The Falkirk FC Thread

12 minutes ago, Rocco said:

I genuinely wonder about the IQ of people that say that statement. “Pay as you play”? We’re playing League 1 in Scotland and any player we sign will have bills to pay that cannot afford to go weeks without wages. Nobody at the age of 30 in their right mind would sign that and I fully expect the club wouldn’t even consider making such a ridiculous request. 

Not to mention that minimum wage legislation makes 'pay as you play' effectively illegal. 

You could build in a low basic and high appearance of course but a 30 year old training circa 15 hours a week needs at least £156 per week. 

2 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Guess it depends the circumstances. Stainrod signed a pay as you play deal for £1/week and Vaulks played for nothing. As you say though I imagine there’s very few who would consider such a deal and would only be applied in exceptional circumstances or if the money on offer was a lot more to play than they could get as standard anywhere else. 

£1 a week would now be illegal. You can be amateur of course as I think Vaulks initially was but then you cant pay them at all. No bonuses, no appearances, nothing.

1 minute ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Not to mention that minimum wage legislation makes 'pay as you play' effectively illegal. 

You could build in a low basic and high appearance of course but a 30 year old training circa 15 hours a week needs at least £156 per week. 

£1 a week would now be illegal. You can be amateur of course as I think Vaulks initially was but then you cant pay them at all. No bonuses, no appearances, nothing.

Yeh will be and rightly so.

As you say would depend the time training but presume in most circumstances if you can’t play then you can’t train. 

8 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Yeh will be and rightly so.

As you say would depend the time training but presume in most circumstances if you can’t play then you can’t train. 

Potentially. But thats a whole other can of worms. Who decides if fit to train? Is coming in for treatment from physio and following a recovery programme of rehab 'work'? A fully pro club isnt going to say to an injured player 'come back when you're fit'. 

The whole 'pay as you play' and hourly wage regime is really the preserve of part time footballers who have a main job. 

6 minutes ago, Skyline Drifter said:

Potentially. But thats a whole other can of worms. Who decides if fit to train? Is coming in for treatment from physio and following a recovery programme of rehab 'work'? A fully pro club isnt going to say to an injured player 'come back when you're fit'. 

The whole 'pay as you play' and hourly wage regime is really the preserve of part time footballers who have a main job. 

Yeh absolutely. Don’t know the ins and outs of football contracts but the principle should be the same from other work and protected so no employer can try take advantage. Obviously as a fan you want protection for the club too in some circumstances but would need to be a statutory minimum to begin with. 

Edited by Van_damage

44 minutes ago, Ranaldo Bairn said:

He was on expenses only wasn't he?

Now a millionaire and he's welcome to every single penny.

He’s one of the very few who deserves everything good that comes his way. Other than Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy, Vaulks is about as high on the respectometer as it’s possible for any player to get.

35 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

He’s one of the very few who deserves everything good that comes his way. Other than Crunchie, Stainrod and Latapy, Vaulks is about as high on the respectometer as it’s possible for any player to get.

And like those mentioned, he had a deserving spot on this t-shirt.

IMG_6130.jpeg

Edited by Van_damage

Just now, Harry Kinnear said:

😍 where did you get that 

Was one of the t-shirts we produced to raise money for the CI. Was available in navy and red too. Might get some of them  reprinted in the future. Favourite was the Joy Division one. 

C98A3AD4-2492-445F-BB0E-E90119E1D2A3.jpeg

Third contact from club regarding ST renewal, with the following;

IMG_3245.thumb.jpeg.ce269e8f238a95e3275099293340f467.jpegTicket Holder benefit, which will allow each Season Ticket Holder to bring one friend along to our first home league game of the season for no additional cost.

Additionally, all Season Ticket Holders will also receive 10% off when booking Brockville Lounge hospitality for the first home league game of the season.

Unique voucher codes for both special offers will be sent out to each Season Ticket holder in advance of this fixture.

