The Falkirk FC Thread

Again I have to say that we can only sign players who are available and willing to play for the wages on offer. There is not a big pool of good exciting players on the market who fit the bill. Loan signings from top ranked English clubs involving their young players is a way forward but for every Stokes you get a dud

Loan signings from top ranked English clubs involving their young players is a way forward but for every Stokes you get a dud

Doesn't have to be Top or English clubs but we haven't really took advantage of the loan market since the SPL days.

Millar aside in the Holt season, it's been crap loans or not bother, if the player is worth it, we should abuse the system, majority of other clubs do. We should've at least got a loan player in when Loy was out

Agreed. You would think with our Peters time in the game he must have made at least a couple of friends in management who could farm a young player to us. Apparently not . Think he is Peter nae Pals

Edited by Bigbri

The one I was told about has signed elsewhere

I see that john daly has knocked back a more lucrative deal from a rival to sign for Raith. I hope to feck that wasnt us. Not only would it be another slap in the face surely after miller signing we dont need another big lump up front. Maybe it was st mirren, qos or hibs .

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Doesn't have to be Top or English clubs but we haven't really took advantage of the loan market since the SPL days.

Millar aside in the Holt season, it's been crap loans or not bother, if the player is worth it, we should abuse the system, majority of other clubs do. We should've at least got a loan player in when Loy was out

Rogers looks not too shabby.

We can't afford (or won't pay) the level we got before and they won't send players to the Scottish Championship (unless of course you are Sevco playing in front of 50,000)

Edited by Back Post Misses

I see that john daly has knocked back a more lucrative deal from a rival to sign for Raith. I hope to geck that wasnt us. Not only would it be another slap in the face surely after miller signing we dont need another big lump up front. Maybe it was st mirren, qos or hibs .

Turned down Hibs according to the Sun

Turned down Hibs according to the Sun

Good. Yeah Shankland looks a good prospect. You'd think we could've enquired regarding him when doing the Rogers deal.

If indeed Preston was a target its a pretty poor show that we cant even compete with Ayr United for players.

Edited by Shadwell Dog

Good. Yeah Shankland looks a good prospect. You'd think we could've enquired regarding him when doing the Rogers deal.

If indeed Preston was a target its a pretty poor show that we cant even compete with Ayr United for players.

I'd be amazed if we couldn't compete with Ayr.

Most likely is that he'd be bit part player here and a guaranteed starter there.

Yeah still need a striker who knows where the net is, although it doesn't help if Houston sets up with his "try not to lose" ethos and plays one up front. Baird never won one high ball played up to him on Saturday. Still a bit early days to judge Miller as he hasn't really kicked a ball yet, and i hope for McHugh's sake he's not going to be another injury prone striker, had enough of that nonsense with Carl Finnigan, that bloke could get injured walking into a breeze. We certainly can't rely on our full backs scoring every week.

I note now that St Mirren are interested in Shankland. Hope we're not missing the boat on this one and that we have better irons in the fire.

I've got a friend who supports St Mirren and he's been mentioning the Shankland deal for a while now, I haven't read anything about us being interested so far.

I note now that St Mirren are interested in Shankland. Hope we're not missing the boat on this one and that we have better irons in the fire.

Assuming the guy I mentioned who watched us on Saturday and last Tuesday is knocking around it's fair to say we have other irons in the fire.

I never said he was a target merely we had looked at him.