The Falkirk FC Thread

STFU and stop being a pussy like the rest of the moaners.

You won't hand your season ticket back.

Yes i will. Heffernan should not even be near our club, old pals act with Maybury and McDonaugh. The guy has done nothing of note since his Killie days, i see no reason why he will be any good for us, and he has had his fair share of injuries. We deserve better than him. I dont mean a Kris Boyd but surely there are better than a 33yr old freebie has been.

Yes i will. Heffernan should not even be near our club, old pals act with Maybury and McDonaugh. The guy has done nothing of note since his Killie days, i see no reason why he will be any good for us, and he has had his fair share of injuries. We deserve better than him. I dont mean a Kris Boyd but surely there are better than a 33yr old freebie has been.

Although I'm not inspired/excited by this signing, this is pure toys out of the pram type post. Maybe you should find another hobby that doesn't make you so utterly raging.

So you'll cut your nose off to spite your face?

If you've paid it upfront, you aint seeing it again.

Perhaps because by and large his player recruitment has been awful. He seems totally incapable of recruiting anyone out with Scotland, with the exception of Morgan on a recommendation of the genius that is Billy Reid! And we all know how that panned out. I dont think its too much to ask to sign one player that has a good c.v and makes you think "yeah nice one" .

Some of the posts are pathetic.

Fair enough, grump at Houston, but by god, why hang, draw and quarter players before they have kicked a competitive ball for us.

Loy was given similar treatment 2yr ago, whereas Roberts was the one who escaped it.........Hmmmmmm

We had folk slating Loy pre to him signing in an away game v Dunfermline and they werent even there......!!!

I personally dont think Heffernan is the answer on paper but like anyone who puts on the navy blue, I will save judgement till I actually see them play.

I do feel we need a bums on seat signing, something that will excite the 2000+ diehards and more importantly the lost or new supporter out there.

The thing is, there hasnt been a hell of a lot of activity out there in transfers,outside the clubs who had to buy after losing 6-7 or more players. The confirmed transfers thread is four pages and Im sure there will be a hell of a lot of activity once the season starts, where players who wanted x will have to take y.

I take on board the moans, but the one signing we have made seems to be an improvement on MacDonald.......tho wouldnt have been too hard for that......

Heffernan will score 25 goals in our march to the Championship trophy. Mind the track records of Farid, Taylor and Loy before the came to us?

Farid's record was very good before he joined us, it just wasn't at a particularly high level. Taylor at least had potential after scoring a bucket load in the English Non-League - he also had age on his side. Loy was the only one of the three to not have a reasonable scoring record before joining us.

Heffernan has been pish for years and will be 34 come the end of the year. He's done.

Perhaps because by and large his player recruitment has been awful. He seems totally incapable of recruiting anyone out with Scotland, with the exception of Morgan on a recommendation of the genius that is Billy Reid! And we all know how that panned out. I dont think its too much to ask to sign one player that has a good c.v and makes you think "yeah nice one" .

Are you paying the wages for these players with good cv's?

Look at the players that have done well for us over the past few seasons, who were brought in. None of them had particularly great cv's before they came to us.

Farid's record was very good before he joined us, it just wasn't at a particularly high level. Taylor at least had potential after scoring a bucket load in the English Non-League - he also had age on his side. Loy was the only one of the three to not have a reasonable scoring record before joining us.

Heffernan has been pish for years and will be 34 come the end of the year. He's done.

Agreed.

Thats a fair point, but ive saw heffernan a few times and he was god awful, great at getting caught offside tho. I like your optimism tho :)

He's a tireless worker, I wouldn't have been too disappointed if Dundee kept him on. He isn't technically or aesthetically pleasing on the eye, but give him a chance, he'll slot it.

I absolutely guarantee you won't.

how? I would and i wouldnt think twice either, i didnt buy it to watch duffers like heffernan and McShug, we arent a skint club so we shouldnt be signing more people that masquerade as footballers, we already have David Smith doing a sterling job of that.

how? I would and i wouldnt think twice either, i didnt buy it to watch duffers like heffernan and McShug, we arent a skint club so we shouldnt be signing more people that masquerade as footballers, we already have David Smith doing a sterling job of that.

Knickers wet? Check

Panties bunched? Check

Toys fully alighted from perambulator? Check

Roll on August.

Be interested on what you thought of Mark Millar, Higginbotham and Leahy after their first season with us.