The Falkirk FC Thread

2 hours ago, Back Post Misses said:

But they have reduced contracts to other players. Not sure it is as simple as they are paying their whole squad more 

I never mentioned their whole squad. Only the recruitment which they have undertaken this summer. I think they’ll be offering more to players than they would have been able to previously, plus, if we were both looking at the same player they’ve got the advantage of Championship football. Right now they seem to be an attractive proposition for a lot of players below Premier League level. 

9 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

They might get some more cash in the bank now that Nisbet has signed for Millwall for a "significant seven figure fee" if they had any sell on clauses. 

Raith don't, we picked him up for naught. Partick will get a development fee and we'll get close to half a million if the rumoured numbers are close to correct.

4 hours ago, AGPar said:

Suspect that Raith are looking in a different market to us tbh. They also have a pretty sizeable squad and don't seem to be exactly short of attacking midfield options…They're in a position to pay a fee for, and offer a three-year contract to, Jack Hamilton. Levels.

21 signed players, total so far. No reserve ream. Plans for this season call for 24 first team players…not sure that’s sizable.

Hamilton, even Livi called it a “nominal fee”, and took a sell-on clause as their primary compensation…which explains why we signed for three years, both Livi and us are hoping he develops and gets sold on.

1 hour ago, AGPar said:

I never mentioned their whole squad. Only the recruitment which they have undertaken this summer. I think they’ll be offering more to players than they would have been able to previously, plus, if we were both looking at the same player they’ve got the advantage of Championship football. Right now they seem to be an attractive proposition for a lot of players below Premier League level. 

Given that we wouldn’t meet MacDonald’s pay request, it’s been discussed that length of contract helps cushion a lower rate of pay, and the fact we’re generally shopping with younger (read as cheaper) players, not sure we’re paying more.

The admission that JMcG was given 150% of the previous year salary total to try for promotion in 20-21, and that he agreed a number of contracts with “unreasonable” escalator clauses, I’m pretty confident we’re not tossing barrowloads of cash around now. The new Board also said in interviews the money will be more focused on building the brand and facilities than signings for a couple of years.

I assume you have the advantage of someone professional vetting JMcG’s contract agreements, if you don’t, worry.

21 minutes ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Raith don't, we picked him up for naught. Partick will get a development fee and we'll get close to half a million if the rumoured numbers are close to 

Think you'll find we'll get around £10k-£15k in development fee. 

19 minutes ago, TxRover said:

21 signed players, total so far. No reserve ream. Plans for this season call for 24 first team players…not sure that’s sizable.

Hamilton, even Livi called it a “nominal fee”, and took a sell-on clause as their primary compensation…which explains why we signed for three years, both Livi and us are hoping he develops and gets sold on.

Given that we wouldn’t meet MacDonald’s pay request, it’s been discussed that length of contract helps cushion a lower rate of pay, and the fact we’re generally shopping with younger (read as cheaper) players, not sure we’re paying more.

The admission that JMcG was given 150% of the previous year salary total to try for promotion in 20-21, and that he agreed a number of contracts with “unreasonable” escalator clauses, I’m pretty confident we’re not tossing barrowloads of cash around now. The new Board also said in interviews the money will be more focused on building the brand and facilities than signings for a couple of years.

I assume you have the advantage of someone professional vetting JMcG’s contract agreements, if you don’t, worry.

I hope they've got good lawyers Tx, with the amount of libellous statements on here

He's probably going to have to offer two year deals or at least 1 year deals with a year option just to try and get the players he wants to drop into league 1. With that your hoping to attract a better calibre of player than what we have. There's been no mention of the length of contract Agyeman is on unless I missed it, and MacIver wanted full time football again. I don't imagine he will be on a lot of money. But I wouldn't have gave Nesbitt any contract never mind another two years. I don't think McGlynn is as wild as the Holt/Sheerin combo in dishing out long term deals like confetti, but ultimately if he makes a pigs ear of recruitment this season he's gone.

3 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Lang , Macdonald and spencer 😂😂😂 delusional , why drop down a division and these guys come at a price , 

We gave Brad McKay a three year deal to join from Inverness. Ultimately he's been shite for the most part but anything is possible with us. 

3 minutes ago, ebobsboy said:

There's been no mention of the length of contract Agyeman is on unless I missed it, 

That's because he hadn't actually signed when the story was released. The announcement was "agreed to join" so contract details weren't given. 

It'll be confirmed at a later date; my guess would be when preseason starts. 

11 minutes ago, TxRover said:

He was 21 when we got him, per @Skyline Drifter, that nets us zilch.

10 minutes ago, SirJimmyofNic said:

Thought it was under 23

Mind you Partick need the money more than we do atm, so they should get development fees for him

It is 23 for Solidarity. I misquoted the rules for Training Compensation instead. You'll get a little.

I'd imagine Spencer & Lang will have better offers than us but Macdonald looks to be a stick on for the number 1 and goalkeeping coach, didn't realise he's originally from Armadale. I wasn't keen on him the last time he was here so I won't be too excited to see him come back. 

1 hour ago, Salvo Montalbano said:

Raith don't, we picked him up for naught. Partick will get a development fee and we'll get close to half a million if the rumoured numbers are close to correct.

The rumoured figures in the Scottish press are £2m and down south £1m so either way it’s good business for Hibs, Dunfermline and Partick and will be life changing money for the player.

1 hour ago, basher brash said:

Lang , Macdonald and spencer 😂😂😂 delusional , why drop down a division and these guys come at a price , 

Let’s see where they end up, if it’s between us or Raith rovers only they quite obviously take the navy blu pound at the Falkirk stadium. 

35 minutes ago, FFC 1876 said:

I'd imagine Spencer & Lang will have better offers than us but Macdonald looks to be a stick on for the number 1 and goalkeeping coach, didn't realise he's originally from Armadale. I wasn't keen on him the last time he was here so I won't be too excited to see him come back. 

Nick Hogarth incoming