The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, JinkyBairn said:

Why does that give you rage lol? From what I can remember, folk were looking forward to new signings and having some fun with it in the pre-season.

It was pretty evident after the first league cup game that we were in trouble. Hence why Hartley was sent packing 3 or 4 games into the season.

Yeah. It was really obviously just folk fucking about on an internet forum. Same thing will happen this season if we get a day with 3 or 4 signings. 

5 minutes ago, JinkyBairn said:

Why does that give you rage lol? From what I can remember, folk were looking forward to new signings and having some fun with it in the pre-season.

It was pretty evident after the first league cup game that we were in trouble. Hence why Hartley was sent packing 3 or 4 games into the season.

Because they were pish.

16 hours ago, Hartleys18/19Army said:

Off topic but do the falkirk daft boys have info on why the Latapy night is postponed? Is this likely to turn into a shambles now or is the event company proper legit? 

Thanks and apologies if been answered earlier.

Hi mate. We spoke with Target Events who advised that all who have purchased for the event have now been emailed an update & the new likely date will be in the last few months of the year. This will be the same with the Hibs events due to take place.

The reason for the postponement may be shared by Target Events in the coming day or 2 but John & I are more than comfortable with the reasons behind the Latapy family not being able to travel overseas at this time. 

2 minutes ago, GeordieBairn said:

Who signed off on that crunchy carrots video 🤣

I mean, I have no actual issue with their logo, or the fact that they are sponsoring us. In fact I read here from ITK folk that they are a good sponsor....

But their content is an unrelenting minter, and seeing that or that stunt at EEP would have me running for the hills if I had them promoting my business online. Its awful. 

12 minutes ago, Bairnardo said:

I mean, I have no actual issue with their logo, or the fact that they are sponsoring us. In fact I read here from ITK folk that they are a good sponsor....

But their content is an unrelenting minter, and seeing that or that stunt at EEP would have me running for the hills if I had them promoting my business online. Its awful. 

Maybe it’s just me seeing the irony and the sarcastic humour in the latest vid, but I quite liked it. Something a wee bit different.

The EEP stunt was truly horrendous. Whoever thought that one up needs a good talking to.

6 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Was one of the t-shirts we produced to raise money for the CI. Was available in navy and red too. Might get some of them  reprinted in the future. Favourite was the Joy Division one. 

C98A3AD4-2492-445F-BB0E-E90119E1D2A3.jpeg

Will purchase a few if you decide to reprint these my man.

1 hour ago, GeordieBairn said:

Who signed off on that crunchy carrots video 🤣

The video would have been done by Crunchy Carrots themselves.

I suppose if it was something dodgy the club would have stayed clear of it, as they did with the carrot at East End Park, but otherwise they would probably run with most things that their sponsors want. 

Just now, Bainsfordbairn said:

I suppose if it was something dodgy the club would have stayed clear of it, as they did with the carrot at East End Park, but otherwise they would probably run with most things that their sponsors want. 

Aye theres nothing dodgy in that one. Just a bit cringe for me. 

1 minute ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Fair enough, for me that video is a red neck and should never have seen the light of social media, but each to their own

I don't mind the latest one.

It's self-aware and it's clearly doing exactly what it's designed to do - get people talking about it!

The CC owner, I think, said as much in the podcast he did with Jamie Swinney on the clubs channel. He knew what the reaction was likely to be and has embraced it for good or bad.

It's just a logo after all.

Edited by Blame Me

3 minutes ago, Blame Me said:

I don't mind the latest one.

It's self-aware and it's clearly doing exactly what it's designed to do - get people talking about it!

The CC owner, I think, said as much in the podcast he did with Jamie Swinney on the clubs channel. He knew what the reaction was likely to be and has embraced it for good or bad.

It's just a logo after all.

Oscar Wilde quote: There is only one thing in the world...

This will likely have been covered already but the newest episode of the Walking Down Hope Street podcast was released on 18th May featuring Colin McNair. 

I've just finished listening to it and it really strikes home how much he threw his career away due to his addiction but also tells of his recovery. Well worth a listen