The Falkirk FC Thread

5 minutes ago, badgerthewitness said:

Let me interrupt the nostalgia to say Queen's Park are scabby cheating b*****ds. I hate them more than I hate Airdrie or Dunfermline & I hope they're out the game in a couple of years.

Carry on.

Am I reading this right, they are playing their home games at Lesser Hampden until September and then moving to the main Hampden Park for the rest of the season, wtf. 

We can’t complain though when you look at the amount of times the powers that be in Scottish football have bent over to help us 🤔

On 03/06/2023 at 09:59, Ecosse83 said:

The spine of that team in the gold effort 😍

Mccracken, Vaulks, Kerr and Miller and Baird up top. 

What I’d give for a wee p***k like Baird in the team right now! Exactly the type of character we badly need. 

On 03/06/2023 at 10:15, Bairnardo said:

Peter Grant at the tippy top of his talents, Luke Leahy pinging them in the top bin for fun, Will Vaulks landing balls on the end of folks big toenail from 75 yards away......

Tom Taiwo just being set to "tackle" mode for 90 minutes 😂

On 03/06/2023 at 10:20, Ecosse83 said:

Ooft what a team that was! 

On 03/06/2023 at 10:21, Springfield said:

Certainly brings it home that the characters we once had and we were used to, were on a different level to the majority of shite we've had to endure over the past few seasons. No superstar’s, but guys that would give it 100% commitment, ownership, leadership, and accountability no matter who the opposition were.

Did this team you are all fawning over even achieve promotion to the top flight? 

On 03/06/2023 at 10:44, Reggie Perrin said:

We really have fallen off a cliff in recent years.

Seems like it.

8 minutes ago, Back Post Misses said:

Home to Dundee UTD and Peterhead

Away to Partick and Spartans 

could have been worse. 

Good draw imo, needs to be treated seriously again this year and not as part of a pre-season. There is a more than decent chance progressing to the knock out stages, brings in good finance and with a bit of luck could always end up at Hampden again potentially. I’m sure after the groups there are only two rounds before the semi final. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

1 hour ago, badgerthewitness said:

Let me interrupt the nostalgia to say Queen's Park are scabby cheating b*****ds. I hate them more than I hate Airdrie or Dunfermline & I hope they're out the game in a couple of years.

Carry on.

Corrupt to the core. Scottish football is controlled completely by lawall and haughey . 

Edited by Shodwall cat

Decent draw imo. We're always going to get landed with two seeded teams given our league position but Dundee Utd look like the weakest from Pot 1 and Thistle appear to have a number of their better players departing and some pretty grim financial news just announced. 

1 hour ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Another story I loved came from a guy called Gerry Gow who played for Man City in 1980. He had been told to “go out and batter Dalglish” in their game v Liverpool.

Allison tore him a new one at half time for failing to get Dalglish. Gerry said that people have no idea just how good top class players really are. He said not only could I not get the ball off him, I couldn’t get near enough to kick him. He said twice Dalglish backed into him, and he said Dalglish’s arse was like getting kicked by a mule.

Dalglish would throw out every bit of body language to say he was going to spin off you to the right, but he went left. You just couldn’t read him at all, and you would think “ok, ignore the signals, because he is going the other way, but he didn’t, he would just go right as if he sensed you were setting yourself up to go left”. He said without doubt, the greatest player he ever played against.

Saw Dalglish in a reserve league cup semi at Brockville and it was the much vaunted 'Celtic quality street youngsters' Connolly, Davidson, McGrain, Wilson, Hay and a chubby sandy haired big arsed No 4 that played in front of the back line. Among all that talent Dalgish was the pick the bunch.

Falkirk players could not get near him however they tried. the thing that stood out was he passed the ball on his terms how he wanted, when he wanted, he just jutted the arse out and suddenly he had 3ft of space.

Goodness knows what a 26 year old Dalglish would be worth in todays market. Europe's elite would build a team round him and watch the trophies come in for the next 8 years.

Best player together with Law I ever saw in a Scotland jersey

1 minute ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Should be getting the friendlies announced as well pretty soon.

Last year there were five friendlies and only two of them were open to fans (Killie & Stranraer).  Games against Ayr, Dundee Utd and Aberdeen were all closed-door. The previous year Irvine Meadow, Stirling Uni and Hearts were all closed-door. 

I wouldn't be surprised if something similar happened this year, though we'll probably get details next week once the manager and his staff return.