like Morgan or Biabi to keep that shape, or shift the formation around so Sibbald and Taiwo are on the wings where they're wasted. Brutal signings are actually limiting other players as well as leaving us short of options. The big plus with our front two is their movement to open space for midfield runners (Vaulks/Taiwo/Sibbald ideally), that's been taken away by injury due to the signing failures.

Pretty much sums it up. I hear Loy has a chance for Sunday. I hope he plays and gets some game time in before the semi

Guest Back Post Misses

I don't agree about Taiwo. Progression? Unfortunately everytime we have won this league we have invested properly in the first team. Hughes had his terrible season at Ochilview then we pumped serious money in to get us up. We consolidated built every year till we got too far ahead and signed the mcnamaras and mccanns of this world.

We have cleared out feet we are told. We have a new chairman who says the plan is to get back to the premier league. It is going to need investment again. Falkirk fans have stuck with the club these last 6 years when all things are considered. They turn out when they see the club trying to move forward. The Chairman needs to show his words are not just that.