The Falkirk FC Thread

Having talked about other ways and means of supporting the club, I’m just doing a wee service for Mark who runs the Equity Bairns. Was briefly mentioned by @grumpyoldmanbut I’ll expand.

The equity Bairns has been running for 7 years. Members sponsor shirts with any increments of £10 that they want to pledge. At the end of the season the shirts are then raffled for members to raise money for charity.

Last year Equity Bairns sponsored 7 shirts, raising over £3500 for the club and over £1600 for different charities. 

He is currently taking pledges for this coming season so if you want to become a member then send an email to markj@bluewin.ch

You can also follow the Facebook page to keep in touch with the latest details. 

EQB.png

Edited by Van_damage

3 hours ago, BooBairn said:

The crunchy carrot patter is nothing less than absolutely mortifying. 

Everyone is talking about it. Just what the sponsor wants. There is nothing wrong with the video IMO 

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Everyone is talking about it. Just what the sponsor wants. There is nothing wrong with the video IMO 

Other than being just some awful patter and a tad embarrassing there is nothing wrong with the video. 

This 'no bad publicity' line is fine from the point of view of the sponsor, but it just adds to the point and laugh nature that our club has become in relation to Scottish football. With the club still viewed as a bit of a laughing stock I'd be expecting Crunchy Carrots to cool it with the nonsense.

Forgive me if this has already been covered only dip in here now and again. Was speaking to a fellow Bairn at work and mentioned I was surprised that Lewis and the other fella from Falkirk TV, Stuart I think. Were leaving.

He was saying he had heard they are going to do it for Queens Park now. Found that very hard to believe Lewis seems to be a bit of a die hard. Anybody else know what the score is? I personally thought they did an excellent job and will be a big miss.

Just now, AriG-FFC said:

Forgive me if this has already been covered only dip in here now and again. Was speaking to a fellow Bairn at work and mentioned I was surprised that Lewis and the other fella from Falkirk TV, Stuart I think. Were leaving.

He was saying he had heard they are going to do it for Queens Park now. Found that very hard to believe Lewis seems to be a bit of a die hard. Anybody else know what the score is? I personally thought they did an excellent job and will be a big miss.

I don’t know the story behind them leaving but Lewis is not going to Queen’s Park. He’s bought a season book for next year. 

The stadium announcer went to QP a few years ago maybe confused with that? 

2 minutes ago, Rugster said:

I don’t know the story behind them leaving but Lewis is not going to Queen’s Park. He’s bought a season book for next year. 

The stadium announcer went to QP a few years ago maybe confused with that? 

He was adamant but I said about Davy Mac and he said he heard from a reliable source. I find it very hard to believe to be fair 

What’s Falkirk’s chances this season then? Without Dunfermline, clearly a much bigger club than Falkirk, but still a diddy club, you must have high hopes of promotion?

I’ve always viewed Falkirk as a sort of yo yo club between the second and third tiers of Scottish football so it’ll be interesting to see how you do this season 

Edited by Captain_Sensible

1 minute ago, Captain_Sensible said:

What’s Falkirk’s chances this season then? Without Dunfermline, clearly a much bigger club than Falkirk, but still a diddy club, you must have high hopes of promotion?

I’ve always viewed Falkirk as a sort of yo yo club between the second and third tiers of Scottish football so it’ll be interesting to see how you do this season 

Iv always viewed your attempts at "bait" as laughably shite and this is far from an exception. 

10 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

FCAA5FB2-CF54-4597-9F34-565C2562A45E.gif

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Hi mate. We spoke with Target Events who advised that all who have purchased for the event have now been emailed an update & the new likely date will be in the last few months of the year. This will be the same with the Hibs events due to take place.

The reason for the postponement may be shared by Target Events in the coming day or 2 but John & I are more than comfortable with the reasons behind the Latapy family not being able to travel overseas at this time. 

No probs. Thanks for that.

Edited by Hartleys18/19Army

20 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

Tragic. 

7 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

Ruben Sammut - Recruitment Coordinator for Charlton Athletic (rapped the playing side after 17 career matches between us and Dulwich Hamlet)

Sorry if its been mentioned, but hes at Chelsea now doing a similar role.

Believe he part of the data scouting side of things but might be wrong.

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

It’s yet more awful patter that makes us look a complete joke. Everyone can talk about crunchy carrots all they want but not at our expense. 

Then again your mates in charge can do no wrong I suppose. 

27 minutes ago, Captain_Sensible said:

You were much, much better when you were on about the 10,000 seat thing. 

44 minutes ago, AriG-FFC said:

Lewis and I are friends and I've spoken to him at length about his reasons for leaving. There are a few different ones, some of which have had greater impact on his decision than others. They're obviously personal to him so I won't go into details but I'm certain there's no danger of him going to Queens Park.

We actually had a long chat about it and other things at the stadium this morning. I was there for the strip video / photoshoot (not a signing before anyone asks) and he had an involvement in it, though not from a TV perspective. 

22 minutes ago, BooBairn said:

It’s yet more awful patter that makes us look a complete joke. Everyone can talk about crunchy carrots all they want but not at our expense. 

Then again your mates in charge can do no wrong I suppose. 

Oh the old my mates awful patter.

The guy is putting in good money, he is entitled to gain as much publicity as possible. He is not doing it merely for the good of his health. 
Without the support of these sort of companies we don’t have a club. 
As mentioned earlier someone said that it is a CC video, not the clubs. What has the Board done wrong here? 
Look at one of our competitors - hardly got any sponsorship https://twitter.com/fc_edinburgh/status/1668694239406858265?s=12

Edited by Back Post Misses

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Lewis and I are friends and I've spoken to him at length about his reasons for leaving. There are a few different ones, some of which have had greater impact on his decision than others. They're obviously personal to him so I won't go into details but I'm certain there's no danger of him going to Queens Park.

We actually had a long chat about it and other things at the stadium this morning. I was there for the strip video / photoshoot (not a signing before anyone asks) and he had an involvement in it, though not from a TV perspective. 

Friday you reckon for the new strip?