The Falkirk FC Thread

10 hours ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Just watched it. Very good. Not sure why anyone would have a problem with it. Poking fun at themselves and supporting their club.

Im sure you know by now that a section of our fan base just like to greet and moan about absolutely anything. 

59 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Still salty about it I see.  My point remains the same - if you're going to make personal comments about people (as SD does on a regular basis) then you better be prepared to take them too.  As my auld granny used to say "Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

My personal life has feck all to do with Falkirk football club though which  this thread is all about . The people who made a complete arse of running our club most definitely have though. I don't give a feck whatever else they get up to in their lives but I do give a feck that they nearly put the club under and made a whole raft of awful decisions culminating in one of the most embarrassing nights the club has ever had at the inchyra hotel. That should make any Falkirk fan furious and to be honest calling them cretins is letting them off lightly considering the damage they caused.

4 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Thanks to a friend of the podcast who works in the stadium, see another pic/angle of theprogress of the new 4G pitch. Looks like the work on the replacement floodlights has started too👌🏼

5396db0c-8cb3-43c7-aead-effdc2374397.thumb.jpeg.6ae93f7c481523bc1e950bc5849f98d1.jpeg

Hopefully if we get back on tv the ‘pundits’ don’t complain about how shit our floodlights are now that they are being upgraded 

10 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

See the posts that single people out like this are a real problem for me. We had a terrible remark directed at SD a week or so ago and now this. It’s not hard, respect the fact we’re anonymous and if somebody’s identity is known for whatever reason, don’t hide behind your anonymity while targeting them. 

Agree with your sentiment but something struck me whilst reading it so had to check back to make sure my memory wasn’t deluding me. You slated Lewis and Stuart’s commentary for being negative and embarrassing at times. You also accused them of relishing when we had a bad spell.

I defended them at the time so your post doesn’t seem in keeping with what you’ve previously said on here and given that Lewis has now left his role maybe it’s worth reflecting on! 

Edited by Van_damage

27 minutes ago, Hisingdoon said:

Hopefully if we get back on tv the ‘pundits’ don’t complain about how shit our floodlights are now that they are being upgraded 

The floodlights were really poor for TV coverage to be honest and badly needed changed so great to see the club replacing them. 

10 hours ago, Brockvillenomore said:

See the posts that single people out like this are a real problem for me. We had a terrible remark directed at SD a week or so ago and now this. It’s not hard, respect the fact we’re anonymous and if somebody’s identity is known for whatever reason, don’t hide behind your anonymity while targeting them. 

I have no idea about a remark made elsewhere. 

Nobody was targeted. What was said was that some people on here refuse to acknowledge that the new BOD do make mistakes. Likely cause it’s their chums. 

2 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

I have no idea about a remark made elsewhere. 

Nobody was targeted. What was said was that some people on here refuse to acknowledge that the new BOD do make mistakes. Likely cause it’s their chums. 

This Board have made mistakes. Rennie was one example where it did not work out. They have made the odd comms mistake too. However their track record over the last 20 months overall has been good. I have no issues being critical when I think it is justified. So stop posting unfounded shite. 

2 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

This Board have made mistakes. Rennie was one example where it did not work out. They have made the odd comms mistake too. However their track record over the last 20 months overall has been good. I have no issues being critical when I think it is justified. So stop posting unfounded shite. 

I didn’t even quote you “son” so relax. 

15 hours ago, AriG-FFC said:

He was adamant but I said about Davy Mac and he said he heard from a reliable source. I find it very hard to believe to be fair 

Considering that on their own personal social media and also on the club stated that they are both watching the games from the stands rather than the gantry, then your source seems to be pulling your leg.

2 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

Still salty about it I see.  My point remains the same - if you're going to make personal comments about people (as SD does on a regular basis) then you better be prepared to take them too.  As my auld granny used to say "Don't dish it out if you can't take it."

You don't have a point. You're behaving like an arsehole. 

No one on an anonymous football forum is duty bound to have their identity outed and personal attacks made. They are only duty bound to post within the rules of the forum owner. 

So with that in mind, and from behind my cloak of Batfink strength anonymity....  Shut the f**k up you absolute bore

7 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

You don't have a point. You're behaving like an arsehole. 

No one on an anonymous football forum is duty bound to have their identity outed and personal attacks made. They are only duty bound to post within the rules of the forum owner. 

So with that in mind, and from behind my cloak of Batfink strength anonymity....  Shut the f**k up you absolute bore

Aye, I'm the arsehole.  Jog on.

Guest Brockvillenomore
4 hours ago, RC_Bairn said:

So his “personal” comments were directed at you? 

Guest Brockvillenomore
2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Agree with your sentiment but something struck me whilst reading it so had to check back to make sure my memory wasn’t deluding me. You slated Lewis and Stuart’s commentary for being negative and embarrassing at times. You also accused them of relishing when we had a bad spell.

I defended them at the time so your post doesn’t seem in keeping with what you’ve previously said on here and given that Lewis has now left his role maybe it’s worth reflecting on! 

Lewis and Stuart had a public face and should be praised or critiqued on their work accordingly. Like the board, the players, the management team, CEO etc. 

By your logic we shouldn’t criticise the board etc?