The Falkirk FC Thread

7 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Happy with Hogarth, thought he was decent for us and he's got a good profile to go on and develop. Surprised it's a one year deal though for that reason.

There’s already folk on here on the verge of heart attacks at us offering two year deals so probably for the best.

4 minutes ago, Hughsie said:

There’s already folk on here on the verge of heart attacks at us offering two year deals so probably for the best.

In general i get that but Hogarth is a known entity so doesn't offer the same risk.

Are we expecting another CB to be signed or do we think the defence will be pretty much the same plus a new RB?

17 minutes ago, Ecosse83 said:

Happy with that signing, much better than Kinnear and Morrison! 

If you look at their records last season PJ actually had the best, on played in 2 games we lost (both v Airdire) with Nicky losing 3 in more games. Kinnear’s record was ok till the last last quarter where cup ties and play offs hit his stats. 

Guest Ecosse83
18 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

Happy with Hogarth, thought he was decent for us and he's got a good profile to go on and develop. Surprised it's a one year deal though for that reason.

I reckon it was probably his own preference for a 1 year deal, going by what Smith said on the signing he had offers from England and up here. Reckon he will see us as a development year and look for a move next season! 

3 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

In general i get that but Hogarth is a known entity so doesn't offer the same risk.

Are we expecting another CB to be signed or do we think the defence will be pretty much the same plus a new RB?

If that’s the case, then there’s a fair chance that the entire season could be pretty much the same too.

We just have to hope that QotS, Hamilton and Cove are all looking to “consolidate in L1 for a year”. No chance of that mind you.

Guest Ecosse83
1 minute ago, Back Post Misses said:

If you look at their records last season PJ actually had the best, on played in 2 games we lost (both v Airdire) with Nicky losing 3 in more games. Kinnear’s record was ok till the last last quarter where cup ties and play offs hit his stats. 

I think the defence just felt more secure with Hogarth in goals, just my opinion though! 

3 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I'd expect another centre half and a right back. 

We must have a RB, wide front player  and legs in midfield 

52 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

We must have a RB, wide front player  and legs in midfield 

Yes. A leader at the back though for me is crucial. Mackay should be the captain of our reserve side and that's it this season. 

32 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not at all. Can tell you the story re the tweet tbh, last year our good mate Hilly tweeted the club about a signing and the reply was the same Simpsons GIF, so to keep that going we (podcast) tweeted the club this morning.

Had no idea they’d reply tbh or once announced would use a pic of Hogarth beside the framed shirt I donated to the bar in my dads honour. Really nice touch by them & @Bainsfordbairn 💙👏🏻

Edited to add: Hilly absolutely loved this by the way. Loved that the club interacted with him & the fans with stuff like this.

IMG_2403.thumb.jpeg.e2f58967fb11ecd0a3ca7a147df8c5c8.jpeg

Sorry for your loss mate by the way, tardy reply but meant to say earlier. 

33 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

Not at all. Can tell you the story re the tweet tbh, last year our good mate Hilly tweeted the club about a signing and the reply was the same Simpsons GIF, so to keep that going we (podcast) tweeted the club this morning.

Had no idea they’d reply tbh or once announced would use a pic of Hogarth beside the framed shirt I donated to the bar in my dads honour. Really nice touch by them & @Bainsfordbairn 💙👏🏻

Edited to add: Hilly absolutely loved this by the way. Loved that the club interacted with him & the fans with stuff like this.

IMG_2403.thumb.jpeg.e2f58967fb11ecd0a3ca7a147df8c5c8.jpeg

I remember that one actually. 

This one was even better. There's nothing I enjoy more on social media Scottish Football x The Simpsons.

I didn't link the shirt to your name at all until you said that either tbf.... That is indeed a nice touch!

1 minute ago, Bairnardo said:

I remember that one actually. 

This one was even better. There's nothing I enjoy more on social media Scottish Football x The Simpsons.

I didn't link the shirt to your name at all until you said that either tbf.... That is indeed a nice touch!

Yeah, really nice touch. Extra special that my Dad was a Forest man born & bred till he moved to Scotland & Falkirk in the early 70s so very appropriate we signed a Forest lad too. He will be smiling at that 💙

Like anyone pulling on the NB, I sincerely wish the guy all the best. Correct length of deal, and hope he makes his mark straight away. As said probably the best distributer of the ball, but needs to work on his overall awareness and cross balls. A decent new CH and RB will help.

1 hour ago, Shodwall cat said:

Yes. A leader at the back though for me is crucial. Mackay should be the captain of our reserve side and that's it this season. 

Agree