The Falkirk FC Thread

8 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

I can't see Spencer leaving an established Championship side to drop down a league. 

Stranger things have happened I suppose but I think he'll have loftier ambitions than League 1.

Spencer I think will try his hand down south or go back to the USA can’t see him dropping down to league 1 and I can’t see Lang dropping down either. I think he will either stay in the championship or lower half premiership side if the rumours of him getting an offer there are true 

1 hour ago, ebobsboy said:

Pretty much agree, I'd rather we were looking at the likes of Scott Martin, Danny Mullen, Darren Brownlie, Regan Tumilty, might be a stretch but if you don't ask you don't get. No point signing similar standard of player to what we already have that's getting us nowhere. Spencer is a decent enough player but if it's MacDonald and Lang 🤔 maybe Lee Hodson? If Lang is one of them you'd have to think one of the centre backs has to go, although it will probably put paid to any chance Watson had of getting a deal if he gets fit,  and who is probably just as competent a defender as Lang

A Falkirk fan wanting Darren Brownlie but not Tom Lang sums this thread up nicely.

Just now, Big chungus said:

Jamie barajonas… meh wouldn’t know exactly how to feel with that one. Unsure if he’s box to box or a number 10?

If he kicks on he has the potential to be a very decent player. If he doesn’t he’d be very similar in standard to what we’ve already got. It’s probably a signing I’d be inclined to go for tbh. 

1 minute ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Last I heard Murray had confirmed he was an option as a signing for Raith ? Surely they could offer more money than us ?

Suspect that Raith are looking in a different market to us tbh. They also have a pretty sizeable squad and don't seem to be exactly short of attacking midfield options. They are building a very impressive squad. Would be surprised if he ended up there.

Similar scenario with Agyeman (who I don't mind as a signing for us). They're in a position to pay a fee for, and offer a three-year contract to, Jack Hamilton. Levels.

16 minutes ago, AGPar said:

Suspect that Raith are looking in a different market to us tbh. They also have a pretty sizeable squad and don't seem to be exactly short of attacking midfield options. They are building a very impressive squad. Would be surprised if he ended up there.

Similar scenario with Agyeman (who I don't mind as a signing for us). They're in a position to pay a fee for, and offer a three-year contract to, Jack Hamilton. Levels.

Whilst we were in a position to pay a fee for and offer a two and a half year deal to Jordan Allan 🙈

55 minutes ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

Last I heard Murray had confirmed he was an option as a signing for Raith ? Surely they could offer more money than us ?

Aye he was but also on option for Queen’s Park and we don’t really need him as we’ve got about 4 that can play that No10 role

54 minutes ago, AGPar said:

But they have reduced contracts to other players. Not sure it is as simple as they are paying their whole squad more 

14 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

But they have reduced contracts to other players. Not sure it is as simple as they are paying their whole squad more 

The ones they have reduced are probably working 20 minutes per month selling conservatories for 20k a year though 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

They have players working part time for another company on good salary, low fixed hour contracts.

Leeds United in the Don Revie era ran the same scam with their youth players. Accommodating companies gave the youngsters token jobs involving a few hours a week appearances at their employer letting Leeds comply with the FA rules paying them a pittance. Jim McCalliog mentioned it in his book (it's a good read) how Peter Lorimer and him got signed up beating off the competition from other clubs paying them indirectly top dollar to get the signatures.

STJ manager confirming that Max is straight into the first team squad when training resumes. Hes looking for Max to make a big impact. He’s thanked McGlynn & Smith for his treatment and his progress. Brilliant prospect, and one bright spark in a shower of shite bags.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

STJ manager confirming that Max is straight into the first team squad when training resumes. Hes looking for Max to make a big impact. He’s thanked McGlynn & Smith for his treatment and his progress. Brilliant prospect, and one bright spark in a shower of shite bags.

Noticed on Facebook that the Equity Bairns sponsored his shirt and raised £280 for a Ukrainian refugee charity by raffling it off!

Good stuff 👍😀  

14 minutes ago, Springfield said:

He was only with us for a short time but I hope the guy goes on and has a fantastic career. His attitude was spot on and he shone when others around him hid, best of luck to him.

2 hours ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

If it’s the guy who owns the conservatory company who used to be at Kelty that’s at Raith, and is using the same ‘payroll policy’ to increase what players are being paid weekly, technically it’s not money laundering.

As a Rovers fan find it a bit baffling where we were and not just last season to whats going on now,building work around the ground,signings,2 year contracts among many other background stuff

Is it being financed by the guy that owns the conservatory company or our VC who owns Dean Park Hotel and sold his Care Home company for a reputed 40mill or one of the 47 Lottery Jackpot winners of a 1 mill or more in Kirkcaldy since the Lottery began?

Not a clue