The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

You have to wonder if anyone has signed up to FF? Jamie said on the podcast when we asked the question of uptake as “slow”. I’ve yet to hear anyone online or person say that that they’ve signed up to it.

On a positive note, I see the FSS is up another 15 members in a week. 

Would like to know how many too as did hear it was under 20. Better to opt them in to the 1876 club and solely promote the FSS.

Is great to hear the numbers are growing though. 

46 minutes ago, AL-FFC said:

The fact that no Falkirk supporter has went over to your thread even if you are in the championship bit to comment shows how much we do not give a fuckery about Raith. The fact that your on a falkirk thread during the close season commenting on anything Falkirk either shows a the schools off, b your a needy attention seeker (I'm going to go with the second option here)

C - Trying to have a bit of harmless banter with other supporters is also a viable option. 

30 minutes ago, Ebanda's Handyman Services said:

C - Trying to have a bit of harmless banter with other supporters is also a viable option. 

That comes under b 😃

NEEDY .. 🤣

50 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

Would like to know how many too as did hear it was under 20. Better to opt them in to the 1876 club and solely promote the FSS.

Still don't understand what the point of FF actually is - agree would much rather see the club promote FSS.  

6 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

This is another prince of whataboutery, with a fast developing sense of “nothing to see here” (copyright LFC 1995).

Why you more concerned with what’s happening in Kirkcaldy ? You got an absolute hammering by a team going by your mantra no money no support , We warned you about Mcglynn no notice taken and now your accusing a club of money laundering based on what ? Your clubs a shambles and yes your right you get bigger crowds but yet have won nothing to show for your big time big club attitude and creeping more into debt get a grip man

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Just a bit disappointed to see the club still advertising it given the fact the FSS basically just gifted them £350k. FSS now does exactly what FF does but with the added benefits of having a vote and board representation. Would’ve hoped the club would’ve tried to encourage the few that have signed up to over to the FSS and ended the scheme. 

Agreed. Time to quietly scrap FF and throw all energy behind FSS.

51 minutes ago, basher brash said:

Why you more concerned with what’s happening in Kirkcaldy ? You got an absolute hammering by a team going by your mantra no money no support , We warned you about Mcglynn no notice taken and now your accusing a club of money laundering based on what ? Your clubs a shambles and yes your right you get bigger crowds but yet have won nothing to show for your big time big club attitude and creeping more into debt get a grip man

Could you explain exactly what “debt” the club is carrying? The club CEO recently reported we are set to end the current year posing a profit. Fair enough we have made a rip roaring c**t of it on the park in recent years but form is temporary, the fan base, stadium and infrastructure is all in place for the club to succeed if we could just get a decent 11 footballers on the park. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

2 hours ago, Believe The Hype said:

Don't know why folk keep bringing signings up this week. We know Mcglynn is on holiday. As is a lot of the players. Both ours and others.

Need to bear in mind also the season finished a lot earlier last year as well, we had our last game on the 30th April, even the Champions league final was in May. So not a great comparison

I was only asking the question. I’m pretty sure the manager being on holiday wouldn’t have a major impact on signing players as I’d expect a lot of the targets are already lined up.

He might even have the internet, email or a mobile phone wherever he is on holiday ??

1 hour ago, RC55 FFC said:

You have to wonder if anyone has signed up to FF? Jamie said on the podcast when we asked the question of uptake as “slow”. I’ve yet to hear anyone online or person say that that they’ve signed up to it.

On a positive note, I see the FSS is up another 15 members in a week. 

FF strikes me as being entirely out of tune with what the Board have said is their passion……fan ownership. Instead, they continue to promote a fund raising initiative that offers nothing in return……forget the ST payment scheme, that’s not a reason to join FF.

2 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Good point! If someone just wants to donate the cash to the club, or because they have an issue with the FSS, then why not join the 1876 Club? At least you have the chance of winning a prize.

The FF is a bit of a con.

26 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Good point! If someone just wants to donate the cash to the club, or because they have an issue with the FSS, then why not join the 1876 Club? At least you have the chance of winning a prize.

The FF is a bit of a con.

What about it is a con? If people don’t want to join FSS I don’t get the issue with the club trying to catch a few fans via this method. 
I personally don’t get why they would give the club £10/month and not John FSS but it is up to individual choice. 

1 hour ago, Grangemouth Bairn said:

I was only asking the question. I’m pretty sure the manager being on holiday wouldn’t have a major impact on signing players as I’d expect a lot of the targets are already lined up.

He might even have the internet, email or a mobile phone wherever he is on holiday ??

Your point was that this time last year we had made that triple singing and because we haven't by this time this year we must be delaying it. That was 6 weeks after our last game of the season. Today's date is only 4 weeks after our last game. Just give a wee bit time. 

I know I wouldn't want bothered by my work when I'm on holiday. Happy to revisit this post in a couple of weeks with egg on my face though. 

4 minutes ago, Believe The Hype said:

Your point was that this time last year we had made that triple singing and because we haven't by this time this year we must be delaying it. That was 6 weeks after our last game of the season. Today's date is only 4 weeks after our last game. Just give a wee bit time. 

I know I wouldn't want bothered by my work when I'm on holiday. Happy to revisit this post in a couple of weeks with egg on my face though. 

No, my point was actually around we are maybe considering more carefully our options rather than rushing in.

Agree about your work however the nature of the beast with modern day football managers is they are never really on holiday, particularly during the close season as that’s when a high % of transfers are made.

I’m sure Mr McGlynn will have his phone on to ensure no potential opportunities are missed. I’d be surprised if, as you’ve suggested, he’s not keeping abreast of things whilst away.