13 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I’ll bang the drum about it till it’s gone but if there is no point or thinking behind FF then there is no point or thinking about continually trying to push it. FSS should be the sole subscription donation model for the club. That’s not to stop the club having an alternate membership scheme or advertising the 1876 club instead. There’s plenty of options with no need to keep pushing FF. 

sorry but i thought this was done to death. There are fans out there for whatever reason will not join FSS, you and others need to get your heads around that. They will never be persuaded much as many of us, and I include myself, have tried. The Directors of the club have a statuary duty to do what they believe is in the best interests of the club. As far as I can see that is what they are doing.

1. Pulled together the Parton group bring in 270k+

2. worked hand in hand with FSS to secure the fan bank loan 350k

2. Helped FSS (they all believe in the model) grow in the last 18months 100kish/year

3. Launched an alternative scheme for those not wishing to join FSS. 

FSS is still growing, no idea about FF but it is not pointless as you say. Ineffective in the big scheme of things maybe but not pointless.

As far as the 1876 club goes I think it could do with a relaunch. It is totally different to FF and FSS as it is in fact a lottery. That could be a lucrative angle run and advertised well IMO. 

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Was one of the t-shirts we produced to raise money for the CI. Was available in navy and red too. Might get some of them  reprinted in the future. Favourite was the Joy Division one. 

C98A3AD4-2492-445F-BB0E-E90119E1D2A3.jpeg

I would definitely get a legends one and the Joy Division one if you are ever selling them again, they are cracking.

18 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I would definitely get a legends one and the Joy Division one if you are ever selling them again, they are cracking.

Got the steeple one, down in London guy walks into a bar just off Chelsea with same one. Original from Falkirk but down south for last twenty years. Still travels to a few games.

56 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

sorry but i thought this was done to death. There are fans out there for whatever reason will not join FSS, you and others need to get your heads around that. They will never be persuaded much as many of us, and I include myself, have tried. The Directors of the club have a statuary duty to do what they believe is in the best interests of the club. As far as I can see that is what they are doing.

1. Pulled together the Parton group bring in 270k+

2. worked hand in hand with FSS to secure the fan bank loan 350k

2. Helped FSS (they all believe in the model) grow in the last 18months 100kish/year

3. Launched an alternative scheme for those not wishing to join FSS. 

FSS is still growing, no idea about FF but it is not pointless as you say. Ineffective in the big scheme of things maybe but not pointless.

As far as the 1876 club goes I think it could do with a relaunch. It is totally different to FF and FSS as it is in fact a lottery. That could be a lucrative angle run and advertised well IMO. 

It was BNM that brought it back up and as I said I’ll continue to feel the same way about it. If you don’t want it brought up then don’t respond. 

As far as what you say the FSS applied for the loan and took ownership of it. In the spirit of goodwill then it would have been good to not have launched the FF as a competing factor when FSS have a duty to ensure the loan is repaid.

Ofcourse there are some don’t want to join FSS, that goes without saying, otherwise it would currently have thousands of members. The job FSS have is to continually persuade fans to join and change their minds. It’s clear from the failure of FF that it’s not a case of loads of people wanting to just donate £10 but just not through FSS. 

The existence of FF and its continuing advertisement just makes it more confusing and that little bit harder to gain more members to FSS.

This is not a slight at all the work the good board has done however it’s something I simply disagree with. As a fans owned club we should still be able to share any criticism without being shut down or it perceived to being dismissive of anything good too. 

Edited by Van_damage

39 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

SAMMUT

HABER

DALLISON

TURNER

OWEN-EVANS

BUCHANAN

FASAN

HETHERINGTON

LEWIS

The year 2020 as a group of summer signings…

newplayers.thumb.jpeg.d53dc94691d19a61207501de4d3907ba.jpeg

1 minute ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I don't know whether to give your post a greenie or a reddie for reminding me about them!

I’m reporting it for offensive images.