The Falkirk FC Thread

I don't think you could criticise the marketing side. The "family" pish grates but that is a personal choice and some of the schemes are just scams eg write a message on the tunnel is just garbage.

The club had to build on the momentum and try and keep people interested. What would have interested them? A couple of players who were going to excite the support would have been a start. I also think the hollow words from the chairman about getting promoted should have been backed up with some actions. If it is not this year tell the punters some sort of timescale. Just be open, transparent and above all honest.

Inverness won the thing and lost a lot of their players, put about 280 on the crowd, don't have budget to replace injured players and I reckon they will finish bottom 6..... Apart from the latter part, where is their progress ?

There is no way any chairman can put a timescale on achieving aims set, his words at previous meeting were that it is their aim to get promotion and budgets will need to be used when the time is right, it is like any promise in football open and fact of the matter is bigger budgets don't guarantee success

I think the best we can hope for is getting a player recruitment for next season started in January and obviously assisting this season, tho still think you need to finish 2nd with any real chance of promotion via play offs.

I don't think any of the hardcore fans can be surprised about this season, could do better but from chairman to manager, they will struggle to appease a large portion of the hardcore fans this season never mind the any newer ones

After Tuesday no one is worried about us for sure. You are deluding yourself if you think we are any better than mediocre

Yawn. Look, I can be as belligerent as you are being.

Top 4 finish this season. Without breaking the bank to come 2nd.

Perhaps if I post this a couple of times a day the tone of the tread will reflect our actual performance so far this season.

So, hilariously, after tomorrows game between Sevco and Hibs, at worst, we'll be 3rd. Early days I know but you'd have thought we were staring relegation in the face reading this thread.

Not 2nd.

Who are you trying to kid, yourself?

Yes we may be 3rd after tomorrow but how long for?

It's not as if we've swept teams aside, we haven't played any of the big teams yet. We have been far from convincing in the opening 3 games and I know some of the P & B stalwarts will point towards 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I think Meatloaf once sang about that

Let's wait to see where we are after the first round of games before we get the fanfares organised.

Who are you trying to kid, yourself?

Yes we may be 3rd after tomorrow but how long for?

It's not as if we've swept teams aside, we haven't played any of the big teams yet. We have been far from convincing in the opening 3 games and I know some of the P & B stalwarts will point towards 2 out of 3 ain't bad. I think Meatloaf once sang about that

Let's wait to see where we are after the first round of games before we get the fanfares organised.

So winning convincingly gets you more points?

Or before you shit your pants.

No but it makes you confident when we play Rangers, Hibs, Queens etc, we will be able to compete. I suppose we won't know this until we face them.

That's correct. Yet your pants are a right state.

Was talking to guy before the game who might be signing. I'd say an exciting prospect, has played at international level...forward about 6ft....he said he has pace...played down south had games in premiership.

The target I heard had been no where near international football, he was 6' mind you.

Yawn. Look, I can be as belligerent as you are being.

Top 4 finish this season. Without breaking the bank to come 2nd.

Perhaps if I post this a couple of times a day the tone of the tread will reflect our actual performance so far this season.

I don't think many are disagreeing that is sensible approach. Will we be good enough to get there is the debate. I certainly am not advocating bursting the bank.

I am more sceptical, because if track record and first hand knowledge that we will ever go and try to win this league again with the current club owners. I am not convinced they can be bothered with the hassle and hard work that will bring.

Jesus christ you doom gloom merchants are turning this into another Onef. 7 points from 9 is our best start to a league campaign since we have been down in this division.

It's actually amusing how quiet Onef is just now after we win a game. The tossers on there are probably seething we won yesterday :1eye

Another dream fan.

For what it is worth I think we will probably get to the play offs. If we get another striker then I would bet on it.

It ain't the greatest to watch however.

Debate is healthy pal.

Tuesday aside, I actually think we've played pretty well in the competitive games. Created a number of chances and are unlucky to not be sitting on maximum points. Although I couldn't make the East Fife game so can't comment.

Agree with BPM in that when we add another striker, added to what we already have, will see us finish in at least 4th, if not better.

I personally think St Mirren will struggle this season and QOS will fade away.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

Another dream fan.

For what it is worth I think we will probably get to the play offs. If we get another striker then I would bet on it.

It ain't the greatest to watch however.

Debate is healthy pal.

Dream fan?

I'm happy we have 7 points from 9 and our best start to a season for years if that makes me a dream fan then i suppose I am.

Peterhead aside we haven't been bad this season. If we beat Dumbarton on Friday then we will be in good shape.

I am more sceptical, because if track record and first hand knowledge that we will ever go and try to win this league again with the current club owners. I am not convinced they can be bothered with the hassle and hard work that will bring.

With this in mind, what is our objective as a football team, is it merely to exist?

If so, what about all the supporters out there that are unhappy with the way their club is being run? Do the BOD honestly believe that our fan base is happy with mediocrity in the second tier.

No wonder our supporters numbers are reducing, let's make sure we stay in the championship but we're not bold enough to give our honest supporters a modicum of belief that we genuinely want out this league, it appears to me we are happy to roll over and have our tummies tickled by the big boys.

I am aware we cannot compete financially with two of the teams in this league but we could certainly be making more of a fist and building a team by getting in some better signings if indeed many of you are predicting we spend, spend, spend next season. Building a team takes some time and we need to start now.

Dream fan?

I'm happy we have 7 points from 9 and our best start to a season for years if that makes me a dream fan then i suppose I am.

Peterhead aside we haven't been bad this season. If we beat Dumbarton on Friday then we will be in good shape.

And top of the league to boot!

Mediocrity ingrained. Directors dream fan.

I don't expect anyone to keep tabs on my witterings on P&B but if you had you'd know that that statement was very far from the truth.

I've repeatedly criticised the club on here and, indeed, in person - but only when it's been merited.