The Falkirk FC Thread

6 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Fortress Brockville event was booked for The Beancross originally. We were told that the club try to move events around club sponsors (they used Beancross for the pre semi final event) so this was the original plan but were contacted by Beancross due to their current situation. Inchyra, as another sponsor, was then booked. 

As Shodwell Cat says though, otherwise their are no real alternatives to getting 300/350 people in a room for dinner. Grange Manor doesn’t hold that & may not even be a club sponsor. 

I understand. Wasn't a criticism the venue is just up the hill for me. I was just keen to understand why the club continue to use the Inchyra (and wondered if we were obliged to use them due to sponsorship reasons, which seems logical) 

Recently attended a wedding there back in July and I was almost £20 for a pint and large wine. Think the pint was almost £8.

Would have preferred a cheaper venue that allowed more of my beer funds divert to fundraising. 

Appreciate the capacity concerns though. 

32 minutes ago, Forever_Blue_ said:

I understand. Wasn't a criticism the venue is just up the hill for me. I was just keen to understand why the club continue to use the Inchyra (and wondered if we were obliged to use them due to sponsorship reasons, which seems logical) 

Recently attended a wedding there back in July and I was almost £20 for a pint and large wine. Think the pint was almost £8.

Would have preferred a cheaper venue that allowed more of my beer funds divert to fundraising. 

Appreciate the capacity concerns though. 

I agree with you, it’s very expensive for drinks (inc soft drinks tbh) and we had asked the club to see if they can arrange some drinks packages with the hotel, we did this when we learned of the venue change. Fingers crossed🤞🏼

36 minutes ago, RC55 FFC said:

I agree with you, it’s very expensive for drinks (inc soft drinks tbh) and we had asked the club to see if they can arrange some drinks packages with the hotel, we did this when we learned of the venue change. Fingers crossed🤞🏼

We’ve booked a table for the Fortress Brockville event but I remember from the Stainrod event that the Inchyra drink prices were a joke and the beer was rotten. Not a lover of the place but will put up with it for what I’m sure will be a great night.

8 hours ago, RC55 FFC said:

Fortress Brockville event was booked for The Beancross originally. We were told that the club try to move events around club sponsors (they used Beancross for the pre semi final event) so this was the original plan but were contacted by Beancross due to their current situation. Inchyra, as another sponsor, was then booked. 

As Shodwell Cat says though, otherwise their are no real alternatives to getting 300/350 people in a room for dinner. Grange Manor doesn’t hold that & may not even be a club sponsor. 

Hopefully this Fortress Brockville event is better run than the Latapy night which you guys were promoting.  Still waiting on my refund or further information!

29 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Hopefully this Fortress Brockville event is better run than the Latapy night which you guys were promoting.  Still waiting on my refund or further information!

John gave an update on this weeks podcast having finally got in touch with the organiser after many attempts since it’s postponement. Trust me when I say we are as frustrated as everyone about the lack of info/emails from the company who organised having paid for tickets too for family/friends. 

Not ideal obviously and we need to take their word that refunds will be issued should anyone not wish to wait for confirmation of a new date. 

Edited to add that personally see no reason why this Brockville night won’t be like the other club organised evenings which are usually very well planned/executed. Like the Latapy evening though, we are promoting as we’ve been asked to host so can only do so much. 

Edited by RC55 FFC

47 minutes ago, RC_Bairn said:

Drop me a DM with your email address and we’ll pass that onto him as we have done if anyone else has not had any communication. 

I haven't lived in the Falkirk area for yonks so I have no idea what venues are available or otherwise. So, here comes a totally stupid idea: instead of using a local hotel is there any way that you could have these events on a regular basis but move them around the Falkirk area by using a marquee and some catering company instead? Denny, Banknock, Bonnybridge, Camelon, Polmont, the Braes etc., Have the events double as a function but also use them to get new fans, steal them back from the Arse Cheeks and maybe sign existing fans up to the FSS?

8 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

Think we are just going to have to do this ourselves and not rely on anyone else 

Looks like it. I had hoped Hamilton would make it easy for us by continuing their downward trajectory and being shite but doesn’t look like thats happening unfortunately. Can see it going the distance between the two clubs. 

Edited by LatapyBairn.

With all respect to all teams, I simply couldn’t give two f…. for any team in this league. We’ve been five years down here and the next two games (albeit so early in season) will be confirmation of our intentions.
You can play about with stats till the cows come home, and yes we’ve started the season well against possibly the weakest division three for a couple of seasons.
The team so far looks confident, consistent and application spot on. 
Expecting difficult games as both Montrose and Hamilton on great form, but nothing short of two performances/wins will tell me we’ve finally got a team worthy of winning promotion.

10 minutes ago, Springfield said:

With all respect to all teams, I simply couldn’t give two f…. for any team in this league. We’ve been five years down here and the next two games (albeit so early in season) will be confirmation of our intentions.
You can play about with stats till the cows come home, and yes we’ve started the season well against possibly the weakest division three for a couple of seasons.
The team so far looks confident, consistent and application spot on. 
Expecting difficult games as both Montrose and Hamilton on great form, but nothing short of two performances/wins will tell me we’ve finally got a team worthy of winning promotion.

I agree, bugger what other teams do, we should be good enough to get ourselves out this league and other teams should worry about what we are going to do. Think we finally have a team where this could be the case as we have players capable of hurting teams and a defence and keeper who can keep the back door shut.

Edited by Harry Kinnear

Not long ago, people were ridiculed for suggesting every game was a must win. That seems exactly as it will be. Hamilton have done their goal difference some good tonight but hopefully we’ll make sure that doesn’t come in to play tomorrow and next week. 

16 minutes ago, Harry Kinnear said:

I agree, bugger what other teams do, we should be good enough to get ourselves out this league and other teams should worry about what we are going to do. Think we finally have a team where this could be the case as we have players capable of hurting teams and a defence and keeper who can keep the back door shut.

Like many, no excuses…..

As has been seen this season already points will be dropped. The crazy stuff at Cove made us drop points and likewise Hamilton failed to beat Stirling when they were 2 goals up. These types of results will happen but the trick is to make them harder by scoring early and closing games off. Easier typed than done!

5 hours ago, Bairn in Exile said:

I haven't lived in the Falkirk area for yonks so I have no idea what venues are available or otherwise. So, here comes a totally stupid idea: instead of using a local hotel is there any way that you could have these events on a regular basis but move them around the Falkirk area by using a marquee and some catering company instead? Denny, Banknock, Bonnybridge, Camelon, Polmont, the Braes etc., Have the events double as a function but also use them to get new fans, steal them back from the Arse Cheeks and maybe sign existing fans up to the FSS?

Just thinking aloud. Could the club not have organised this for the Westfield Lounge, with a beer and pie thrown in ?

Maybe make a higher margin of profit over having it at the inchyra ?

Scott Honeyman scored for us tonight.

Good attitude to find the equaliser after going 1-0 down after just 5 mins. I thought we went toe to toe with FT opposition and deserved the draw.

It's great to have Honeyman back though. He just seems to have a an energy that rubs off on the rest of the team.

2 hours ago, LatapyBairn. said:

Looks like it. I had hoped Hamilton would make it easy for us by continuing their downward trajectory and being shite but doesn’t look like thats happening unfortunately. Can see it going the distance between the two clubs. 

We are much different team though from the past 3 seasons we've finally got a new owner in who care about the club and the football and they've backed Rankin well although it will take a couple of years to get rid of the terrible reputation our former board left on us.