The Falkirk FC Thread

1 minute ago, GeordieBairn said:

If one of Donaldson or Lang gets injured i’d have Mackie in before McKay or Hendo. Played most if not all games at centre half during our good spell in the middle of the season.

I would have remembered that spell as being Donaldson and Mckay. Id have to check

Guest Back Post Misses
37 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It'll be tough for sure. Cove will be tough and I can see us dropping points up there on matchday 2. 3pts would be a massive statement. 

Hamilton will be hard to beat and have made some eye catching signings. On paper of course we should be up there if not favourites but I've thought that in previous seasons and we've been miles off. 

I think an important point that last season wasn't a one game collapse against Airdrie. It was the entire last quarter after the Fifers game. Something Raith fans consistently told us would happen with McGlynn. 

I believe Airdrie’s points total was no better than ours in the last 6 games. 

Guest Back Post Misses
38 minutes ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

To assess the strength of the squad it has to be new signings v those who have left. If Lang gets injured (not unknown to happen) then we're still playing Donaldson and McKay. 

Not if McKay is out the door we wont be 

3 hours ago, Duncan Freemason said:

Whit? He has only won L2 in 2009, and RR were awarded promotion in the COVID season……that’s his career promotions. I don’t think there is a hell of a lot of supporting evidence for his team’s clicking in year two over a 17 year managerial career. I actually think he won L2 at the 3rd attempt.

No he didn't. He's never won L2 because L2 didn't exist before 2013. He won the Second Division.

L2 intimates fourth tier, whereas it was actually the third tier he won.

I'm sure I've mentioned this before.

6 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I must apologise. A couple of pages back I said something positive. I realise now though that this isn't the time or the place for that kind of talk and I can assure you it won't happen again. 

Please don't revert to type Shodwall, the cat is so much more sensible than the dog!

9 minutes ago, Shodwall cat said:

I must apologise. A couple of pages back I said something positive. I realise now though that this isn't the time or the place for that kind of talk and I can assure you it won't happen again. 

That’s you on drum duty this Saturday. 

1 hour ago, Proudtobeabairn said:

It'll be tough for sure. Cove will be tough and I can see us dropping points up there on matchday 2. 3pts would be a massive statement. 

Hamilton will be hard to beat and have made some eye catching signings. On paper of course we should be up there if not favourites but I've thought that in previous seasons and we've been miles off. 

I think an important point that last season wasn't a one game collapse against Airdrie. It was the entire last quarter after the Fifers game. Something Raith fans consistently told us would happen with McGlynn. 

Agree, it’s early in the season but to go up and beat Cove on day 2 would be a massive boost.

1 hour ago, Disco Duck said:

How many new players did we have in our starting 11 last season, and how many are we likely to have this year?   We haven’t had any continuity since Houston left.

Well spotted. That has been one of our big problems.