The Falkirk FC Thread

I was just told that the Rawlins are part of an American consortium who have bought Sheffield Wednesday. I think that will firmly shut the door on them re-appearing at TFS any time soon (as backers).

Not sure if it’s an entirely done deal, but some eye watering numbers for the current owner to write off if it all goes through.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/further-huddersfield-town-takeover-information-emerges/

Edited by Duncan Freemason

10 minutes ago, Duncan Freemason said:

I was just told that the Rawlins are part of an American consortium who have bought Sheffield Wednesday. I think that will firmly shut the door on them re-appearing at TFS any time soon (as backers).

Not sure if it’s an entirely done deal, but some eye watering numbers for the current owner to write off if it all goes through.

https://footballleagueworld.co.uk/further-huddersfield-town-takeover-information-emerges/

Mind blowing in terms of writing off 40M. Interesting to see what Rawlins brings to the club with the addition of new investment. Only recently posted about Rawlins, if the deal gets approved I’m sure it will see Rawlins exiting the club. 

18 minutes ago, Springfield said:

Mind blowing in terms of writing off 40M. Interesting to see what Rawlins brings to the club with the addition of new investment. Only recently posted about Rawlins, if the deal gets approved I’m sure it will see Rawlins exiting the club. 

He’s already exited the club, quite some time ago actually despite the fact he is stuck with a reasonably significant shareholding nobody wants to buy from him. 

3 hours ago, Shodwall cat said:

That's their job. Like a lot of jobs there's always going to be a certain amount of risk involved. What I'm trying to say though is that we are talking about changing an entire sport here . As I said I'd like to know what the situation is these days with people who play football up to say 18 and then never again or just 5s say. Is there any lasting damage done in their case.

If it is proven, there is no way a governing body will let it continue or be allowed to, no matter whether someone likes watching it or playing that way. 

3 hours ago, HopeStreetWalker said:

Don't be sorry! you have a sincere opinion and that's respected.

But the authorities are going to change the game to stop the onset of this terrible condition and that's a fact.

I encourage you to look at the articles on the subject and the first-hand experience from sufferers and the families and health professionals who look after them, it's heart-wrenching.

I had your opinion till I investigated the subject.

respect as always

I can't find any articles studying younger people . It all seems to be professional footballers who let's face it are playing football virtually every day. If you stop playing at 18 is it an issue? If you play once a week is it an issue?  The recent reduction in heading in training does that make a big difference? Too many studies still needed to get to a stage where you would ban it completely.

Edited by Shodwall cat

3 hours ago, Springfield said:

Huddersfield Town? Hard to see the logic in this. With all due respect to the good people of Huddersfield - great football history but not a big or rich town in English terms - similar population to Falkirk District. Very nice banana shaped stadium as you pass it on the train, and obviously had the wisdom to sign Murray Wallace. And we took Krasniqi. Other than that .....?

On the back of the Rawlins chat, if Rawlins has ‘exited’ the Club, why are they still holding on to the shares and not released or transferred them? If they’re no longer part or interested in Falkirk Football Club then their shares can be put to much better use. Funding another loan for instance? 

Edited by GunnerBairn

9 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

On the back of the Rawlins chat, if Rawlins has ‘exited’ the Club, why are they still holding on to the shares and not released or transferred them? If they’re no longer part or interested in Falkirk Football Club then their shares can be put to much better use. Funding another loan for instance? 

The shares still hold value, they ain't likely to just give it all away for free even if they have no intention of investing further.  

They will just wait it out and if another investor ever comes along they will hope to get their money back.

19 minutes ago, GunnerBairn said:

They paid cira 300k for they’re shareholding, do you think they are just going to hand those shares back or over to somebody else for free? It’s not like they are fans or have any other emotional attachment to the club. I’m guessing they’ll just sit on those shares on the off chance someone might see value or a need for them in the future and make them an offer. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

29 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

They paid cira 300k for they’re shareholding, do you think they are just going to hand those shares back or over to somebody else for free? It’s not like they are fans or have any other emotional attachment to the club. I’m guessing they’ll just sit on those shares on the off chance someone might see value or a need for them in the future and make them an offer. 

This is where it all gets messy and hope that my logic makes sense.

If there are no shares left, then the Rawlins potentially can sell the shares with the club getting nowt. If I remember correctly, the club has to agree that sale. However, I am not sure what the legal position is if the Rawlins want to sell and the club refuses to sanction it. There is also the potential that the Rawlins may want to sell to someone who we don't want as a major shareholder in the club. 

Now, if the club were to make a new issue of shares available, then the Rawlins position is less problematic. Whoever wants to buy shares need to pay the club cash for them. 

Alternatively, maybe they have enough cash that the Falkirk shares are not important and will try and sell at some point in the future if they are worth anything. That may be a veery long way away.....as I've had my shares for decades and they are in reality worth nothing and always have been. 

Edited by Zbairn

8 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

This is where it all gets messy and hope that my logic makes sense.

If there are no shares left, then the Rawlins potentially can sell the shares with the club getting nowt. If I remember correctly, the club has to agree that sale. However, I am not sure what the legal position is if the Rawlins want to sell and the club refuses to sanction it. There is also the potential that the Rawlins may want to sell to someone who we don't want as a major shareholder in the club. 

Now, if the club were to make a new issue of shares available, then the Rawlins position is less problematic. Whoever wants to buy shares need to pay the club cash for them. 

Alternatively, maybe they have enough cash that the Falkirk shares are not important and will try and sell at some point in the future if they are worth anything. That may be a veery long way away.....as I've had my shares for decades and they are in reality worth nothing and always have been. 

Phill Rawlins apparently has a net worth of around 60 million, I don’t thinks he needs the money however if he was to be made an offer and did want to sell his shareholding the club would have to approve that sale anyway. It’s not messy or problematic at all, the Rawlins have became pretty insignificant to be honest. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

23 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Phill Rawlins apparently has a net worth of around 60 million, I don’t thinks he needs the money however if he was to be made an offer and did want to sell his shareholding the club would have to approve that sale anyway. It’s not messy or problematic at all, the Rawlins have became pretty insignificant to be honest. 

£300k's worth of shares isn't insignificant to Falkirk FC. It may be insignificant to the Rawlins. 

3 minutes ago, LatapyBairn. said:

The club already has his 300k, he can’t get it back! 

Only if he doesn't want to sell ..... or the club refuses his request to sell. I'd wager that £60 million quid could buy a good lawyer. 

It's not going to happen as he has probably all but forgotten that we exist....but nevertheless still a possibility. 

The point I'm making is that unless we have a new share issue, any future potential sale or transfer of shares between two parties (Rawlins or otherwise) means that the club will get nothing.  

3 minutes ago, Zbairn said:

Only if he doesn't want to sell ..... or the club refuses his request to sell. I'd wager that £60 million quid could buy a good lawyer. 

It's not going to happen as he has probably all but forgotten that we exist....but nevertheless still a possibility. 

The point I'm making is that unless we have a new share issue, any future potential sale or transfer of shares between two parties (Rawlins or otherwise) means that the club will get nothing.  

I don’t see how a share issue changes that