The Falkirk FC Thread

As I have said before somewhere on the forum, the season Chelsea won the champions league, they were brutal to watch, scraped by teams through out the competition and were happy to park the bus. I don't think for one second any of their fans would of been complaining when they ended up winning it this way. If you can be play bad and still win then surely that is a good thing.

Surely you realise that winning the Champions League is a but different from beating Morton or Dumbarton by the odd goal?

My memory is a little hazy but I can't remember Chelsea losing five goals at home to Peterhead or being destroyed 7-0 by Ross County either.

Queens are a totally different animal from the team we played against last season. They've lost a bundle of players and where last season they'd have come and attacked us this season their understandably a lot more defensive minded in away games. Fowler I reckon will be quite happy to finish mid table as he builds for next season. Doesn't mean though that we won't see them setting up differently with new personnel next year.

Surely you realise that winning the Champions League is a but different from beating Morton or Dumbarton by the odd goal?

My memory is a little hazy but I can't remember Chelsea losing five goals at home to Peterhead or being destroyed 7-0 by Ross County either.

Aye of course, I was exaggerating our circumstance to try and put the point across that winning ugly is still winning at the end of the day. Surely you see that ?

Your second comment...eh aye good one M9 never realised that!!

Having a look at our home start last season against similar standard teams (Rangers game apart):

Dumbarton 1-1

QOS 1-1

Alloa 2-1

Livingston 0-0

4 goals for, 3 goals against, 5 points

This season:

Raith 1-0

Dumbarton 2-1

QOS 0-0

Morton 1-0

4 goals, 1 goals against, 10 points.

Double to points against similar teams. There is no argument to be had.

Having a look at our home start last season against similar standard teams (Rangers game apart):

Dumbarton 1-1

QOS 1-1

Alloa 2-1

Livingston 0-0

This season:

Raith 1-0

Dumbarton 2-1

QOS 0-0

Morton 1-0

This is a Falkirk thread, there are always arguments to be had.

This time last year we had 10pts, 8 goals for & 11 against.

Currently (before tonight's fixture) we are at 18pts, 12 goals for 9 against.

Yes it's not been pretty at times but we are more effective. No reason we can't finish 2nd and best of the rest IMHO.

Huge game tonight, a win takes us back to 2nd. A draw is not the worst either in all honesty as keeps us very much in the mix for 2nd.

Sent from my iPhone using Pie & Bovril

This time last year fans were saying we were shit and wanted Housties head. This year we have 8 points more and fans

Say we are shit and want Housties head!

We are shit but i don't want Houstie's head

If you pay with peanuts you generally get monkeys. That's obviously what denied us a goal scorer during transfer window despite chasing a few. Think PH needs to get us a major rethink by the board for next season. No good spending much this season as promotion is a very big ask. But you never know. Don't think many or any of our competitors are much better than us ( perhaps Sevco ) so we could be lucky.

How did you ever get over shipping 8 to Celtic or 7 to Rangers ;)

Dumbarton 1-1

QOS 1-1

Alloa 2-1

Livingston 0-0

This season:

Raith 1-0

Dumbarton 2-1

QOS 0-0

Morton 1-0

Pining for the toothless passing game that Hughes gave us.

How did you ever get over shipping 8 to Celtic or 7 to Rangers ;)

Pining for the toothless passing game that Hughes gave us.

The toothless passing game that got us into Europe, won this crappy league twice, finish seventh in the country twice and never saw us relegated from the top flight.

If you think this is more exciting or better than any of the Yogi seasons except 03/04 you need sectioned. We've been shite every season since the big man left.

EDIT: The football under Yogi was a joy to watch too.

Edited by Marshmallo

The toothless passing game that got us into Europe, won this crappy league twice, finish seventh in the country twice and never saw us relegated from the top flight.

If you think this is more exciting or better than any of the Yogi seasons except 03/04 you need sectioned. We've been shite every season since the big man left.

EDIT: The football under Yogi was a joy to watch too.

The only time where it was nearly as enoyable was when Higgy/Farid were on form the first half of that season.