The Falkirk FC Thread

Sorry to intercede on your forum guys.Hearing you might be signing big Jack Hamilton from us.Livi fans had so much high hopes for him.Went out on loan a couple of times as we felt it would benefit his development being so young. Notably up at Arbroath a couple of years ago where he was a stand out.Didnt work out for him down at Hartlepool unfortunately. But I still believe he's got it in his locker to do a job for you guys if you can get him.I wish him the best of luck,if you guys get him.And I suspect Mcglyn knows of him.👍.

4 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Sorry to intercede on your forum guys.Hearing you might be signing big Jack Hamilton from us.Livi fans had so much high hopes for him.Went out on loan a couple of times as we felt it would benefit his development being so young. Notably up at Arbroath a couple of years ago where he was a stand out.Didnt work out for him down at Hartlepool unfortunately. But I still believe he's got it in his locker to do a job for you guys if you can get him.I wish him the best of luck,if you guys get him.And I suspect Mcglyn knows of him.👍.

Did you hear that information a month ago Troy? He's signed with Raith on a three year deal.

3 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Would be very happy with that.

Buying out his 3 years at Raith might be a stumbling block mind.

Sorry guys.Forgive me.Saturday nights eh.3 year deal at Raith.Our media team obviously have to get their proverbial arses in gear.And FWITS worth get yourselves outa that league. Wont patronise yous,but the Bairns don't belong there.👍.

1 hour ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Let’s see where they end up, if it’s between us or Raith rovers only they quite obviously take the navy blu pound at the Falkirk stadium. 

When are the signing next week ? Heard they canny wait to team up with Aidan Nesbit 😂🙈🙈🙈

41 minutes ago, Bairney The Dinosaur said:

Would be very happy with that.

Buying out his 3 years at Raith might be a stumbling block mind.

With respect.If he gets yous a chance of promotion. The stumble will be worth the risk.Needs a kick up the arse.Big young centre forward.Give him service and hel score a Barrowload at this level.👍.

56 minutes ago, Troy.1995 said:

Hi. I’m Troy McClure. You might know me from such things as “talking utter pish when the horse has well and truly bolted”, or “not having a fucking clue what is happening”. 

9 hours ago, ebobsboy said:

I wouldn't be too arsed about him coming back in all honesty. 

Still to see what calibre of player McGlynn brings in, but if it’s Hogarth for the GK slot, it’s another typical average player that’s consistent with our league one status. 

11 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Still to see what calibre of player McGlynn brings in, but if it’s Hogarth for the GK slot, it’s another typical average player that’s consistent with our league one status. 

Last season the board were brilliant and backed McGlynn to the hilt, and more, letting him bring in a pile of signings and loanees and yet he still came up short. I’m wondering if this time around they’ll keep him on a slightly tighter rein and curb his spending so that, if we get off to a poor start, there will still be some money left in the coffers to hand over to his replacement, whoever that might be. Just a thought.

19 minutes ago, Bairn in Exile said:

Last season the board were brilliant and backed McGlynn to the hilt, and more, letting him bring in a pile of signings and loanees and yet he still came up short. I’m wondering if this time around they’ll keep him on a slightly tighter rein and curb his spending so that, if we get off to a poor start, there will still be some money left in the coffers to hand over to his replacement, whoever that might be. Just a thought.

I’m sure that the BOD have learned from the managers first season in charge. McGlynns objectives must have been promotion whether first or playoffs. That’s a fail for me but he gets a second chance.
Bit early to judge on the first two new signings in, but it’s a tighter first team pool we’ve been told. If true it’s maybe only 6/7 to come in, possibly one or two more if we hit more than budgeted STs etc. Maybe I’m well off course but looking at who’s been retained, we’re going to be relying on many individuals who absolutely shat one. 
So back to the point if the BOD have some (coffers) reserves if the season goes tits up very early, that’s got to be a yes, lunacy if they haven’t……..

Guest Ecosse83
On 09/06/2023 at 21:03, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

Can we make sure that folk know the difference between 'your' and 'you're' at sign up too?

Fair mate, I was a tad tipsy when writing that 😂

While I realise we're in no position to laugh in terms of league position, the sight of all these Raith fans getting carried away and thinking their (ex) players are world beaters after finishing a lofty 7th in the Championship is incredible.  Can totally see why they're all leaving for the premier.