The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I get the impression the club are almost trying to quietly wind down the youth set up. 

No permanent head of youth, a team being closed, youth scouts all resigning, no pathway to the first team, promising youngsters having to go elsewhere.

Seems to have been a bit chaotic since Jamie Swinney was put in charge of it.

I get the impression you are entirely correct!

11 hours ago, cb_diamond said:

A bit over 3700 to the current a bit over 3000 since you dropped. That's more than double your 8%. As I said earlier it's not a kick in the arse off a reduction of one-fifth of your average gate.

You can't count two crowds where you were only allowed 500 folk in due to govt regulations FFS. It's 3700 to 3400. Jesus wept man.

1 hour ago, Shadwell Dog said:

You can't count two crowds where you were only allowed 500 folk in due to govt regulations FFS. It's 3700 to 3400. Jesus wept man.

Fair enough, I'll hold my hands up on that one, I'll happily concede the point and agree with your assertation that your average crowd since 2017 has only actually dropped to your newly self adjusted estimate figure of 3400 from the 2017 figure of 5000+ and won't use the officially recorded figure of 3000 as mentioned by yourself in your post earlier.

😂

29 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

Fair enough, I'll hold my hands up on that one, I'll happily concede the point and agree with your assertation that your average crowd since 2017 has only actually dropped to your newly self adjusted estimate figure of 3400 from the 2017 figure of 5000+ and won't use the officially recorded figure of 3000 as mentioned by yourself in your post earlier.

😂

Great news!  Are we all friends again?

27 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

😂

Christ it's no feckin rocket science. No point including two attendances where the crowd was limited by the blooming govt surely even someone from Airdrie can grasp that . The other 16 games give you a more accurate figure of our average which was 3400.

In 2017 you also have to take into account that we had away supports from Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline who bring slightly more than cove, Airdrie or Montrose for e.g. 

4 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

Christ it's no feckin rocket science. No point including two attendances where the crowd was limited by the blooming govt surely even someone from Airdrie can grasp that . The other 16 games give you a more accurate figure of our average which was 3400.

I clearly accepted that and can happily concede your point, was that lost in translation? We agreed that the online figure of 2400, was too low, then your original figure of 3000 was too low and we're currently landing on the figure you worked out on a napkin of 3400, so unless you want to round up to 4000 then we'll call quits for your blood pressure if nothing else.

18 hours ago, glasgow_bairn said:

A Partick Thistle fan sent me a TikTok by Sammy Ompreon from earlier in the season. He documents his daily routine at the club. Breakfast from 9.30-10.30, then on pitch training from 10.30-11.45, lunch till 13.00 and then the gym before having a shower then home.

This surely has to be an obvious reason as to why we have performed so poorly this season. An hour and a bit of on pitch training? Is that the norm nowadays?

You'd be surpised at how little professional footballers actually train.  A mate of mine was full time at The Caley in our first season in the SPL and he was still at home at 9 in the morning and was in the snooker hall by half 12.

Just now, cb_diamond said:

I clearly accepted that and can happily concede your point, was that lost in translation? We agreed that the online figure of 2400, was too low, then your original figure of 3000 was too low and we're currently landing on the figure you worked out on a napkin of 3400, so unless you want to round up to 4000 then we'll call quits for your blood pressure if nothing else.

See it's quite simple really you add all the attendances up accept the two limited ones and divide by 16. That's not an estimate it's not a made up figure written on a napkin  it's exactly what the average attendance outside those two games was.  My original figure wasnt 3000 anyway it was 3400. 

1 minute ago, TheScarf said:

You'd be surpised at how little professional footballers actually train.  A mate of mine was full time at The Caley in our first season in the SPL and he was still at home at 9 in the morning and was in the snooker hall by half 12.

Yeah this seems to be reasonably normal from what I've seen. You don't want players training for more than a couple of hours a day, if you do that they'll be knackered come Saturday.

5 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

In 2017 you also have to take into account that we had away supports from Dundee United, Hibs and Dunfermline who bring slightly more than cove, Airdrie or Montrose for e.g. 

Statistics Statistics and damn lies. The situation will be clearer once ST sales start.

To be realistic there will be a downturn due to various factors. Standard of football, way club has been run, people stopped going due to the pandemic and never came back. But the big factor will be peoples disposable income. Personal finances are and will be continued to be eroded and sadly for many there will be no choice but to cut back on ST - pick and chose the games - stop going. 

That's why careful thinking required on the budget for next season. Get that wrong then the future of the club is at risk.

Worrying times for all

17 hours ago, Shadwell Dog said:

It's just over 3000 if you include the two games that were restricted attendance.

15 minutes ago, Shadwell Dog said:

See it's quite simple really you add all the attendances up accept the two limited ones and divide by 16. That's not an estimate it's not a made up figure written on a napkin  it's exactly what the average attendance outside those two games was.  My original figure wasnt 3000 anyway it was 3400. 

As I said according to yourself the actual, legal, official figure is c. 3000. However (again), I'm happy to accept your personal amended figure whatever medium you wrote or typed it on as fair for the circumstances and as I said earlier it is a more modest (albeit around a tenth) reduction on the last equivalent year, which was a substantial drop on the year before, which was a substantial drop on the year before when you were 13 places higher in the SPFL pyramid than you've been over the past two seasons. I've no idea why you're still upset. "It's not rocket science" after all...

Edited by cb_diamond

17 minutes ago, TheScarf said:

Didn't know Todorov was at you lot when you were in the SPL. 

9 minutes ago, cb_diamond said:

As I said according to yourself the actual, legal, official figure is c. 3000. However (again), I'm happy to accept your personal amended figure as fair for the circumstances and as I said earlier it is a more modest (albeit around a tenth) reduction on the last equivalent year, which was a substantial drop on the year before, which was a substantial drop on the year before when you were 13 places higher in the SPFL pyramid than you've been over the past two seasons. I've no idea why you're still upset. "It's not rocket science" after all...

Home fan  attendances haven't changed that much though incredibly enough.  The crowds in 2017 were boosted by away supports of around 1800 on at least 6 occasions.  In league one your lucky if you get 200 from away supports with some only double figures. Compared to some other clubs who have spent seasons down here our crowds have held up pretty well.

Edited by Shadwell Dog