The Falkirk FC Thread

Guest Ecosse83

I think if Oliver had the option to extend himself it would have been announced before now, he’s not exactly going to be inundated with offers! 

2 hours ago, bairn88 said:

Falkirk TV team leaving and no replacement lined up - wonder why they're going. Shame. 

After 10 years probably had enough. I don’t think enough people appreciate how much the volunteers do at our club. Sometimes it’s only when they leave it’s understood. The TV role is a massive commitment and good luck to those that are prepared to take it on. Especially when they read some of the stuff on here. 

41 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

With 14 signed, we’re looking at possibly only 6 more signings (2 of whom are likely to be goalkeepers) so every one must be a starter for me.

Could be we only go with 1 experienced GK & use the modern apprentice GK on the bench. Let’s face it, we just get a 7 day loan in for a GK if we need it, as others have done. 

If we are indeed going with a squad of 21/22 not inc the young development players then here is my tuppence worth.

NEW GK 

———

Leon McCann

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Sean Mackie

NEW RB

NEW CB

NEW CB

———

Stephen McGinn

Aiden Nesbitt

Callumn Morrison

Finn Yeats

Ola Lawal

Liam Henderson

NEW CM

NEW LW

NEW CAM

———

Alfredo Agyeman

Gary Oliver

Jordan Allan

Ross McIver

NEW CF

Plus the modern apprentices of which, 1 is a GK who could be on the bench. 

3 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Could be we only go with 1 experienced GK & use the modern apprentice GK on the bench. Let’s face it, we just get a 7 day loan in for a GK if we need it, as others have done. 

I wouldn’t support that personally. You don’t want a player who knows they’re going to start every week regardless of performances. Also, imagine we’re in a title decider up at Cove, our goalkeeper gets injured and you’re left bringing on a 17 year old kid. Not for me.

Was almost a stick on Oliver would be staying he's one of McGlynn's favourites. Still a downer though. Not surprised PJ has left. When you sign a permanent keeper then he can't get a game for loanees one of whom was no better, then that's got to be a bit of a kick in the nuts. Looking at the retained list it's not great, McGlynn will really need a good few additions of much better quality. 

1 minute ago, RC55 FFC said:

If we are indeed going with a squad of 21/22 not inc the young development players then here is my tuppence worth.

NEW GK 

———

Leon McCann

Brad McKay

Coll Donaldson

Sean Mackie

NEW RB

NEW CB

NEW CB

———

Stephen McGinn

Aiden Nesbitt

Callumn Morrison

Finn Yeats

Ola Lawal

Liam Henderson

NEW CM

NEW LW

NEW CAM

———

Alfredo Agyeman

Gary Oliver

Jordan Allan

Ross McIver

NEW CF

Plus the modern apprentices of which, 1 is a GK who could be on the bench. 

I’d be surprised if we went with 5 strikers on the books in what will probably be a 1 striker formation.

1 hour ago, SouthStander1876 said:

When has a player ever had a contract with a clause which meant they decided to extend it

Amount of games played? McCracken had those before 

55 minutes ago, AGPar said:

No surprise whatsoever at this news. The list of players retained gives the squad very much a same old, same old feeling when I think a significant refresh was required after the absolute disaster that was the conclusion to last season. 

Squad has very little spine to it - in any sense. Can only hope that any further additions are guaranteed starters every week, we're already oversubscribed with filler/back-up/squad player types.

Genuinely thought we had a half decent spine when we had the run of games where we looked like giving our neighbours competition. No need to remind anyone that todays confirmation of who’s staying, puts enormous pressure on who McGlynn brings in.

Think we can expect far lower numbers of new faces than many were expecting. Trying to keep positive……………..

6 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I’d be surprised if we went with 5 strikers on the books in what will probably be a 1 striker formation.

He may see Agyeman as a winger and Gary Oliver's barely a striker so you never know.

But that gets me is he was bleating on about conceding too many goals. If your keeping the entire defence that played a significant part in that then how does he hope it's going to get better? A new keeper who is decent will help but when you have a combination of Donaldson/Mackie/McKay in front of you they are still going to gift chances and goals. Is Watson going to be the saviour if he gets fit and earns a deal in pre season I don't think so. He needs to try and shift more imo especially when we are a bit top heavy at centre half if you factor in Henderson. 

20 minutes ago, Big chungus said:

Trying to stay positive but we really need some new signings that can freshen things up and ultimately win the league. Oliver is not the one I’m afraid.

There will be another 6-8 to come in IMO. Plenty of time 

11 minutes ago, PedroMoutinho said:

I think Agyeman will be more on the wing & Oliver in the hole so room for one more imho.