The Falkirk FC Thread

46 minutes ago, Honest Saints Fan said:

Not even a Falkirk fan and these two condescending wankers have me raging after 15 mins. The "it was a statement" comment, ooooooft, read the room mate. 

12 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

The first ten minutes of that is pretty mind-blowing. What a shower of morons you lads have running the club!

Thank you.

When you, the wider audience, take this piss out of us for saying we should be doing better but are hamstrung by utter incompetence at the top level - see? We are correct.

What a total shower we have running our club. Utterly shameful and I hope that is the lowest point I have to witness. Really fear for the club and we are going nowhere in a hurry. Where we are now is what this lot think is acceptable or our level. Completely distancing themselves for responsibility for this utter shitshow they have presided over.

Ex players raising their game against ex club…..since the invention of professional football

To offer an objective (if slightly grim) outsiders view. When I was coming up in the 90s and early 00s there was a group of similar clubs, ourselves, yourselves, Dunfermline, Thistle, Raith etc who all operated on that top half of Div 1 type area for the majority of the time. Out of that group Airdrie and Falkirk have fallen the most spectacularly, ourselves having been consistently pish for longer. Worryingly for you guys, you appear to be where we were near the end under Ballantyne when the rot really set in. Apathetic board blaming the fans, hiring crap manager after crap manager, who got more inexperienced as time went on. Players who no matter how decent or not on paper we never got a turn out of. That was six years ago and it's only now we're starting to see positive progress again. We've been a league one club for a long time. That's the reality facing you with the status quo. You need to get these guys out asap.

1 hour ago, Harry Kinnear said:

The older boy,  Ken I think his name is asked a question at the meeting under the main stand that McKinnon, Lex Miller, Margaret Laing etc etc attended and came across really well. He firmly hit the nail on the head last night.

Ken Hutton is a great chap. Very knowledgeable and highly intelligent.

When Houston was Manager he accused him of not having the players fit enough. Houstie went apoplectic!!

A few months back on here I compared our Boardroom to the Fuhrer bunker when the Soviets were chapping the door.

If only these buffoons had enough self awareness to instruct one of the minions to throw the petrol on the bonfire just before they pass the pistol round.

43 minutes ago, keithgy said:

I don't understand why Colin joined the board after they way they treated his dad.

I wondered if that was Gordon's laddie.

Just watched the Q&A. oooffft.

Too many toe curling moments to mention, but the one that gets my goat most is this constant viewpoint that we can't keep getting rid of people. This was Holts favourite goto stat 63 out of 65 in 3 years turnover.

Answer? He'll target and recruit even worse players with even longer contracts so we keep them even longer! if players aren't performing you can't keep them. 

Second one was Dean's constant utterly bizarre, it makes no difference if I leave or who is in my position!? Of course it does you utter weapon. A good chairman is worth his weight in gold.

Thirdly of my worst 3, sheerin, what a disappointment.  wish I knew the answer!? I'll keep playing my way even though it patently doesn't work, and generally lacking confidence and answers. 

Those 3 are the first that need to go. the rest are hot in pursuit. the finance guy simply handled it all wrong and more unprofessional than any fan. rawlins asking for patience, 10 years of decline and attendances of 4000 while mid table third tier suggests fans are more than patient.

rally the troops!

Edited by bridge of allan bairn

14 minutes ago, bridge of allan bairn said:

Just watched the Q&A. oooffft.

Too many toe curling moments to mention, but the one that gets my goat most is this constant viewpoint that we can't keep getting rid of people. This was Holts favourite goto stat 63 out of 65 in 3 years turnover.

Answer? He'll target and recruit even worse players with even longer contracts so we keep them even longer! 

Second one was Dean's constant utterly bizarre, it makes no difference if I leave or who is in my position!? Of course it does you utterly weapon. A good chairman is worth his weight in gold.

Thirdly of my worst 3, sheerin, what a disappointment.  wish I knew the answer!? I'll keep playing my way even though it patently doesn't work, and generally lacking confidence and answers. 

Those 3 are the first that need to go. the rest are hot in pursuit. the finance guy simply handled it all wrong and more unprofessional than any fan. rawlins asking for patience, 10 years of decline and attendances of 4000 while mid table third tier suggests fans are more than patient.

rally the troops!

My thoughts exactly. Couldn't have put it better myself.

Mercer and Leitch being picked out as examples were utterly embarrassing. Both scored at the weekend ffs. Someone at the meeting referenced McKay and Durnan as another example. I'm not saying these are good players (far from it), but it sums up Holt's recruitment record so far that we haven't managed to sign better than them - despite supposedly not just releasing players for the sake of it.

Still, at the end of the day if Sheerin was getting a tune out of these players and we were sitting top of the league we'd all be quite happy. The tippy-tappy style of play, formation and team selection is hugely, hugely concerning for me. The fans have had an enormous amount of patience so far and if there isn't a swift improvement this could all turn very nasty.

Edited by NavyBlueArmy1876

To what do we owe the tone of condescension from these fuckers btw.

They have not succeeded, even by any measure you let them choose for themselves. Nothing but failure, and their attitude following up from this wont be that they have been given some idea of where improvements are needed, it will simply be, "got away with it again lads, dont need to hear from the marks again for a while".

Was there any talk of a budget for January?

If that, background interference and all, is the best they can do for audio after setting this up to be recorded and being able to utilize professional sound editing, it explains much of the malaise and lackluster management at the club. I tried to listen to it in the hopes that it wasn’t as bad a people said…it wasn’t, it’s worse.

It may take relegation to finally shift some of that lot, but the majority don’t look like they are going anywhere anything soon. Falkirk FC is in deep, deep trouble with this lot.