The Falkirk FC Thread

14 minutes ago, Reggie Perrin said:

In midfield.

Absolutely this.

I'd be pretty disappointed if we signed a RB only to bench Yeats who looks like he is exactly what we've been needing in midfield.

Was thinking the other day, would he be one of the only players since Hartley came in who will likely leave Falkirk better for the experience? Maybe Declan McManus too. I suspect this will be a much shorter list than the horror shows we've been repeating this week!

Edited by ilostmyself

27 minutes ago, ilostmyself said:

I'd be pretty disappointed if we signed a RB only to bench Yeats who looks like he is exactly what we've been needing in midfield.

Rest assured if (and it’s a big if) we can manage to bring in loanee RB, Yeats will be warming his arse on the subs bench. 

Paul Dixon

Unpopular opinion but personally, I think he fooled many and whereas others got found out much quicker and emptied, he hung about far too long.

Spoke volumes for me that when relegated he praised the running of the club and then in his last - and our worst - season with us, bemoaned players "downing tools". Reaped what he sowed.

19 hours ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I used to spend most of my wages in the Leapark. Thursday night was the Coachhouse and Frid/Sat/Sun was the dancing. Most Monday mornings at work were spent hanging out my arse.

It was a good hangout, must have been a goldmine for the owners.

Just shows you if you offer a product or service at a price people want and can afford to spend their disposable income on you will get the business.

Yeats has done really well at right back IMO and to get him into midfield we’d need to drop either Spencer or Henderson who I actually think have the makings of a good partnership going on the last couple games. It’s a good problem to have however and Yeats has looked really good in the spells when moved into midfield also.   

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was thinking, for no real reason at all really lastnight.... I think one day, and it might take a little bit of time, but I see Leon McCann potentially working as a deep lying midfielder. Would anyone like to completely rubbish me? 

Aye, you're talking rubbish. I'm sure he'd be fine in an attacking midfield role, I'd like to see him as a proper WB though.

2 hours ago, Bairnardo said:

I was thinking, for no real reason at all really lastnight.... I think one day, and it might take a little bit of time, but I see Leon McCann potentially working as a deep lying midfielder. Would anyone like to completely rubbish me? 

He's popped up in the midfield areas a few times. More for man-marking reasons though than anything else, it's strange.

51 minutes ago, Chinatoon Bairn said:

He's popped up in the midfield areas a few times. More for man-marking reasons though than anything else, it's strange.

He's good at cutting inside and keeping the ball. He's then got to try to mark the guy who's taken it off of whoever he's passed it to. 

1 hour ago, ShaggerG said:

Aye, you're talking rubbish. I'm sure he'd be fine in an attacking midfield role, I'd like to see him as a proper WB though.

There is blurring now in the full back roll in fact the definition of a full back is obsolete.

Manchester City with the Christmas Tree 3-2-4-1 formation is the future.

3 central defenders that can break from the back. 2  holding midfield players, 4 midfield players where the full back / wing back are. 1 center forward. By swamping midfield with 6 players the danger that the full-back traditionally dealt with is no longer there.