The Falkirk FC Thread

Not if your period for comparison is an arbitrary 10/12 years. We are in November with only 2 defeats (to the 2 sides with far more resources than us). It should have been 1 if it hadn't been for Alan Muir's intervention. 2 horror shows in the cups but I couldn't give a f**k. The positive is the performances are getting stronger.

The team and staff deserve credit for how well we're doing.

So many are quick to slaughtered us when things are going bad and IMO there's not enough credit when we're doing well.

Nothing is achieved but it's a good time to be a Bairn. COYB

This. The performances on the park adding to the news of a 7 figure profit last season, well done to all at the club.

Also, I make that 15 goals from 29 starts in the league for Baird in the navy blue. Added to that, a few assists and runs himself in to ground every game :wub:

Well done to all at the club. When we went one down today the crowd did not panic as there is a feeling that this team knows how to win games. That's a first for a long time. We have had spells where we played great followed by a few shockers. This season ( so far ) we have been winning the games we should win and have been unlucky in the games against the teams above us. Over the last few weeks opposition fans are saying we know how to take our chances and are cutting through teams. That's a new one for us.

The close season signings are beginning to bed into the team well ( ok Watson is prone to the odd moment of deftness ). Just hope that we keep this up to the end of the season and see what happens. Even if we did not get promoted we will still have the seeds of a challenging team for next season. Good times!

Sent from my iPad using Pie & Bovril

This. The performances on the park adding to the news of a 7 figure profit last season, well done to all at the club.

Also, I make that 15 goals from 29 starts in the league for Baird in the navy blue. Added to that, a few assists and runs himself in to ground every game :wub:

Baird is fast becoming a huge player for us who's building a great rapport with the fans. You can tell he lives for scoring goals through his celebrations.

He's been a nomadic type player but hopefully he can stick around with us for 3/4 seasons and become a Falkirk legend. We could just about have him in his prime.....time will tell.

Edited by COYB_RAB

And without us dropping in all the time, it would be much harder to remind us that your crowds are twice the size of ours, you're doing pretty well this season and Baird scores goals.We're actually doing you a service.

What were QOS doing with Baird that made him poor last season?

What were QOS doing with Baird that made him poor last season?

I think he picked up an injury pre-season. Lyle and Reilly (both good players) did well for us while he was out.

I thought he did fine for us and was disappointed when he left.

Edited by Distant Doonhamer

I think he picked up an injury pre-season. Lyle and Reilly (both good players) did well for us while he was out.

I thought he did fine for us and was disappointed when he left.

This. Baird wasnt awful and a lot of the criticism when he left was exaggerated and more down to the way he and Kerr left. But he isnt as good as either Lyle or Reilly so his opportunities were limited.

This. Baird wasnt awful and a lot of the criticism when he left was exaggerated and more down to the way he and Kerr left. But he isnt as good as either Lyle or Reilly so his opportunities were limited.

Pretty much this, but not entirely.

You're right in saying that his contribution was played down further because the perceived nature of his departure pissed people off. He hadn't been awful for us, but it's also true that he really hadn't been great either.

I don't think that upon arrival he was anticipated to be not as good as Lyle. Lyle usurping him was a combination of Lyle being excellent and Baird being disappointing in front of goal (and I always thought in his hold up play too, although I know not everyone agrees), rather than just a case of the first bit.

Some players - particularly front ones - just seem to fit better in some places than others. I think it's a question of that really.

He maybe didn't have as good a time at Queens as Lyle or Reilly but he's better than both in general. His performances for us have shown that and he's been superb at this level before.