The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, latapythelegend said:

There is usually a pre-determined order of fixtures. BPM's guess looks most likely and would mirror last years order.

And the year before and the year before that etc etc 

1 hour ago, Back Post Misses said:

Home to Dundee UTD and Peterhead

Away to Partick and Spartans 

could have been worse. 

Yep, we avoided Airdrie.

1 hour ago, Bainsfordbairn said:

Last year there were five friendlies and only two of them were open to fans (Killie & Stranraer).  Games against Ayr, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen were all closed-door. The previous year Irvine Meadow, Stirling Uni and Hearts were all closed-door. 

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened this year, though we'll probably get details next week once the manager and his staff return. 

Yes! was thinking it would not be far off.

Hope the signings come soon as the last thing wanted is the flurry of signings days before kick off. Always gave the impression we were the last resort as they could not find anybody else.

Goalie, Right Back, Center back and the rest midfield if an extra forward all the better.

Guest Ecosse83
3 hours ago, Sortmeout said:

Did this team you are all fawning over even achieve promotion to the top flight? 

Seems like it.

Are you actually quoting me from 5 days ago? You need to get a life mate! 

21 hours ago, ShaggerG said:

I think Nevin kept Crunchie out of the Chelsea team as well?

Nevin got most his caps whilst playing for Tranmere.

Nevin himself reckons he played his best football there and tbh he went up in my estimation of his game too at that period.

Arfield another should've been capped for Scotland 

21 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

You have to play with and against these old pro's to understand it's not just their skill and game craft but the level above you their minds work

Played 5's with Peter Godfrey, Stuart Munro, Stuart Burgess and John Blackley in my playing days it was exactly as you said.

Played against Gregg Wylde the summer he got his move to Bolton. Was absolutely frightening.

Also played against David Templeton. This was before he joined Stenny and you could just tell he would make it. There was another lad playing in that game who was even better but didn't make it. Just goes to show that it's not all about ability.

Edited by Beaver The Bairn

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

They’ve got the Kelty mafia on board, money no object 

Yep, the “alternate funding model” seems to be a trend that’s not leaving Scottish football any time soon. The Launderers are of course, the founders, but there is a growing number of clubs happy to indulge in the hope that they get up the leagues and don’t get caught.

Just now, ebobsboy said:

Kinda makes you wonder why they never took Agyeman...

Because they want into the top flight, and he won’t take them there.