The Falkirk FC Thread

Sibbald apart none of our midfield score many goals, we could do with a Stuart Taylor or David Moss type that can score goals on a regular basis. Shut down Sibbald and we lack creativity. Hopefully Thomas Grant and Ryan Blair can play more of a part this season.

Sibbald apart none of our midfield score many goals, we could do with a Stuart Taylor or David Moss type that can score goals on a regular basis. Shut down Sibbald and we lack creativity. Hopefully Thomas Grant and Ryan Blair can play more of a part this season.

What are the chances of history repeating itself and Sibbald being snapped up by another team just prior to the season kicking off like McGrandles last year?

You would hope that Cooper and Smith actually realise they are drinking in the last chance saloon with us anyway, i just cant see it happening though, there is a reason both were let go by their previous clubs, namely because they were shite! You can only hope one or both go through a Sam Mcgivernesque purple patch of unbelievable form for a season, but i wont hold my breath.

He started 14 games in total in his 8 seasons at Motherwell plus a handfull for Queens and Airdrie. Compare that to Loy who had far more experience of first team football when he arrived. McHugh may be 24 but he's played far less football than the likes of Sibbald whose what 20.

You said he was a young player still learning his trade. I was just pointing out that he's not.

I think it's reasonable to ask the question though as to why, at 24 and been with a club for 8 years that he's only started 14 games? That suggests to me that either Motherwell didn't think he was good enough and that includes a few managers in that time or he has a history of injury problems?

Please don't get me wrong, he's a Falkirk player now and I'll give him my full backing. Hopefully he'll come good and do a right good job for us.

In 78 first team games for 4 clubs ( two loan spells ) Loy had only scored 10 goals. His career as a scorer only took off with us. Was surprised to learn that McHugh has already made 88 first team appearances but has only scored 11. He is three years younger though. The stats ( for what they are worth ! ) are hopeful that we have signed an asset instead of an ass. That is wiki figures so I not sure it is exact!

Edited by Bigbri

McHugh will do very well but we still need a goalmouth predator or a target man to lay off balls to Baird or McHugh. Our normal game is not a big punt up the park but against teams like Alloa we need more option than trying to walk the ball into the net.

Of the 88 appearances the vast majority were as a sub. I doubt hes played 90 mins very often as hes only started about 20 games all told. Plagued with injuries mund you which stopped him appearing at all for partick in another proposed loan move. Needs to be given a chance to settle so hopefully we'll sign someone whose a bit more like the finished article to take the pressure off him.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

McHugh will do very well but we still need a goalmouth predator or a target man to lay off balls to Baird or McHugh. Our normal game is not a big punt up the park but against teams like Alloa we need more option than trying to walk the ball into the net.

Agreed. The difference in the team when the Kelpie settled in early 2014 was amazing - another player in that style would bring a good mix. Doesn't have to be fast, just direct and physical.

In 78 first team games for 4 clubs ( two loan spells ) Loy had only scored 10 goals. His career as a scorer only took off with us. Was surprised to learn that McHugh has already made 88 first team appearances but has only scored 11. He is three years younger though. The stats ( for what they are worth ! ) are hopeful that we have signed an asset instead of an ass. That is wiki figures so I not sure it is exact!

It's what McHugh does in the navy blue that matters now....the previous Farid and Taylor's careers stats after us don't look good but I'd still have both back as another striker for us if fit(fit aimed at Farid)

Signing a good striker at any level is difficult, very few are signed with the guarantee of 20+ goals. Looking around the division and outside Hibs, it's all very hmmmm..... Rangers as it stands have Miller and Clark, St Mirren Gow and Thompson, Qos Lyle,Russel and Hilson