The Falkirk FC Thread

24 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

If the FSS have two seats on the board, why do they not change it then if it is that big of an issue?

The directors can’t take instruction from the FSS. 

It’s not exactly that big an issue but personally think it’s a smack in the face to the FSS effectively handing them £350k to continually advertise it alongside the FSS when previously there was little voluntary advertisement for the FSS on the club channels. 

If we agree it’s a pointless scheme when the FSS exists then I don’t understand why we can’t agree that it should be binned. 

23 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

Would agree that there is little point to the FF scheme but to describe it as a con is a ridiculous and frankly insulting thing to post.

OK, it’s not a con…...it’s a way of taking money from some fans for nothing in return.  Is that better? 

3 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

It’s not exactly that big an issue but personally think it’s a smack in the face to the FSS effectively handing them £350k to continually advertise it alongside the FSS when previously there was little voluntary advertisement for the FSS on the club channels. 

If we agree it’s a pointless scheme when the FSS exists then I don’t understand why we can’t agree that it should be binned. 

I didn't get the need for it also, but not sure if I was missing something.

I realise they can't take instruction, however if it is an issue, which there seems to be from you and Z,  I'm sure they will act in the 'best interests'.

33 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

I didn't get the need for it also, but not sure if I was missing something.

I realise they can't take instruction, however if it is an issue, which there seems to be from you and Z,  I'm sure they will act in the 'best interests'.

I have let my thoughts be known about it but myself and Zbairn are just two people. The only option to further strengthen that belief is to garner opinion. That’s why I brought up here, as I believe it’s the right thing to do. Seems most are of the same opinion on it.

Just frustrates me having tried hard to help grow FSS for a few months to see the club to have launched this scheme and continue to promote it after the fans bank money was gifted to them. The board have been openly critical about FSS not growing enough but haven’t voluntarily promoted it the past year so although it’s great to see it being done now it feels like it’s only because the club now have their own twin scheme to try and make a success of. 

Edited by Van_damage

24 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

OK, it’s not a con…...it’s a way of taking money from some fans for nothing in return.  Is that better? 

Nobody is taking money from anyone. Someone has to decide to donate. What’s the big deal?

1 hour ago, Van_damage said:

Surely the two FFS appointed directors can take instruction from FSS, if there was a consensus amongst FFS members, that’s if anyone actually cares that much about it.

49 minutes ago, Van_damage said:

I have let my thoughts be known about it but myself and Zbairn are just two people. The only option to further strengthen that belief is to garner opinion. That’s why I brought up here, as I believe it’s the right thing to do. Seems most are of the same opinion on it.

Just frustrates me having tried hard to help grow FSS for a few months to see the club to have launched this scheme and continue to promote it after the fans bank money was gifted to them. The board have been openly critical about FSS not growing enough but haven’t voluntarily promoted it the past year so although it’s great to see it being done now it feels like it’s only because the club now have their own twin scheme to try and make a success of. 

It feels like the majority don't really get it, and I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way here as it is obvious you heart is in the right place, but I'm not sure anybody else is as passionate about it as much as you two are about it.

My view for instance is, don't get it, but don't really care, bigger issues to deal with.

Maybe just me?

Edited by Sarcastic Bairn

19 minutes ago, Sarcastic Bairn said:

It feels like the majority don't really get it, and I hope this doesn't come across in the wrong way here as it is obvious you heart is in the right place, but I'm not sure anybody else is as passionate about it as much as you two are about it.

My view for instance is, don't get it, but don't really care, bigger issues to deal with.

Maybe just me?

I think that’s a fair enough point mate. It’s the way I am that I get as bothered about such things but understand that not everyone feels the same way, even though it does seem clear that no one sees the point of FF.

26 minutes ago, grumpyoldman said:

Surely the two FFS appointed directors can take instruction from FSS, if there was a consensus amongst FFS members, that’s if anyone actually cares that much about it.

Don’t think they could even do that to be honest. Would like to think that if they read that noone sees the point in it then it would seem sensible to scrap it and solely advertise the FSS in the same way and give the volunteers on the FSS a helping hand. 

2 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

They can’t take instruction. All they can do is listen to the viewpoint of the FSS, and then gauge that against what they believe to be in the best interests of the club. Now, “best interests” and “FSS viewpoint” might be one and the same thing, but where they differ, then “best interests” wins the day.

Ultimately, they are put forward by the FSS, but once on the Board, they are not FSS Directors, they are FFC Directors.

In the same way, the Patrons cannot give instruction to the two Board members that they have chosen.

Edited by Duncan Freemason

9 hours ago, Van_damage said:

Move on? No need to be so patronising. Why do you get to decide what the topic of conversation is. If you don’t want to discuss it then say nothing. 

FF is relevant as it continues to be advertised when, even by your own admission, it’s worthless.

FF being scrapped would be a nice gesture to the FSS and make it less confusing to taking away any potential subscribers when advertised side by side. It’s hard enough work to get people to sign up without the existence of a duplicate scheme. 

Move on because you keep harping on about this and there is no significant impact on anything. FF is not going to work scraping it makes no odds to anything. As someone else said if it bothers you that much get into the ribs of the FSS reps. 

Edited by Back Post Misses

9 hours ago, Van_damage said:

My understanding was that the FSS and the Board worked hand in hand to secure this loan so describe it as a handout from FSS is not a true reflection on what has happened IMO. I think it is great that the two organisations seem to be aligned and there is little us and them stuff going on. The reality is though it is actually all us now. The board is the fans board not some cabal we can never shift. 

8 hours ago, Zbairn said:

No one is forcing fans. It is their choice to sign up to this and possibly not FSS. Many more see FSS as the best way to support the club a small minority do not. Why should this minority not have a choice? 

2 hours ago, muppetshow said:

2 maybe 3 to be announced by tues or wed, fairly competent if a bit underwhelming but we are where we are 

👀✍️

I've said just as much as you which is absolutely nothing.

Why do it mate?

If you know something, and it won't put the signing at risk, please tell us.

Otherwise I don't see the point of your post.

Edited by Bairn in Exile

5 hours ago, Van_damage said:

I think that’s a fair enough point mate. It’s the way I am that I get as bothered about such things but understand that not everyone feels the same way, even though it does seem clear that no one sees the point of FF.

I see the point in it. It grabs a small minority who for whatever reason won’t join FSS. Does it damage FSS? IMO, and I have said this from the start, it won’t and it hasn’t. As others have said there are much bigger fish to fry. 

6 hours ago, grumpyoldman said:

No. Their fiduciary duty is to the shareholders of the whole club not FSS. That’s the law of the land. FSS can tell them what they would like but it is then for them to make their own decisions how they vote. 

56 minutes ago, Roboccop said:

No. Their fiduciary duty is to the shareholders of the whole club not FSS. That’s the law of the land. FSS can tell them what they would like but it is then for them to make their own decisions how they vote. 

And if the membership don’t like that judgement vote them off the board at election time.