The Falkirk FC Thread

…….and it’s worth saying that McGlynn’s post match interview today was truly excellent. The last minute of it thanking everyone and wanting everyone to be involved was really really good.

1 hour ago, Baggio said:

On the subject of Nesbitt, I thought he was his usual powder puff self and lacking conviction in his game. Until he moved to the right where he was like a new player, purpose and direction culminating in the cross for the goal.

First game I have enjoyed in a very long time. Feels good.

Ahem... I said after the Airdrie game he would be more effective out wide 😏

15 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

…….and it’s worth saying that McGlynn’s post match interview today was truly excellent. The last minute of it thanking everyone and wanting everyone to be involved was really really good.

Aye although bit concerning that he can't tell the difference between nesbitt and burrell.😂

2 hours ago, Tea and Busquets said:

That was outstanding. Apart from the 15 minutes or so at the start of the second half it was complete domination. We went through a spell fearing where goals would come from and now I feel we will score with every attack. Could easily have scored 5+ again today for the third game in a row. I’m glad McCann managed to continue he’s such a great player and gives us so much going forward. Already said my opinion on Alegria. Too many on here wrote him off simply due to what Partick fans said. Some players suit certain teams etc and the fact he’s still young and will continue to learn. I honestly think he’s such a vital part of the way we attack. McGinn, what more can I say? He’s utter immense. He’s everywhere and a real leader. Donaldson is another one that looks a class signing. Can’t get too carried away as being typical Falkirk we’ll probably lose to Kelty next week but grounds for optimism. Consistency will be key. 

So far so good lets wait till we have played everybody one and we will have a better idea of how we stand.

The main thing that all other aspects of the team performance come from is that we look as if we have a system where everybody knows what they are doing.

A joy to watch at times today which hasn't been said often in the last few years.  

Everyone contributed today, big save from Hogarth at 2.v.1 too.  Think we'll see Henderson and Donaldson start if fit from here. 

Nesbitt and Morrison both did well, McGuffie fairly anonymous until hooked.  Thought Burrell looked a real find, would like to see both him and Alegria up top together. 

Brilliant goal from Lawal though did think he looked a bit lightweight and struggling to impose himself up to that point then a superb run and header.  

Third happy Saturday night on the bounce, long may it continue! 🍺. Airdrie game aside, a great start to the John McGlynn era through the cup group stage & the league campaign.

Subs were perfectly timed today & all made a difference to how we started that 2nd half. 

Bring on Dundee in the cup! 

5 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Third happy Saturday night on the bounce, long may it continue! 🍺. Airdrie game aside, a great start to the John McGlynn era through the cup group stage & the league campaign.

Subs were perfectly timed today & all made a difference to how we started that 2nd half. 

The McG lynn factor he will drag Falkirk kicking and screaming to the playoffs,   it won't be pretty though...

24 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Pretty sure the subs were ready to come on when the penalty was awarded.

We were really struggling at that point to get out from the bit, but when they came on they absolutely owned the game.

18 minutes ago, Passionate said:

The McG lynn factor he will drag Falkirk kicking and screaming to the playoffs,   it won't be pretty though...

8 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

To be fair it was pretty today.

Yeah, we are playing some decent stuff. No long ball/percentages patter.

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

Aye although bit concerning that he can't tell the difference between nesbitt and burrell.😂

Colour blind……….that’s a huge plus nowadays.

Another impressive aspect for me is not his undoubted success in bringing in players better than what we have seen in the recent past, but his man management in getting performances out of a few who were pretty much written off last season.

Nesbitt, McKay and McCann have all made contributions and performances miles ahead of anything they gave us last season. That cannot simply be down to them being being “terrible”. A huge component in that has to be how they were managed last season. I think it’s fairly obvious that McGlynn possesses man management skills miles ahead of last season’s two coaches.

Over the moon Alegria got his goal today as he's been getting unwarranted stick on here left right and centre when in reality his performances have been decent. Also really liked his post match interview talking about just continuing to work hard and the rest will follow.

I wasn't able to make the game today but it's the first time in god knows how long I've not been shitting my pants at 2-1, I had faith in the team we now have to go on and win the game as opposed to capitulating and losing it.

One point off the top with the scum still to play, COYB!